Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 20:17   #4306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Team, need a 2 ton split AC for my bedroom. (4 or 5 stars)

Reading the current reviews, have not considered Daiken, Hitachi and Sharp.

General and Mitsubishi are currently shortlisted. Anyone has any reviews of Mitsubishi AC's?

After using the LG 1.5 for 5 years replaced it with the mitsubishi 1.5. The LG was losing cooling power and made a lot of squeaks and sounds.

In the Mitsubishi, indoor and outdoor units are super silent. Multi directional Air throw and cooling is very powerful.

No issues since 4 years. Feels the same as day one. We use the AC for 4 to 5 months a year. Quality is top notch. Prices are in the range of the Daikin and Hitachi.
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:30   #4307
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@Happysmiles; What is the brand-name for Mitsubishi. Are they having R410a units?
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:04   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Happysmiles; What is the brand-name for Mitsubishi. Are they having R410a units?
Hi,

Please check this http://www.mitsubishielectric.in/air...-hk-series.php

seems that they have R410a. Scroll down to the bottom of the page which has the details and the comparison.

Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:52   #4309
Distinguished - BHPian

We chased Sharp's maintenance guys today. it seems that they are hassling Sharp for our replacement fan motor every day. It has to be imported.

No spares to hand is a big black mark against the company.
Old 29th February 2016, 17:03   #4310
BHPian

Guys, please suggest a good air-cooler with humidity control and fan-speed control. AZ / FK are suggesting Symphony brand but I am not sure which model has humidity control. My wife is uncomfortable with extra humidity in the air , so humidity control is necessary.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 17:58   #4311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, please suggest a good air-cooler with humidity control and fan-speed control. AZ / FK are suggesting Symphony brand but I am not sure which model has humidity control. My wife is uncomfortable with extra humidity in the air , so humidity control is necessary.
I would not recommend Air cooler because of health implications (which you can of course google) it could potentially cause.

As far as air conditioner is concerned, I would recommend LG. Good product range complimented with excellent service. You can use the below guide to decide on the tonnage calculation.
  1. Let's say the room is 10 feet wide by 15 feet long.
  2. That means 10×15=150 square feet.
  3. Take the sqrt(150)/10.
  4. We get 1.247.
  5. Choose an AC which is 1.2 Tonnes.

Source - https://www.techenclave.com/communit...-room-size.15/
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:15   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Any suggestion for 1 Ton Windows AC? My priorities are less noise and trouble free running. My 12 years Hitachi logicool need replacement. For now, i am leaning towards to replace with another Hitachi.

Also, will i get any buy back for the old a/c?

Installed Bluestar 1 Ton window A/c at home Monday, cost is 21K plus 550 for installation. I was having only one day time to buy and install due to office travel. Went to few shops on Sunday evening. At one shop they said, they don't deal with Windows a/c and the other shop has only split a/cs in display / stock and Windows a/c need to be ordered based on booking which will take 1 week to 10 days. The next shop has some 20 to 30 models of split a/c in display but has only one Window A/c in display and stock. Looks like everyone is phasing out window a/c these days.

Though i was thinking about getting a good Hitachi model, then finally need to settle for what is available. The a/c is delivered the same day and installation is done in the next day. The size and look of the model is almost the same as my previous Hitachi logicool. In fact, feature wise, i found the 10+year old Hitachi little better (with option like Kamini which i will miss in the new a/c). The only better option than my old a/c is the temperature number display which was missing in Hitachi. Hope and wish i will get a trouble free running for a decade...
Old 8th March 2016, 09:12   #4313

Guys,

Needed some advice on ACs for my new apartment in Noida.

Wanted to know if anyone can shed light on the best AC technology to handle the leakage issue (Noida as you may know has H2S aplenty which attacks copper in the tubing. The answer is to have better grade of materials.

My questions
1 what combination of materials should I be looking for? And which brands have them?
2 LG has a warranty on condenser unit for 5 years which includes gas filling (only for condenser leaks) . Samsung has a 10 year compressor warranty. Should these be contributing factors in decision making?
3 I'm thinking about Mitsubishi on the high end and Blue Star on the low end. Any thoughts on this? Price difference is around 10-15k for equivalent specs.
Old 8th March 2016, 10:53   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragpatnaik View Post
Guys,

Needed some advice on ACs for my new apartment in Noida.

Wanted to know if anyone can shed light on the best AC technology to handle the leakage issue (Noida as you may know has H2S aplenty which attacks copper in the tubing. The answer is to have better grade of materials.

My questions
1 what combination of materials should I be looking for? And which brands have them?
2 LG has a warranty on condenser unit for 5 years which includes gas filling (only for condenser leaks) . Samsung has a 10 year compressor warranty. Should these be contributing factors in decision making?
3 I'm thinking about Mitsubishi on the high end and Blue Star on the low end. Any thoughts on this? Price difference is around 10-15k for equivalent specs.
Most of my friends who live in Noida, especially near the drain have faced similar problem with leaks due to corrosion. Your best bet is to find a brand that has comprehensive repairs/replacement of leaking condenser (and pipes). Better still find a dealer near your house and have a friendly chat with him regarding replacement/repair policy. In your case I would go for the older technology rather than the latest, as that is easier to repair.

I prefer LG compared to Samsung for AC, and they have a very good service network in Delhi. Though I have 3 Hitachi, stay away from it as their service is very patchy and expensive. Daikin may refuse to repair/replace parts affected due to corrosion.

Last edited by Aroy : 8th March 2016 at 10:55.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:34   #4315
Distinguished - BHPian

We are still fighting to get our Sharp AC fixed.
Old 9th March 2016, 08:52   #4316
BHPian

Guys looking for a 1 Ton split unit for my bedroom. Any feedback on these models:
Voltas 125 EY (S)
Voltas 125 CYE

I want to stay away from Hitachi/Panasonic primarily due to A.S.S. Bought a LG last year and wasn't impressed.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:32   #4317
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Guys looking for a 1 Ton split unit for my bedroom. Any feedback on these models:
Voltas 125 EY (S)
Voltas 125 CYE

I want to stay away from Hitachi/Panasonic primarily due to A.S.S. Bought a LG last year and wasn't impressed.
Do look at Daikin also, they just work great and are trouble free, great NVH levels too , one can hardly hear any sound when they're working.

EDIT:You can look at my earlier post with details here

Last edited by NPV : 9th March 2016 at 09:34.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:54   #4318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like everyone is phasing out window a/c these days.
Window air conditioners won't be phased out. They are cheaper and far less complicated when it comes to installation (Except for breaking the wall). There are lesser chances of a gas leak too. Yes; the noise levels are usually much higher than a split. Power consumption is a little lower too as you have a single motor for the condenser and evaporator coil.

Quote:
Hope and wish i will get a trouble free running for a decade...
I have 3 Blue Star units. The window unit which is over a decade old is still working without fault. Being an old unit it does consume a lot of power as compressor technology is from that generation. I converted the unit from manual control to wireless remote from Blue Star. The other units are split which are over 5 years old and working without a hitch. Even if you do run in to problem, turn around time is usually quick with Blue Star as parts are locally sourced.

I will say that Blue Stars are not the best when it comes to features and overall finesse during operation. Its like comparing an IFB to a Samsung or LG washing machine. They work great but from an engineering and design stand point, the Koreans/Japanese are in a different league and that is why you almost always end up paying a little more for them.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 9th March 2016 at 13:55.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:08   #4319
BHPian

I need to install split AC at my flat (in both the bed rooms). Based on the 'overall' comments here, I have decided to go ahead with Daikin. I have started talking to various dealers to get the multiple quotes. Here is the first quote that I have received. I am yet to decide between 'Inverter' and '5-star' model, hence getting the quote for both. I need couple of inputs from experts here
1) Is this price quoted okay? too high? if so, then how much i can negotiate?
2) How do i decide between 'Inverter' and '5-star' model?
3) Overall Installation Charges - How much extra (approximately) I may have to shell out?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Quotation.pdf (307.8 KB, 602 views)
Old 9th March 2016, 14:21   #4320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
... Based on the 'overall' comments here, I have decided to go ahead with Daikin. ....
I dare say the 'overall' comments here are not very favourable toward Daikin! You probably were predisposed to Daikin and chose it for that reason.
You'd be best off with LG. This is my personal view.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks