Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 16:55   #3826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Saga of my AC purchase (not complete yet)
--------------------------------------------------

I decided to install a split AC for my bedroom (14 x 12 x 12) in Bangalore and decided to go in for a 1.5 ton inverter AC. I owe a lot to this thread for this research. The favourites in this thread being Daikin and Sharp etc. I also decided to go with Sharp.
I wish I could help you with Sharp, but my experience in Bangalore has been similar. Best to call up their closest dealer. The Daikin dealers Aerogem, Aircomfort are focused on commercial installations too. We had a good sale experience with Aerogem (a NPV reco) but their service guys were amazingly cheap & shoddy.

They insisted on not calling a core cutter, braising diff copper dia pipes, shorting w/o plug, crappy drain pipe fixing etal. We experienced few of the Daikin 'legendary' installation services. And I'm already dreading regular servicing.

So my advice to you would be that this is very much a sellers market, stay focused on Inverter models, but not specific features. And I think a 1T Daikin Inverter cools our larger bedroom area very comfortably.
Old 8th March 2015, 11:00   #3827
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

None of the gases is proprietary to any of the air conditioning OEMs, to a gas manufacturer maybe.

Quote:
Why not Daikin? because Daikin uses R32 refrigerant which seems to be somewhat proprietary to them.
Old 8th March 2015, 11:04   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
None of the gases is proprietary to any of the air conditioning OEMs, to a gas manufacturer maybe.
Agreed, but I may add that Daikin seem to be only ones using R32. The world seems to be migrating from R22 to R410.
Old 8th March 2015, 11:45   #3829
Senior - BHPian

You are correct Sir, Daikin does seem to be the major user of R32 in our market. In Japan however several makes offer machines using this gas. 410 (a concoction that is neither very efficient nor economical to produce) was meant to be a stop gap arrangement till gas majors like DuPont etc. came out with the next generation, stable and efficient refrigerant which R32 is. However this gas in it's early avatar being slightly inflammable could not muster the safety certifications required for commercial roll out. It's first boost came a couple of years back in the form of clearances from the concerned authorities in Japan who approved a variant with reduced flammability. The last time (last year)I enquired from people in the gas business, clearances were on the verge of being granted in the EU but were stuck in the US. This delay has allowed 410 to gain a strong foothold but as new & better variants of R32 are rolled out it will ultimately replace the former.

I myself am sitting on the fence waiting for Daikin to start making these R32 machines at their SE Asian facility as the current models are CBUs from Japan and cost a pretty penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Agreed, but I may add that Daikin seem to be only ones using R32. The world seems to be migrating from R22 to R410.

Last edited by khoj : 8th March 2015 at 11:46.
Old 8th March 2015, 12:50   #3830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
We had a good sale experience with Aerogem (a NPV reco) but their service guys were amazingly cheap & shoddy.

I had the same problem with Daikin installers in chennai. The guy placed it wrong first and drilled like 8 holes for the IDU template and then realized that there is another wall behind such that he could not make the hole that side for the pipes to go to the ODU. This inspite of me questioning his placement and asking him how many installations he had done before as he looked like a kid. I then complained to the company and was given the number of the guy from daikin who was responsible for their partners. I had called their corporate office in Delhi I think. He then sent me a more experienced guy and they picked up from where the initial guys left off.
Old 8th March 2015, 15:18   #3831
Senior - BHPian

@khoj; Thanks for the information. What are the working pressures for R32? Similar to R22 or as high as R410?
Old 8th March 2015, 22:24   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had the same problem with Daikin installers in chennai. The guy placed it wrong first and drilled like 8 holes for the IDU template and then realized that there is another wall behind such that he could not make the hole that side for the pipes to go to the ODU. This inspite of me questioning his placement and asking him how many installations he had done before as he looked like a kid. I then complained to the company and was given the number of the guy from daikin who was responsible for their partners. I had called their corporate office in Delhi I think. He then sent me a more experienced guy and they picked up from where the initial guys left off.
I have had a horrible overall experience with Daikin. The installers dont have much knowledge and its the more in-experienced installers that come.

For me the piping done was quater half and the R32 1 Ton Daikin had much different specs for the pipes. The installer went ahead with the quater half installation where I had to intervene and get things sorted out with him to install the one that IDU has.

Between I also have realised that Daikin has two product portfolios. One is Made in India and the other is the imported for which the service is provided by Daikin India itself. The cost and the product quality is both at higher ends for the imports.
Old 8th March 2015, 23:02   #3833
BHPian

Friends,

Typing in a new reply option -

Looking for an inverter AC for my bedroom.

Bedroom specs -

Location - Pune
Top Floor Apartment. Its the last one and there's terrace above.
Sq Ft - 11x12x10(H)
Entry Passage - 2x2x10(H)
Balcony - Glass Sliding Door - West Facing
Window - Glass Sliding Door - North Facing - 6x6
Furniture - Wardrobe, Bed, Dressing table, Computer table. Furniture is all Wooden.

The piping is already done with Daikin in mind with quater half piping.
Cannot change the piping at this stage as its concealed into the wooden panel made for the Curtons for the Balcony door. A change here would lead me to remove the wooden pelmet(panel), change the piping for which ever brand gets finalized, fix it repaint the entire wall. This alone would set me back for 10k(wooden panel and repaint of wall).

This piping was done by Daikin Dealer installers. Since my first experience with Daikin has been unsatisfactory, need your suggestion for the following -

Better then Daikin AC Brand within the same prize range.
Model?
Tonnage?
What brand, model AC will match the quater half piping thats already in place?
Does Copper vs Alloy Condensor make much differnce ?

My Personal look around has been for the following -

Sharp
Tonnage - 1.25 (with Plasma filter)
Model -AH-XP15RHT
Reason -
1. Copper Condensor.
2. The broucher for this brand clearly mentions that 1.1 inverter is sufficient for 130 sqft (top Floor New Delhi apt) and 1.5 inverter is sufficient for 170 sqft (top Floor New Delhi apt). Comparatively Pune doesnt has harsh summers as in Delhi, hence I believe 1.25 should be enough for my needs.

Need your help guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by tush : 8th March 2015 at 23:09.
Old 9th March 2015, 21:22   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Friends,

Sharp
Model -AH-XP15RHT
Did you manage to find some one who is willing to deliver this model? In Bangalore, I was told that AH-XP18PHT is out of stock with no line of sight on availability. They were willing to deliver AH-XP18PET (the lower end variant) though.
Old 9th March 2015, 23:41   #3835
Senior - BHPian

Sir, the working pressure for R32 is higher than the 410.

I am attaching a couple of articles on this refrigerant, these might be of interest. Infact the article from Australia (Low down on R32) cites shortage of appropriate cylinders etc(with the right wall thickness/pressure ratings) for the slow roll out. On the flip side it makes me shudder at the apparent lack of safety standards in the local context. Anyhow, back to topic

HVAC p15_18_feature1 R32 in India.pdf

Danfoss R32 DKRCC.PB.000.E4.02_low res.pdf

HVAC_Nov13_01 R32.pdf

MSDS sg_152-r32-difluoromethane-v1.51410_39651.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@khoj; Thanks for the information. What are the working pressures for R32? Similar to R22 or as high as R410?
Old 10th March 2015, 09:14   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sir, the working pressure for R32 is higher than the 410.

I am attaching a couple of articles on this refrigerant, these might be of interest. Infact the article from Australia (Low down on R32) cites shortage of appropriate cylinders etc(with the right wall thickness/pressure ratings) for the slow roll out. On the flip side it makes me shudder at the apparent lack of safety standards in the local context. Anyhow, back to topic

Attachment 1348103

Attachment 1348104

Attachment 1348105

Attachment 1348106
Saw that R410a is nothing but a 50-50 blend of R32 (third addition to your post) and a fire suppressant R125. So obviously R32 will be more efficient, as long as the fire hazard is covered. The working pressures will be similar, but the volume requirements will be far lower.
Old 10th March 2015, 10:01   #3837
Senior - BHPian

Last night my Whirlpool 1.2 Ton split AC failed to cool my room. I tried switching it on and off twice and still the AC runs to just throw out warm air - despite the display saying it is in Turbo AC mode ( usually starts in this mode ) and not in fan mode ! Very confused
Old 10th March 2015, 11:58   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Did you manage to find some one who is willing to deliver this model? In Bangalore, I was told that AH-XP18PHT is out of stock with no line of sight on availability. They were willing to deliver AH-XP18PET (the lower end variant) though.
At the current stage its the PMT model that they have for 1.5 which has Plasma filter. I believe this is the top most for 1.5

Quote:
Friends,

Bedroom specs -

Location - Pune
Sq Ft - 11x12x10(H)
Furniture - Wardrobe, Bed, Dressing table, Computer table. Furniture is all Wooden.

Sharp
Model -AH-XP15RHT
Reason -
1. Copper Condensor.
2. The broucher for this brand clearly mentions that 1.1 inverter is sufficient for 130 sqft (top Floor New Delhi apt) and 1.5 inverter is sufficient for 170 sqft (top Floor New Delhi apt). Comparatively Pune doesnt has harsh summers as in Delhi, hence I believe 1.25 should be enough for my needs.

Need your help guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Does any body know if this should suffice my needs.

Any one from Pune who has installed 1.2 tonne AC for their Top Floor apartment, comment would be highly appreciated.
Old 13th March 2015, 11:16   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Looking for an inverter AC for my bedroom.

Bedroom specs -

Location - Pune
Sq Ft - 11x12x10(H)

The piping is already done with Daikin in mind with quater half piping.
Cannot change the piping at this stage as its concealed into the wooden panel made for the Curtons for the Balcony door. A change here would lead me to remove the wooden pelmet(panel), change the piping for which ever brand gets finalized, fix it repaint the entire wall. This alone would set me back for 10k(wooden panel and repaint of wall).

This piping was done by Daikin Dealer installers. Since my first experience with Daikin has been unsatisfactory, need your suggestion for the following -

Better then Daikin AC Brand within the same prize range.
Model?
Tonnage?
What brand, model AC will match the quater half piping thats already in place?
Does Copper vs Alloy Condensor make much differnce ?

Sharp
Model -AH-XP15RHT
Reason -
1. Copper Condensor.

Need your help guys.
Guys,

Went back to posts in the forum until 2013 but I am unable to reach a conclusion if 1.25 Sharp would be fine or I need to go for 1.5 ?

The decision is easier between 1 ton and 1.5 ton but confusion increases if there is a 1.25 available.

Another thing about 1.25 is, it has copper condensor but from 1.5 and onward sharp uses alloy.

@Khoj, Aroy, sgittk Sir,

Could you help with your advise.

Thanks!
Old 13th March 2015, 12:48   #3840
BHPian

Got the Kenstar 1Ton 5* rated model from Amazon. Delivered the next day in BLR after placing order. Amazon has a 2500 gift card on this model, along with a 500 off on 5000 from GiftBig.

The final price worked out to 21990- 2500 (Amazon gift card offer)-2200(GiftBig Offer)= 17290/-

Plus Installation charges 2000 (including the brackets), so 19290/-.

We have a Samsung and 5 year old TCL split, both working without any issues, no idea about the Kenstar neither do i know anyone in my friends circle using one

Edit- Kenstar is a rebranded Videocon AC, manufactured by Videocon at their Chittegaon plant, Maharashtra.

Last edited by xotiq : 13th March 2015 at 13:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks