Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 15:18   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: OGeneral Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
See top-middle, printed 'Refrigant R410A'.

I was quoted MRP rates for 1.5T and 2T as Rs.51,990 and Rs.59,990 respectively.
As per specs, the 2T model appears to be very powerful, going up to 2.2T capacity.
Sorry, it slipped me. First three are the ones meeting the EER rating of 3.2 (revised for 2012). I will also check up. May be dealers are reluctant since R410 requires fresh tooling - refrigerant, 1.5x higher pressure, etc.
Old 13th March 2012, 15:44   #2387
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

If money is not a problem and window AC is the choice, I would buy nothing other than a General.
Old 18th March 2012, 23:42   #2388
BHPian

finally bought panasonic 1.5 ton invertor for 38850 including bracket and fitting.thanx a lot khoj sir!
Old 19th March 2012, 14:17   #2389
BHPian

@khoj

We are currently looking for a 1.5 ton AC. After looking at the discussions here, we have deiced it should be an Inverter system as the AC will be on almost 24X7. We have finalised the list to
O'General and Daikin inverters both with R410A refrigerant. Please let me know which one is better in terms of performance, build quality and finally which one to go for .

As for O'General, we currently have two one tonner and one 1.5 tonner in my home. All but one are operating for a last 5 years and backed up by pathetic after sales service. We are happy with the performance but not with the support.

I have no idea about Daikin performance or support.

Chennai Guys,
Can you let me know which one is better in terms of support and service. My current O'general's are not maintained properly. Each time they send a different person and they have literally ruined the ACs.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:32   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Though a known devil is better than an unknown one, I would recommend that you go with Daikin. They are supposed to be the best service provider but I have no experience with them. I do have a Daikin split at my res. but service was refused as I did not buy it directly from their authorised dealer. The performance is excellent and it is the most silent of all of the machines that I have had experience with. The usage again is almost 24x7, April through October.

The upkeep for airconditioners is very simple & I am wondering as to what the General guys did to earn your ire. As for the same guy coming for service on every visit, in present times that is a very tough demand. Do tell me though, whether the after sales is being provided by the sales dealer or by the authorized service franchisee of ETA Star General(I) Pvt. Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
As for O'General, we currently have two one tonner and one 1.5 tonner in my home. All but one are operating for a last 5 years and backed up by pathetic after sales service. We are happy with the performance but not with the support.

I have no idea about Daikin performance or support.

Chennai Guys,
Can you let me know which one is better in terms of support and service. My current O'general's are not maintained properly. Each time they send a different person and they have literally ruined the ACs.
Old 20th March 2012, 00:55   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Daikin is more silent that General machines.
General Machines are more powerful than rated and hence Daikin Machines also.
Daikin Service is better than General service
General Machines are more rugged than Daikin.

I have both Daikin and General and am speaking from experience. So take your pick based on what you need.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:44   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
finally bought panasonic 1.5 ton invertor for 38850 including bracket and fitting.thanx a lot khoj sir!
Please let us know the model # and the location where you bought it. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2012, 09:46   #2393
Senior - BHPian

@khoj; I have the Hitachi as mentioned by you. Agree the fan is quite, but the compressor sound is intrusive.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:43   #2394
BHPian

Mumbai nights are getting a little too hot for my liking. The day time is worse, felt it for the first time over the weekend as office AC was not there

So coming to the point, my room is 140 sq.ft & the questions are:

1) Will a 1 ton suffice. Though i am also considering the 1.2ton cube ac of Panasonic, but if i am going for a split will a 1 ton suffice as i believe a 1.5 ton will be too much?
2) I don't need the ac to run the whole night, as when i was in Dubai we would end up switching it off around 4 ~ 5 in the morning cause it was getting too cold but i would hate the fact that sleep would get disturbed. Is there any feature in splits that allow you to switch it off at a pre specified time? Is sleep mode related to this?
3) When one runs ac for just 5 hours max a night is a split with inverter advisable or is it only useful when running ac for long periods of time?

Any form of advice, welcome.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:08   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

We are planning to get two 1.5 T A/C for our house. Since we already have two 1.5T LG A/C's, our choice narrowed to LG only. Our major concern is servicing, nearest service center is 40Kms away and our experience with LG has been good so far. So should I go with LG or any other brand? Like Panasonic, Daikin etc.

LG 1.5T 5star - LG-LSA5UR5A
LG LSA5UR5A Split AC - Ensure best air conditioning features like Jet Cool, Chaos Mode and Anti Bacteria Filter. - LG Electronics IN
Old 20th March 2012, 12:29   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
wow, can you provide specific model details?

congrats on the pricing!

i got a quote of INR 34,500 for a 1 ton inverter silver model!
Old 20th March 2012, 13:36   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Daikin is more silent that General machines.
General Machines are more powerful than rated and hence Daikin Machines also.
Daikin Service is better than General service
General Machines are more rugged than Daikin.

I have both Daikin and General and am speaking from experience. So take your pick based on what you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Though a known devil is better than an unknown one, I would recommend that you go with Daikin. They are supposed to be the best service provider but I have no experience with them. I do have a Daikin split at my res. but service was refused as I did not buy it directly from their authorised dealer. The performance is excellent and it is the most silent of all of the machines that I have had experience with. The usage again is almost 24x7, April through October.
Thanks Khoj and devarshi84,
Will go for Daikin then. Saw a new Daikin in a house in my street, will pay them a visit then :-)

As for the OG I got it from an ETA franchisee and the service personal are also from the same firm. I guess I have cribbed enough about them now. Hopefully Daikin should easy the summer for my mom.
Old 20th March 2012, 19:27   #2398
BHPian

Daikin Invertor

Daikin Invertor 1.8T installed just a few hours back!
Will post more details with photos soon!

Unfortunately Tamilnadu is reeling under 8 to 10 hours of power-cuts daily, so could not test it fully .

Will try overnight, since I have a casio hygrometer/thermometer I will measure the exact drop and will report.

Last edited by manim : 20th March 2012 at 19:29.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:01   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Hello Guys,

We are planning to get two 1.5 T A/C for our house. Since we already have two 1.5T LG A/C's, our choice narrowed to LG only. Our major concern is servicing, nearest service center is 40Kms away and our experience with LG has been good so far. So should I go with LG or any other brand? Like Panasonic, Daikin etc.

LG 1.5T 5star - LG-LSA5UR5A
LG LSA5UR5A Split AC - Ensure best air conditioning features like Jet Cool, Chaos Mode and Anti Bacteria Filter. - LG Electronics IN
LG is not amongst the good ac brands in my list. But then if there is nothing nearby, you might stick to LG. It's not bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Mumbai nights are getting a little too hot for my liking. The day time is worse, felt it for the first time over the weekend as office AC was not there

So coming to the point, my room is 140 sq.ft & the questions are:

1) Will a 1 ton suffice. Though i am also considering the 1.2ton cube ac of Panasonic, but if i am going for a split will a 1 ton suffice as i believe a 1.5 ton will be too much?
2) I don't need the ac to run the whole night, as when i was in Dubai we would end up switching it off around 4 ~ 5 in the morning cause it was getting too cold but i would hate the fact that sleep would get disturbed. Is there any feature in splits that allow you to switch it off at a pre specified time? Is sleep mode related to this?
3) When one runs ac for just 5 hours max a night is a split with inverter advisable or is it only useful when running ac for long periods of time?

Any form of advice, welcome.
If more than two sides of your room face the sun, you need 1.5 tonne ac. If you have big windows and doors in the room along with a wall facing the sun, you need a 1.5 tonne ac. Otherwise something between 1-1.24 should suffice.

Usually 1.5 tonne units are recommended by retailers.

All ac's today come with timers which switch them off after a specified period of time. Some do call it sleep more.

For your usage, inverter ac is not recommended IMHO.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:52   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
LG is not amongst the good ac brands in my list. But then if there is nothing nearby, you might stick to LG. It's not bad either.

If more than two sides of your room face the sun, you need 1.5 tonne ac. If you have big windows and doors in the room along with a wall facing the sun, you need a 1.5 tonne ac. Otherwise something between 1-1.24 should suffice.

Usually 1.5 tonne units are recommended by retailers.

All ac's today come with timers which switch them off after a specified period of time. Some do call it sleep more.

For your usage, inverter ac is not recommended IMHO.
None of the room's sides face the sun. It has a big window though but doesn't face the sun as opposite it's the adjoining building.
Any suggestions on brand at around 1 ton split? Was not sure whether i saw the sleep mode feature on the Panasonic cube ac's which is what put me off on it cause i really don't wanna end up waking up in the middle of the night like it was for the ol' window acs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks