Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-846.html)

Does apple still sell Xs in India? Their website only shows 11, XR, 11 pro and the new SE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4789660)
I am an iPhone 7 user and apart from the battery life (which now is at 84% and requires frequent charging) I have no qualms.

Why do you want to change phone if everything else is fine? Just get the battery replaced from authorised Apple service. I just got my wife’s iPhone 6 battery changed(in February 2020) as it was at 80% and the phone is working superb again(for her usage). Battery issue sorted and she is happy to use it for another year. Took just 2k INR for the change.

In this season of recession am happy to have gotten away with 2k expense rather than spending 40-50k for an upgrade lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4789660)
I am an iPhone 7 user and apart from the battery life (which now is at 84% and requires frequent charging) I have no qualms.

I understand the itch to get the new phone but honestly, if you are going for the SE, it is better to use your 7 only and get the battery changed. I have a 6S and don't see need to change but I am in a situation where I am forced to change due to my US iPhone 6S not working well with Airtel and Jio networks.
Else I would keep using the 6S till it died and I am actually using 5S currently until I can buy the next iPhone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raj_RD (Post 4789696)
Does apple still sell Xs in India? Their website only shows 11, XR, 11 pro and the new SE.

Apple does not retail the XS in India anymore. It is not listed on their website as well. I believe that the units being sold through online retailers are only until the stocks last, which explains the exorbitant discounts during sale. I myself, fell bait to one upgrading from SE just before the lockdown. lol:

If one wants true OLED experience on an iPhone, he / she now has the 11 Pros as the only option.

Cheers,
Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4789718)
In this season of recession am happy to have gotten away with 2k expense rather than spending 40-50k for an upgrade lol:

Just 2k for a 6S battery replacement? :Shockked: Here in Goa they quoted me a full 5.5k for the battery replacement for IP7. How come there is such a huge difference in prices?
My 3 year old IP7 battery health has dropped to 74% and it needs charging twice a day. Moreover, even the performance of the phone has dropped considerably(seems like a throttling effect). Hence, was looking for a battery change, but I wonder if spending 5.5k just on the battery replacement makes sense; and if it will regain it's lost performance.:confused:

For the last 7 days am noticing that my XR is getting heated up much more.
The IOS is updated to the latest version & so are the apps. My usage is same as before. It has not increased due to lockdown. The only new app I added is the Amazon music.

The phone is 6.5 months old and the battery is showing 94%. The battery drainage is as before, it has not increased, neither there is any drop in performance.

For example scrolling Facebook or a video chat, or using the phone in loud speaker or seeing a video for around 10 mins is heating it up. The heat is not major, but I can feel it in my palm. Earlier it was not there.

Any solution for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4790080)
The IOS is updated to the latest version & so are the apps. My usage is same as before. It has not increased due to lockdown. The only new app I added is the Amazon music.

I have Amazon music app for quite some time now on my XR , I even use it for at least 1 hour during commute, but no heating issues. So in your case it could be something else also.

Quote:

The phone is 6.5 months old and the battery is showing 94%. The battery drainage is as before, it has not increased, neither there is any drop in performance.

For example scrolling Facebook or a video chat, or using the phone in loud speaker or seeing a video for around 10 mins is heating it up. The heat is not major, but I can feel it in my palm. Earlier it was not there.

Any solution for this?

When you bought it was winter but now summer has started and from what I heard Kolkata is nice and warm. :)

Ambient temps will cause the phone to run warmer like many electronic devices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 4790073)
Just 2k for a 6S battery replacement? :Shockked: Here in Goa they quoted me a full 5.5k for the battery replacement for IP7. How come there is such a huge difference in prices?

It's iphone 6, not 6s but they cost the same as per US website. Couldn't find the India price. Source

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_202004182006372.png

I was in Raipur for a vacation back in Feb when I noticed this offer running in Ambuja mall service center. Battery changes @1999 for 6, 6s etc. So I pounced on the deal. :D

Not sure if it was pan-india or just the service center specific offer but I have seen this kind of offer from Apple earlier as well in Bangalore once in 2017 August

Quote:

Any solution for this?

My XR is 11 months old with 90% battery health. I am observing similar heating issues as well. But as Vid mentioned it could be the ambient temperature. Here in Delhi, its gotten quite hot in the past few days. So I think its because of summer settling in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4790101)
It's iphone 6, not 6s but they cost the same as per US website. Couldn't find the India price. Source

Attachment 1995172

I was in Raipur for a vacation back in Feb when I noticed this offer running in Ambuja mall service center. Battery changes @1999 for 6, 6s etc. So I pounced on the deal. :D

Not sure if it was pan-india or just the service center specific offer but I have seen this kind of offer from Apple earlier as well in Bangalore once in 2017 August

The 2k deal was on offer till Dec 2018. Usually offers such as these are pan India. Specific service centres usually cannot run these deals for original iPhone batteries. Please do monitor your phone's battery health.

About the screenshot you shared, it shows $49~INR 4000 with taxes. What am I missing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 4790115)
The 2k deal was on offer till Dec 2018. Usually offers such as these are pan India. Specific service centres usually cannot run these deals for original iPhone batteries. Please do monitor your phone's battery health.

About the screenshot you shared, it shows $49~INR 4000 with taxes. What am I missing?

The snapshot was just for reference that the pricing of 6,6s,7 etc is similar.

And the offer(1999INR) is something which I noticed in February 2020 and hence got the battery changed from Apple authorised service centre. Now it’s pan India or not and how it ‘usually‘ happens I have no idea as I don’t follow such offers actively. It’s only when need arises, I look around. Hope it’s clear now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by INJAXN (Post 4790091)
I have Amazon music app for quite some time now on my XR , I even use it for at least 1 hour during commute, but no heating issues. So in your case it could be something else also.

Thanks, I was thinking to uninstall the app and check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4790098)
When you bought it was winter but now summer has started and from what I heard Kolkata is nice and warm. :)

Ambient temps will cause the phone to run warmer like many electronic devices.

Ah okay, plus ambient temperature means it should get warm even when am in a A/C room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 4790115)
My XR is 11 months old with 90% battery health. I am observing similar heating issues as well. But as Vid mentioned it could be the ambient temperature. Here in Delhi, its gotten quite hot in the past few days. So I think its because of summer settling in.

Thanks. This is some relief.

I got paranoid with the heating issue, as one of my friend who owns an Iphone 8 was facing this heating issue and one fine day the motherboard gave up. Plus his phone was out of warranty. Repairing it costed him a big amount. :(
As mine is still in warranty, I was thinking whether I should visit the service center once the lockdown gets over. So am dropping that idea now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 4790073)
My 3 year old IP7 battery health has dropped to 74% and it needs charging twice a day. Moreover, even the performance of the phone has dropped considerably(seems like a throttling effect). Hence, was looking for a battery change, but I wonder if spending 5.5k just on the battery replacement makes sense; and if it will regain it's lost performance.:confused:

I have similar situation with 3+ yrs IP7 at 75% battery level. However 5.5K INR for 1960 mAh battery seems to be steep. The issue is i want the waterproof feature of the phone to stay intact after the replacement, something which i am not confident while doing aftermarket. Also i lost the tiny washer ring on my sim tray. How much cost does it take to replace that ? I saw a bunch of rings available in bulk from Aliexpress for cheap & was thinking of buying them.

Quote:

The phone is 6.5 months old and the battery is showing 94%.

My 11 is six months old and I since 13.4; I saw two issues:
- battery health dipped; it's now at 94%
- battery didn't last that long
- battery over-heating

13.4.1 has made battery hold on a little longer but over-heating is there, although lesser. Other iPhone users (11/11 Pr/X) users I spoke with are saying the same.

Flaw in iPhone, iPads may have allowed hackers to steal data for years
Quote:

WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) is planning to fix a flaw that a security firm said may have left more than half a billion iPhones vulnerable to hackers.
Quote:

To execute the hack, Avraham said victims would be sent an apparently blank email message through the Mail app forcing a crash and reset. The crash opened the door for hackers to steal other data on the device, such as photos and contact details.
ZecOps claims the vulnerability allowed hackers to remotely steal data off iPhones even if they were running recent versions of iOS. By itself, the flaw could have given access to whatever the Mail app had access to, including confidential messages.
Avraham, a former Israeli Defense Force security researcher, said he suspected that the hacking technique was part of a chain of malicious programs, the rest undiscovered, which could have given an attacker full remote access. Apple declined to comment on that prospect.
Read more: https://in.reuters.com/article/usa-a...-idINKCN2242IH