Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-836.html)

The iPhone service guy suggested I use an app. And as per that I'm very close to losing 'good' performance on the 7.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4715939)
Some more information on battery charging.

I'm facing this issue whenever I try to download photos through icloud app. Earlier this app used to automatically download to predefined folder.

Please help.

The message displayed is :

The iPhone Thread-icloud-photo-library-issue.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 4715925)
Yes, its not on iOS 13 as it cannot be. Its on the latest iOS 12 update though. Peak performance screen says:

When it turns off sometimes it needs the charger to turn back on. Sometimes it used to turn on without the charger. I’ve seen that the battery % remains the same after restart.

:Shockked: revised battery capacity : 82%

If peak performance says your phone has faced unexpected shut downs then it is time to change the battery as it is not able to meet the processor demands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feluda86 (Post 4716456)
If peak performance says your phone has faced unexpected shut downs then it is time to change the battery

It does say so. I’ve ordered an iFIXIT kit.

How much do you guys lose battery overnight when the phone is idle mode (but with data on)?

Guys can anyone help me with how much it costs to replace the battery in US. I have one iPhone 6 and 6s plus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4716657)
How much do you guys lose battery overnight when the phone is idle mode (but with data on)?

About 4-5% on my XR on 13.3 between 10pm-6am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4716657)

About 6-7% on IP7+ with background refresh & battery saver off and phone connected to WiFi all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RohanDheman (Post 4716803)
About 4-5% on my XR on 13.3 between 10pm-6am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4718101)
About 6-7% on IP7+ with background refresh & battery saver off and phone connected to WiFi all the time.

Thank you guys! Losing anything between 6-10% overnight with cellular data on. Seems normal I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 4710643)
iOS 13.3 has been released, using it since morning and seems stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 4711036)
It came with 13.2.3, is it advisable to upgrade to 13.3? Any thoughts please?

iOS 13.3 had fixed the poor battery life, rotation bug, unresponsive keyboard issues for me. But a new more irritating problem has come up. The Wifi gets disconnected randomly. More often while browsing Safari or while using Youtube. Because of the frequent disconnections, I am not doing any financial transactions due to fear of disconnection. Also, after disconnection, I should go into the settings page and pick the wifi, toggling the wifi button on the control center doesn’t help.

Apple software no longer has the quality. Its full of bugs, both small and big issues. Its no longer worth the money we are spending. These software updates solve some issues but then bring up new ones. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp (Post 4718376)
The Wifi gets disconnected randomly.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Give the above a shot, perhaps it will fix your issues. You will have to enter all your network settings again.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

Bought the AirPods Pro from the Apple Store at the Dubai Mall for AED 999 in case anyone from India is making a trip and is interested.

It boils down to INR 19,3xx which is almost six thousand less than the India price of 24,999

For folks residing there the iPhone 8 Plus is being exchanged for AED 2099. Don’t know if that is applicable if the 8 Plus is bought outside the UAE.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp (Post 4718376)
The Wifi gets disconnected randomly.

There is a provision in iOS that whenever WiFi signal gets weak or the WiFi that you are connected to has no internet access, it breaks from the WiFi and switches to Data Connection (if turned on). Can you please pls check for wifi connection as well?

Quote:

There is a provision in iOS that whenever WiFi signal gets weak or the WiFi that you are connected to has no internet access, it breaks from the WiFi and switches to Data Connection (if turned on).

Yes.Under Settings inside Mobile Data> Scroll all the way below your apps to a setting called Wi-Fi Assist .

Secondly inside Wi-Fi, check if Ask to Join Networks is not set to off.

Lastly if nothing works, Reset Network settings and start afresh. If that too doesn't work, try resetting your wi-fi router.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4719449)
Lastly if nothing works, Reset Network settings and start afresh. If that too doesn't work, try resetting your wi-fi router.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4719420)
Can you please pls check for wifi connection as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4718612)
Let us know if this helps.

I had reset the network settings, but it did not work. It was still disconnecting. I did not do anything further. Then from today morning, its working fine. No software updates, no changes to the router, nothing at all! It started working normally.:D