Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:01   #10456
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Did anyone observe this- wifi gets automatically switched on, in iOS 11.

More details here :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...urn-bluetooth/

Feature which is not necessary , I reckon.
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:36   #10457
BHPian

I observed this yesterday and for once thought that it was a bug! Only after reading the remark below the WiFi toggle button on Settings menu, I realized that WiFi only disconnects from the existing network but can't be completely turned off from the control center.

Guess it wasn't enough for Apple to make users go to Settings every time to toggle on/off the GPS. They have also made it cumbersome to operate basic features like WiFi & Bluetooth.

Last edited by k88k : 22nd September 2017 at 14:36. Reason: Formatting.
Old 25th September 2017, 00:03   #10458
Senior - BHPian

I feel my jail broken phone back then was way better with more functional apps and tweaks than the stock iOS 11 running of iPhone 6S 64gigs variant.

Due to compulsion and demand my work and it's system compliance requirement, I had to bog down and remove jailbreak. I'm not sure how many liked the idea of jailbreak but ever since I got into the world of apple back in 2009 with my iPhone 3G, I have always tweaked phone with a lot of apps that enhanced the experience by a marginal extent.

iOS 11 or the new iPhone X isn't a big thing if you ask me and the zeal people had before hasn't been seen with the current apple launches.

Not sure if it's the time or the people to blame here

But I'll always remain as an Apple Fanboy.

Thanks,
Guru (RV)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th September 2017 at 10:54. Reason: Edited for fixing ' in text
Old 25th September 2017, 00:22   #10459
BHPian

As per news articles, it seems the response to the iPhone 8 series is tepid in countries where it has already been launched and most consumers are postponing their purchase for the iPhone X launch.

http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...phone-8-sales/

Being the 10th anniversary iPhone, i would expect it to be a blockbuster success but as always, only time will tell.
Another article mentions that after Russia, India is the second most costliest place to buy the new iPhone X.

http://www.zeebiz.com/technology/new...xpensive-25466
Old 25th September 2017, 08:51   #10460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
All of a sudden iPhone looks like a Windows phone

Still exploring the iOS though.
True. I just hate the new fonts and the bold accents everywhere. A few bugs I have noticed here and there:
  • Doesnt transfer call from phone to car audio system when I pick up call from phone and select audio as 'Car audio'. Not sure if this is to do with my car or the phone. It was working flawlessly earlier
  • Some apps are freezing and crashing
  • Mail crashes if we try to select too many mails and perform actions like Mark as read, Delete etc.
Absence of the task switcher using the left edge of the screen has got too annoying and the home button is getting used excessively. And no, I am not a fan of the assistive touch icon hovering around the screen. However, for now I am using it configured to switch tasks on a hard press.

If only they can fix the sad UI changes over an update, I will be happy. On a positive note, I am not facing any issue with Battery discharge though I have wifi, bluetooth and cellular data on at all times. I havent used battery saver either. This is with Airtel 4G and my 6S is one year old.

Last edited by audioholic : 25th September 2017 at 08:53.
Old 25th September 2017, 09:09   #10461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
  • Doesnt transfer call from phone to car audio system when I pick up call from phone and select audio as 'Car audio'. Not sure if this is to do with my car or the phone. It was working flawlessly earlier...
Guessing that you are talking about this issue while using the Celerio. Suggest you unpair and pair it again. Even I have a Celerio and the calls are getting switched/answered via Bluetooth as they were before the update. No issues.
Old 25th September 2017, 09:29   #10462
BHPian

I noticed few glitches in iOS 11:

1. When you turn your Airplane mode off, your WiFi and Bluetooth comes back on automatically and you have to manually turn them off.

2. 3D touch sometimes doesn't work on Contacts and What's App

3. Sometimes, spotlight search doesn't seems to be fetching Apps.

4. Animations & Transitions , specifically in Mails, opening & closing of applications is not that smooth

I have IP7+ on iOS 11
Old 25th September 2017, 13:45   #10463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I noticed few glitches in iOS 11:

Animations & Transitions , specifically in Mails, opening & closing of applications is not that smooth

I have IP7+ on iOS 11
I am facing the exact problem with the transitions ( left swipes - for "back" action is damn slow ). I just did a "Reset all settings", post which, the transitions seems smoother. I'll wait for a day or two with this and then update.
Old 25th September 2017, 14:30   #10464
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Is there a navigation app in iOS / Android which lets you create a group and enables you to see the group members cars?? Couple of friends are going away on a weekend trip and it would be nice to see each other on the map just to know how far away the others are?

Since we all not starting from same point it's also good to set a route and just monitor each other's cars?

Regards,
Old 25th September 2017, 14:46   #10465
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

Is there a navigation app in iOS / Android which lets you create a group and enables you to see the group members cars?? Couple of friends are going away on a weekend trip and it would be nice to see each other on the map just to know how far away the others are?

Since we all not starting from same point it's also good to set a route and just monitor each other's cars?

Regards,
Three that I know of (all three available on both platforms):

1. Google map -> location sharing,

2. Follow
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foll...123991019?mt=8

3. Glympse
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/glym...330316698?mt=8
Old 25th September 2017, 14:50   #10466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

Is there a navigation app in iOS / Android which lets you create a group and enables you to see the group members cars??
Google Maps location sharing features work very well and should be ideal for you.

https://www.blog.google/products/map...n-google-maps/
Old 26th September 2017, 22:27   #10467
BHPian

Facetime not working, any idea why is this happening?
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1506445048.280445.jpg
Old 26th September 2017, 22:46   #10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Facetime not working, any idea why is this happening?
Attachment 1680155
Same. Even iMessage shows same info. Works with the e-mail ID though. Doesn't work with the number.
Old 26th September 2017, 23:54   #10469
VKS
BHPian

^^ I just checked and there is an update 11.0.1 available for download . It might solve the initial stability issues
Old 27th September 2017, 05:17   #10470
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

I upgraded to 11.0.1 last night and the there are some noticeable interface changes.
The best part I found is we have an option now "Do not disturb while driving".

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks