Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 20:50   #9526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
As per attached article all iPhone 7 to be sold in India are with Qualcomm chip.

I am guessing if Intel units are making there way into Indian market then these are not part of Apple official supply chain for our country and instead imported units.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/how-find-ou...e-modem-700926

I think you are wrong. Only USA and china and one more country gets the Qualcomm based ones. Rest all gets intel based one.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:04   #9527
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I recently bought the iphone7 black 32 Gb one. I was using redmi 3s prime and its going o my mom. Initially I thought i will get the iphone SE but the 64Gb costs 48k in the stores and hence went with 7. The price comes to 53,000 effectively thanks to 7000 cashback by citibank. I had a MTT 6 case and it fits the iphone 7 perfectly except for camera. The case covers the camera. I will make the hole larger to fit the camera
Old 25th October 2016, 14:19   #9528
BHPian

Software version 10.1 is out for the iPhone. Camera hasn't frozen so far and Bluetooth connectivity is faster.
Old 26th October 2016, 11:32   #9529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Software version 10.1 is out for the iPhone. Camera hasn't frozen so far and Bluetooth connectivity is faster.
Even the battery seems to last longer now. Not sure if it's just placebo effect though.
Old 26th October 2016, 11:57   #9530
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to revert back to 9.3.5? Somehow I am not happy with the new interface. There are just too many bugs in the new version. Some that I can remember right now are:

1. When I am doing something and I get an SMS notification, it doesn't hide itself after sometime.
2. On the lock screen, for any notification (mail, SMS, ping, etc) when I try to slide to the right to view them, on most occasions I reach the shortcut screen.
3. On the same lock screen, when I try to slide left to view or clear a notification, I reach the Camera.
4. When I am on a call and the screen is locked, any notification I receive is not displayed on screen. I have to unlock screen and go the particular app to view it.
5. On the home/lock screen, drag down to view the notification list doesn't work in a single attempt on most occasions. I have to do it a few times to be able to drag down.
6. Screen design is poor. When the alarm is blaring, I get a huge Snooze button and minuscule Stop button (which again, doesn't work with a single touch many times).
7. Touch response seems inferior too after the update.

Am I the only one facing such problems?

Edit: I am using a 7 month old 5s, 16gb.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th October 2016 at 12:22. Reason: Added model details
Old 26th October 2016, 12:20   #9531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is there a way to revert back to 9.3.5? Somehow I am not happy with the new interface. There are just too many bugs in the new version. Some that I can remember right now are:

1. When I am doing something and I get an SMS notification, it doesn't hide itself after sometime.
2. On the lock screen, for any notification (mail, SMS, ping, etc) when I try to slide to the right to view them, on most occasions I reach the shortcut screen.
3. On the same lock screen, when I try to slide left to view or clear a notification, I reach the Camera.

Am I the only one facing such problems?
Which model of the iphone is this? Did you do a factory reset and setup your phone as new and tried it?

By the way the new ios 10.1 update has fixed the gps issue for me.
Old 26th October 2016, 12:27   #9532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Which model of the iphone is this? Did you do a factory reset and setup your phone as new and tried it?

By the way the new ios 10.1 update has fixed the gps issue for me.
I use a 5s, 16gb version. I know there are problems if you install the OS over the air directly on the device (I have faced this on my 5 which I used for 3 years). I was advised by Apple Support to install/update using iTunes only for best performance. I have been following this advice since the past 2 years and have never faced any issue.

I was lazy enough to avoid doing a factory reset and restore but I think I might give it a last try.
Old 26th October 2016, 12:29   #9533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I use a 5s, 16gb version. I know there are problems if you install the OS over the air directly on the device (I have faced this on my 5 which I used for 3 years). I was advised by Apple Support to install/update using iTunes only for best performance. I have been following this advice since the past 2 years and have never faced any issue.

I was lazy enough to avoid doing a factory reset and restore but I think I might give it a last try.

Let us know how it goes. i think you cant downgrade an ios version unless you jailbreak your iphone.
Old 28th October 2016, 01:47   #9534
Distinguished - BHPian

Having a weird problem with my 2 weeks old I phone 6s, 16GB. Suppose i put on the camera after a day or so, in the beginning its having a lag of around 15-20 secs! The camera is taking that much time to get on and focus! But after that its working fine. It happens only on the first instance when i try to put it on after a longish gap. Did any one face this issue? My phone is on the latest OS, 10.0.2. I checked this issue on the apple forum too and many have faced this issue but couldn't find a proper solution. Some people told they even got their phone changed from apple service center but still the issue persists and according to few this problem is with a particular batch. Any pointers on this?

Last edited by Samba : 28th October 2016 at 01:57.
Old 28th October 2016, 07:03   #9535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Having a weird problem with my 2 weeks old I phone 6s, 16GB. Suppose i put on the camera after a day or so, in the beginning its having a lag of around 15-20 secs! The camera is taking that much time to get on and focus! But after that its working fine. It happens only on the first instance when i try to put it on after a longish gap. Did any one face this issue? My phone is on the latest OS, 10.0.2. I checked this issue on the apple forum too and many have faced this issue but couldn't find a proper solution. Some people told they even got their phone changed from apple service center but still the issue persists and according to few this problem is with a particular batch. Any pointers on this?
The phone is probably hanging. Might require a reboot/ reinstall of the iOS from scratch. I had this happen briefly some years ago on my 4S and a reboot/ reinstall solved the issue.
Old 28th October 2016, 10:46   #9536
BHPian

Quote:
Try performing a soft reset, may be a small software glitch which will go away in soft reset.
Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
Old 28th October 2016, 12:55   #9537
BHPian

Quote:
My phone is on the latest OS, 10.0.2.

The latest OS is 10.1, try updating your phone or else format and restore. My iPhone 5c had hanging issues post 10.0.2 update. Everything is fine post formatting and restoring the phone and 10.1 update.
Old 28th October 2016, 13:02   #9538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The camera is taking that much time to get on and focus! But after that its working fine.
===My phone is on the latest OS, 10.0.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
The latest OS is 10.1, try updating your phone.
The solution is to update to 10.1 which specifically addresses the issue as per the release note of the OS. Update to the same and do check.
Old 28th October 2016, 21:41   #9539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The phone is probably hanging. Might require a reboot/ reinstall of the iOS from scratch. I had this happen briefly some years ago on my 4S and a reboot/ reinstall solved the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Try performing a soft reset, may be a small software glitch which will go away in soft reset.
Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
The latest OS is 10.1, try updating your phone or else format and restore. My iPhone 5c had hanging issues post 10.0.2 update. Everything is fine post formatting and restoring the phone and 10.1 update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The solution is to update to 10.1 which specifically addresses the issue as per the release note of the OS. Update to the same and do check.
Just completed updating my os to 10.1. Seems the problem is solved! Hope it do not reoccur after a day or so! As of now its working fine.

Thanks everyone.
Old 28th October 2016, 22:18   #9540
BHPian

Anyone experienced syncing issues with win 10 upgrade? Ever since I went for the free upgrade, unable to sync my iPhone with iTunes. I tried all sort of fixes in the internet but in vain. Anyone else in my boat here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks