Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:54   #9331
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would be ready to pay the balance amount, I hope my request for the SE would be entertained.
Not sure about this part. I requested to replace my space grey 6 with a silver one, however they said it's impossible to do that. I didn't push it though as it was not mandatory for me.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:26   #9332
BHPian

Quote:
I would be ready to pay the balance amount, I hope my request for the SE would be entertained.

They will not do that. I had requested an upgrade from 16 to 64gb, same color. They said that apple sanctions the replacement from their end and it is not possible to make any changes or upgrades.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:28   #9333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
My Iphone6 Plus screen got cracked yesterday, What will be the best option to get this repaired if someone can suggest.
I have changed iPhone 4 and 5s screens recently in the mobile market with aftermarket spares. Works well.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:55   #9334
Distinguished - BHPian

After upgrade to iOS 10, I am facing issues with Whatsapp. The keyboard hangs sometimes when I try to reply to messages from the Lock screen. At other times, the message only accepts single line answer. I can't press Enter to send a lengthy message.

Another problem I face is when sliding notifications on the Lock screen, to View or Clear, many a times the phone opens the Camera.

Overall, I don't find any benefit from 10. I was happier with iOS 9.x.x. It was fuss free and worked like a charm. There were no ambiguous situations (like getting Camera when trying to view a notification). I feel that the battery life has definitely increased which is more than welcome.

PS: I use a 6 month old 5s 16gb.
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:01   #9335
BHPian

Quote:
Would be going to Apple Care in a day or two to see as to what they do with my screen which pops out a bit from RH at the top. If pressed it goes in, but comes back again. Has never been dropped and is yet to complete an year.

Would look forward to get the 5SE in space grey.

I think I have the same issue with my phone but it happens very rarely.
I feel the right side lower edge clicking back into place sometimes when I press it.
Problem here is that how do I reproduce this issue to the Apple care people?
The warranty on my iPhone 6 is about to end in first week of October.
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:15   #9336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Post iOS 10 update(s), can any 6 Plus owner confirm that he/she is experiencing random Wi-Fi signal loss?

I keep losing Wi-Fi, even when my phone is placed very near to the router most of the time I am home.

Either it randomly comes back on (with all WhatsApp/Telegram/Facebook alerts hitting my phone one after the other in a cascading effect), or I have to switch off/switch on the Wi-Fi button in Settings.

Software update problem, or I am experiencing a hardware problem related to Wi-Fi?
I'm facing the same problem. I thought it was an issue with the Router.
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:30   #9337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have a iPhone 5S, which is a work supplied phone. We have been given explicit orders from our IT infrastructure team that test devices on iOS 10 have wifi issues when connecting with our office wifi network, and for that reason all team members are to avoid updating iOS devices to iOS10.
Looks like the first version of iOS10 has it's fair share of bugs.

Another thing I am noticing is random call drops. At first I thought it was the network (Idea) but the same SIM fitted in my Galaxy A7 is working just fine.

Haven't tried to experiment with my Jio SIMs yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I'm facing the same problem. I thought it was an issue with the Router.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Now that you mention it, my 6S has been acting the same way. Did not notice it the whole of last week since I was extremely busy. I'm equally worried now. Let me know if you come up with a solution.
I tried removing and re-adding my Wi-Fi network, and it still didn't work.

The "cascading effect" of the notifications is becoming a real pain now, specially when there are a TON of messages pending to be updated when the Wi-Fi signal is lost/regained.

Not surprisingly, I prefer to keep my 6 Plus on Silent mode most of the time these days.
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:45   #9338
Team-BHP Support

Got the new 7 plus today at Chandigarh. Apparently there is easy availabilty in the grey market this time except for black colour. Since mine 6 was damaged yesterday, didn't waited for the black or official launch. By initial impressions, there is not much difference in overall feel, just a bit faster. I doubt if 6S users are going to even feel performance difference at all.
Old 24th September 2016, 18:58   #9339
BHPian

I need to get a SE 64gb. Very moderate usage (maybe a bit of whatsapp and seeing photos and videos)and not tech savvy to keep clearing memory in a 16gb.
Have a 6 and 6s at home but a smaller phone is much more suitable for the family member( first time smartphone user, he'll use his flip phone for most of his calls. Never used sms till now). He liked iPhone's design ( 6/6s) but wants something to fit his pocket, they were too large.
Now SE is around 45k here and 30k(450 USD) in USA. Am tempted to save 15k, haven't seen an apple product fail in a year except for physical damage.
Is it a good idea to source from US? Do I need to check any specific version( read something about bands but I don't understand).
Only reason for choosing SE over 5s is that latter doesn't support jio 4G ( I saw list on their website). Please advise.
Old 25th September 2016, 17:52   #9340
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded to iOS 10 on my iPhone 5S 16GB. Not bad at all. In fact I was worried about the huge size (1GB) at first and the download failed I think thrice for want of space but once it went through, it's been happy sailing. Especially like the white texts and notifications as opposed to black earlier. Also found it easier to enter OTP while making in-app purchases, e.g. Uber.

Emoticons look nicer too. Whatsapp seems to have got a predictive smiley feature now which is a neat party trick.

Must say these OS upgrades make having an ancient phone (2 years? WOW! is the response I usually get) bearable.
Old 25th September 2016, 19:10   #9341
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded to iOS10 too on my iPhone 6.
Love all the features on this.

The one BIG thing i dislike is the way we now need to unlock the phone. Earlier, just keep the Thumb and it unlocks. With the iOS 10, we need to place the thumb and then, press the Home button as an additional step. Wonder why they made it this way!
Old 25th September 2016, 19:15   #9342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I upgraded to iOS10 too on my iPhone 6.
Love all the features on this.

The one BIG thing i dislike is the way we now need to unlock the phone. Earlier, just keep the Thumb and it unlocks. With the iOS 10, we need to place the thumb and then, press the Home button as an additional step. Wonder why they made it this way!
Theres a reason for this, see http://www.howtogeek.com/262837/how-...like-in-ios-9/

You can revert to the ios9 way if you like in the settings

Settings General Accessibility Home Button

In the Home Button menu you’ll find an entry, turned off by default in iOS 10, labeled “Rest Finger to Unlock”. Turn it back on for ios9 behavior.
Old 25th September 2016, 19:22   #9343
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Suresh !. This Worked and i now have reset to the older way of unlocking my phone.
Old 25th September 2016, 20:20   #9344
Team-BHP Support

iOS 10.0.2 was automatically downloaded; installing it now.

Hope it resolves some issues users have been having; Avi's wifi issue for instance.
Old 25th September 2016, 22:17   #9345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Now SE is around 45k here and 30k(450 USD) in USA. Am tempted to save 15k, haven't seen an apple product fail in a year except for physical damage.
Is it a good idea to source from US? Do I need to check any specific version( read something about bands but I don't understand).
In that case you can also consider buying from Singapore. I bought iPhone 6 64GB from Singapore last year for 40k and it works perfectly here. With US phone, you will have to consider locked / unlocked version and band issue, if any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks