Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 07:55   #7981
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few friends have the 5S and no issues with them and considering the savings over the current model, it makes sense IMHO.
I don't have any issues with 5S as such, and still use it as my work phone. But for me it lacks when compared side-by-side with the 6. And also I find the size of the latter optimum for typing using the standard keypad.
Old 24th September 2015, 08:21   #7982
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
But for me it lacks when compared side-by-side with the 6. And also I find the size of the latter optimum for typing using the standard keypad.
Agree on all counts, especially the hardware of 6S and size. The 6's size is perfect. But I somehow haven't warmed up to its looks, neither from back nor from side/corners.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:11   #7983
BHPian

For some with large hands the 6 plus is a blessing. I used the 4 for around 5 years, 5s for 4 months and 6 plus for the past 5 months. Wonder how I managed with the 4 for so long. May be the cause of the aches in my wrists and other carpel tunnel syndrome issues that I am afflicted with!
Old 24th September 2015, 11:33   #7984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Can you pls confirm that this is true? I was contemplating an iPhone 6S from the US and if it is not going to work with Airtel 4G, it is a deal breaker
I guess the iPhone 6s should be fine , it supports multiple LTE bands now . Airtel 4g runs TDE LTE 40/39 band which was not supported by iPhone5s which were brought from US . iPhone 6s works in multiple bands and it should work but do please check with others.
Old 24th September 2015, 11:39   #7985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
If you haven't solved the problem already do call the apple customer support. They are quite helpful and will surely guide you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I updated from phone itself. But it was laggy after upgrade. I immediately reset everything. Not used to see lag on iDevices. Same was the case with my iPad air. Laggy and was overheating. Reset fixed that as well. However, my wife's iPhone 6 is facing horrible battery drain after the update. Even reset didn't help in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Am having a 5S with ios 9 on it. It was laggy after the upgrade. Then I did a complete reset and set it up as a new phone. Its smooth as before now.
Sorry for the noob question guys but how do you reset it ? Do we lose all data after that ?
Old 24th September 2015, 12:00   #7986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Sorry for the noob question guys but how do you reset it ? Do we lose all data after that ?
Yes you do a complete restore of your phone and update it to new version of iOS 9 . Unless you have your phone synced with your computer you lose data .
Old 24th September 2015, 12:09   #7987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
I normally do a full back up in iTunes before trying.
Otherwise you can sync all apps to iTunes.
Then I erase all contents and settings from Settings --> General --> Reset.
If the problem is resolved, I try installing apps one by one.
My photos are synced to iCloud, so they will be safe.

On a different subject, wife's iPhone 6 was sent to service center because of battery drain (it drains around 6-7% per hour even in airplane mode). They confirmed some hardware issues and will replace the whole phone with a new one.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 24th September 2015 at 12:11.
Old 24th September 2015, 21:26   #7988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I guess the iPhone 6s should be fine

My ip 6 plus is from the US and work fine with Airtel LTE
Old 24th September 2015, 22:06   #7989
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my iPhone 6 for the second time under warranty in the last 11 months . This time it was for a problematic mute switch .

Also , bought the APP ( Apple Protection Plan ) extended warranty for 12 more months for 3.9K INR .
Old 24th September 2015, 22:25   #7990
BHPian

Who all are using personal wi-fi hotspot in their iPhones ? Do you have the problem of hotspot not being seen in the settings?
Old 24th September 2015, 22:54   #7991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
Who all are using personal wi-fi hotspot in their iPhones ? Do you have the problem of hotspot not being seen in the settings?

What is the exact problem you are facing? No personal hotspot menu in settings?
Old 24th September 2015, 23:03   #7992
Senior - BHPian

Found this interesting.
Old 25th September 2015, 05:06   #7993
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You need to be a bit more specific, on what exactly is the issue you are facing. Also, more details on the iOS version, and when the issue started etc would help suggest solutions better.
Old 25th September 2015, 07:45   #7994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
What is the exact problem you are facing? No personal hotspot menu in settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You need to be a bit more specific, on what exactly is the issue you are facing. Also, more details on the iOS version, and when the issue started etc would help suggest solutions better.

I am not seeing personal hot spot option in the setting. I am using iOS 9 in iPhone 6. Don't know exactly when the problem started, as there was no need for wi fi hot spot till now and I didn't notice. Tried resetting and all without result. Is your phone showing "personal wi fi hot spot " under setting?
Old 25th September 2015, 08:56   #7995
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not seeing personal hot spot option in the setting. I am using iOS 9 in iPhone 6. Don't know exactly when the problem started, as there was no need for wi fi hot spot till now and I didn't notice. Tried resetting and all without result. Is your phone showing "personal wi fi hot spot " under setting?
I use an iPhone5S which is running iOS9 at the moment, and i get the option to turn on 'Personal hotspot'.

The iPhone Thread-img_8961.png

Just to check, do you get an option in Settings called 'Mobile' or 'Carrier' ?
If yes, can you check for the following option where you can activate Personal Hotspot?

The iPhone Thread-img_8962.png

If no, then its quite possible your mobile carrier has not activated this option against your account(yes, that happens). You may need to check with them possibly.

Most Viewed