Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 15:03   #7426
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
There is no cash back applicable on iPhone 6. Offer is valid for only 5S and lower models. Also iPhone 6 is listed at a whopping 55k on Paytm
Think they discontinued the offer on the 6 coz my cousin bought a 6 from Paytm. It's still there on the 6+ though. 9k off.

The iPhone Thread-image.jpg
Old 1st December 2014, 18:41   #7427
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,
I got my iPhone 6 64GB Silver in Hyderabad from Reliance Digital. It was a cold call from my end and Lo, they called me back saying a silver one was available. I went and picked it up in an hour! The 6 is amazing and the screen size is superbly comfortable. Battery and speed is cool. The best part is the size and weight of the phone is to be experienced, than said!!! My 5S is resting now!!
Old 1st December 2014, 19:34   #7428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
If I can contribute here, better to buy a 6 or 6+ from the iOS/Android app Paytm. Apply coupon code A9K. You get 9,000 cash back (cash back can be used to pay utility bills). Effective price ₹53,500-₹9,000=₹44,500 with Peace of mind Indian Warranty. My two cents.
Thanks for this tip, just picked up an iPhone 6+ 64 GB on PayTM for 62500! My faithful servant iPhone4 is finally giving up after almost 4 years, display has black spots.
Old 1st December 2014, 20:46   #7429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Think they discontinued the offer on the 6 coz my cousin bought a 6 from Paytm. It's still there on the 6+ though. 9k off.

Attachment 1314289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Thanks for this tip, just picked up an iPhone 6+ 64 GB on PayTM for 62500! My faithful servant iPhone4 is finally giving up after almost 4 years, display has black spots.
Can anyone explain how this works? When do I get the cash back. As someone mentioned I can use it for paying utility bills. Does that mean I dont get 'cash' back?
Old 1st December 2014, 20:56   #7430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can anyone explain how this works? When do I get the cash back. As someone mentioned I can use it for paying utility bills. Does that mean I dont get 'cash' back?
Yes, PayTM will credit your 'wallet' on their site with Rs 9000 which you can use to pay utility/mobile bills or make other purchases. So its more like a credit, not cash back.
Old 1st December 2014, 21:07   #7431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, PayTM will credit your 'wallet' on their site with Rs 9000 which you can use to pay utility/mobile bills or make other purchases. So its more like a credit, not cash back.
I dont think it will be of much help for me as both BSNL and West Bengal state electricity board are not listed there.
Old 1st December 2014, 21:13   #7432
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think it will be of much help for me as both BSNL and West Bengal state electricity board are not listed there.
Paytm is used at many places now. So, you could probably offer seem friend to use this credit and give you hard cash?
Old 1st December 2014, 21:13   #7433
BHPian

Quote:
They have got a large shopping site! Just check the site out, you can spend 9k comfortably on things you will want in the next few months, if not utilities.
Old 1st December 2014, 21:38   #7434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Paytm is used at many places now. So, you could probably offer seem friend to use this credit and give you hard cash?
Quote:
They have got a large shopping site! Just check the site out, you can spend 9k comfortably on things you will want in the next few months, if not utilities.
Thats too much of a hassle. Moreover, they dont have any good offer on the IPhone 6. I think I will go the USA way. Have to find someone who is heading back to India from USA.
Old 3rd December 2014, 04:22   #7435
Senior - BHPian

Got my iPhone 6 today from a friend who was coming from usa. Cost was 44k as I got a 16gb unlocked gold.

Shifted from a htc one m7 and things are really smooth so far. All the apps seem much better optimized for iOS. Loving the build quality and butter smooth performance.
Old 3rd December 2014, 05:32   #7436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Got my iPhone 6 today from a friend who was coming from usa. Cost was 44k as I got a 16gb unlocked gold.

Shifted from a htc one m7 and things are really smooth so far. All the apps seem much better optimized for iOS. Loving the build quality and butter smooth performance.

Iphone is probably the best and smoothest experience you can get in the market today. All the best !!
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:41   #7437
BHPian

I did buy the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Gold from Paytm and got the 9K Cashback.
I would suggest going for the seller Mobile Planet on paytm as I bought from him and he was quick in shipping the product.
It is not real hard cash that you get in bank account. It is wallet balance. There is no way to transfer that wallet balance of 9K to your bank account either (there used to be a way before).
You can use the cashback obtained in your paytm account for things like paying your recharge or postpaid or DTH bills, Electricity bills if your provider is listed, shop on Paytm itself (sometimes overpriced due to cashback offers).
You can also use the paytm balance to shop on various websites like bookmyshow, healthkart, homeshop18 and such.
If you don't see yourself using the cash then you can insist your friend that you will pay his bill and he can give you cash in return.
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:43   #7438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Iphone is probably the best and smoothest experience you can get in the market today. All the best !!

Though I'd agree if you compare it to android till ics, the android architecture is changed from lollipop onwards to make the experience as smooth as possible with better memory management etc. So, hopefully android phones will not require huge RAMs to run anymore, and UI should be way smoother now. Let's see.
Old 3rd December 2014, 23:56   #7439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I did buy the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Gold from Paytm and got the 9K Cashback.
I would suggest going for the seller Mobile Planet on paytm as I bought from him and he was quick in shipping the product.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Today the Cashback has been reduced to 6K for all the Models of iPhone 6 as well as 6 Plus.
Old 6th December 2014, 10:01   #7440
BHPian

Got myself a new iPhone 5 (not 5c or 5s)

Should I update to 8.1 or not. Advice pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks