Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 17:02   #6946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
didn't have another i-device, so called up my sister to track it, but it was already switched off.
Sorry about the loss and your ruined weekend. Feel the pain. If it helps you next time or anyone trying to track an idevice from Android, there is a little app that works called Find iDevices [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.idevicesync] /URL].
Old 19th August 2014, 17:34   #6947
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Have placed the order on Amazon.
just an update - got the phone (iPhone 5S Gold 16GB) delivered this morning (had opted next day delivery) and it was a sealed piece. setup the phone in the next 30mins and it was good to go!

i placed the order on Amazon coz i had read reviews on Flipkart about how the box piece was open, duplicate ear phones and damaged phone etc etc. was relieved to find no such issue with my order with Amazon
Old 19th August 2014, 17:39   #6948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just an update - got the phone (iPhone 5S Gold 16GB) delivered this morning (had opted next day delivery) and it was a sealed piece. setup the phone in the next 30mins and it was good to go!

i placed the order on Amazon coz i had read reviews on Flipkart about how the box piece was open, duplicate ear phones and damaged phone etc etc. was relieved to find no such issue with my order with Amazon
But i thought you recently moved to Android and were supposed to come back to iOS only when Iphone7 was launched .
Old 19th August 2014, 19:25   #6949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Sorry about the loss and your ruined weekend. Feel the pain. If it helps you next time or anyone trying to track an idevice from Android, there is a little app that works called Find iDevices [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.idevicesync].
thanks mate. i had used an app called Find my iPhone free via iCloud, but it couldn't help locate the device. maybe because it was switched off by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But i thought you recently moved to Android and were supposed to come back to iOS only when Iphone7 was launched .
arre baba, i'm still with Android (Note 3). the iPhone was for my wife

Last edited by IronH4WK : 19th August 2014 at 19:28.
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:52   #6950
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally taking the plunge to touchscreen devices! Yup, proudly announce my arrival in this thread. Just ordered an iPhone 4s, for my wife. iPhone 5 was beyond my budget and I am quite happy with the features & specs of 4s and the size is just perfect. Should gel well with my Macbook too.

However, need some suggestions from you iPhone gurus:

1. The pre-loaded OS will be IOS 5. Is it recommended to upgrade? If yes, to which version and sure thing that 4s was not originally made to handle IOS 7, what would be my trade-offs in upgrading?

2. Please let me know of some applications which one cannot do without. I know only one such app - TBHP app!

3. Other tips & tricks from you experienced users are most welcome so as I make a smooth transition.

Thanks!

Saket
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:49   #6951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Finally taking the plunge to touchscreen devices! Yup, proudly announce my arrival in this thread. Just ordered an iPhone 4s, for my wife. iPhone 5 was beyond my budget and I am quite happy with the features & specs of 4s and the size is just perfect. Should gel well with my Macbook too.

However, need some suggestions from you iPhone gurus:

1. The pre-loaded OS will be IOS 5. Is it recommended to upgrade? If yes, to which version and sure thing that 4s was not originally made to handle IOS 7, what would be my trade-offs in upgrading?

2. Please let me know of some applications which one cannot do without. I know only one such app - TBHP app!

3. Other tips & tricks from you experienced users are most welcome so as I make a smooth transition.

Thanks!

Saket
No your 4S will not come with ios 5. It will come with ios 7 pre installed. And ios 7 runs smoothly on iPhone 4S. There were some lag issues in iPhone 4. So don't worry. There will be no lag issues in your iPhone 4S. Congrats on your purchase. You will love IOS.
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:04   #6952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
No your 4S will not come with ios 5. It will come with ios 7 pre installed. And ios 7 runs smoothly on iPhone 4S.
Is it so? I thought otherwise. Would be grateful if you could point out few good applications for the phone.

Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:28   #6953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
No your 4S will not come with ios 5. It will come with ios 7 pre installed. And ios 7 runs smoothly on iPhone 4S. There were some lag issues in iPhone 4. So don't worry. There will be no lag issues in your iPhone 4S. Congrats on your purchase. You will love IOS.
I used my colleagues iPhone 4S last week running on latest update from iOS7, to me it felt the phone was performing relatively slow, when I say slow not how fast it was while on iOS 6. But then this my experience from usage of less than 15 minutes with the phone or may be it felt slow because I'm used of my iPhone 5.
Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:19   #6954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I used my colleagues iPhone 4S last week running on latest update from iOS7, to me it felt the phone was performing relatively slow, when I say slow not how fast it was while on iOS 6. But then this my experience from usage of less than 15 minutes with the phone or may be it felt slow because I'm used of my iPhone 5.
Cheers!
Is your iPhone jailbroken? Cause there is an add on 'Noslowanimations'. Have it on the iPad. Makes the animations so much faster. My wife has an iPhone 4s, and iOS 7 works really fluid and smooth on that. Obviously, there is a difference while opening apps on the 5s compared to the 4s, but for a first time user it should still be pretty fast. Although I recommend Saket not to even touch iOS 8 (learnt my lesson from iPhone 4 on iOS 7). That update will destroy it, but if you really want it, wait for a couple of weeks and then you will know about the performance on iOS 8.
Old 24th August 2014, 08:23   #6955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Is your iPhone jailbroken? Cause there is an add on 'Noslowanimations'. Have it on the iPad. Makes the animations so much faster. My wife has an iPhone 4s, and iOS 7 works really fluid and smooth on that.

Nope my colleagues phone isn't a jail broken one, in fact I was with him during the purchase at imagine. Moreover as I mentioned on my previous post the slow response may be with my eyes since I'm used to my iPhone 5. The easiest way to identify this is just close the contacts and reopen it, in my colleagues phone it was easily taking almost 2 second to appear all contents.
Cheers!
Old 25th August 2014, 10:09   #6956
BHPian

Quote:

it is a big racket there and from few acquaintances out there i learnt that the local police is also involved. when we went to lodge a complaint at the nearest police station (Grand Bazaar), they refused to even lodge a complaint!
Sad!

Recently a close friend of mine had to undergo the same pain of loosing his iphone, he was pick-pocketed. He did all that was possible including lodging a police complaint, "find my.." etc etc. All to no avail.

Less than a month later the phone came online (based on the IMEI tracking) & it was in China! Just goes to show that all "professionals" are now thinking global.

Precaution is the only way!
Old 25th August 2014, 14:27   #6957
BHPian

Apple is replacing batteries for free on the Iphone 5, manufactured between Sep 2012 to jan 2013.
https://ssl.apple.com/br/support/iphone5-battery/
Old 25th August 2014, 14:32   #6958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Apple is replacing batteries for free on the Iphone 5, manufactured between Sep 2012 to jan 2013.
https://ssl.apple.com/br/support/iphone5-battery/
Not for all.
My phone is from the same time slot,but not covered under recall.
Not facing any problem either.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:22   #6959
BHPian

Mine is from the same slot as well, but no upgrade for me either. Mine was from Singapore, so maybe it will take some time to add the other countries?

Anyway have they started reparing Iphones in India? I thought it was only replacement.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:31   #6960
BHPian

Guys bought my second 5s... But a 32gb this time! Had a 16gb 5s in June but exchanged it within 6 days for an amber gold htc m8, was using the nexus 5 for the past 1 month but nothing was cutting it for me... Had to go back!
Feels like i am back home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks