Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-359.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recompose (Post 2947004)
The price of the 16GB variant of Apple iPhone 4S is currently at Rs 38,500.
I think its unlikely the prices will be slashed again once the 5 launches, given that the prices have been slashed twice already (44500->41500->38500).

Times of India link

You are right about 38,500/- price. However, I was told by the Apple store person that they are expecting even further reduction after IP5 is actually available off the shelf. This 38.5k price tag is for a while. Hope he is right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2947009)
You are right about 38,500/- price. However, I was told by the Apple store person that they are expecting even further reduction after IP5 is actually available off the shelf. This 38.5k price tag is for a while. Hope he is right.

When iPhone 4 was launched in India, it was already a 1 year old phone in US. In India it was launched at a price starting 35,000. Looking at this trend IMO iPhone 4S should also see a price reduction around the same figures once iPhone 5 is launched in India!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu

for iPhone 5 white to be collected at UB city on 2nd. 45500/- is the price. m.

Is this price for 16GB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2947337)
Is this price for 16GB?

Yes. Priced on par with the 4S 16GB on Airtel Shop. A shocker pricing indeed :Shockked:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1117
Size:  177.6 KB

Airtel Shop

Good pricing no doubt. But why I dont like I 5 is the fact that all the connectors etc are different from 4S and hence, wont fit on my sound dock and one has to use different chargers etc etc.
Irritating.

Hence Ive ordered 4S 32GB off the TRADUS site for 43500/-. Will get it in another week or so I think.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 2947365)
Yes. Priced on par with the 4S 16GB on Airtel Shop. A shocker pricing indeed :Shockked:

Attachment 1007688

Airtel Shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 2945706)
I was told by the Airtel staff that the nano SIM's will be out this week. I hope they have made adequate arrangement's for these nano SIM's, just hope we don't end up with the phones in hand but wouldn't be able to use it because there are no nano SIM's around!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 2945328)
Now have to contact Airtel to arrange for the nano sim. Already I have a chopped regular sim to micro sim, don't want to risk another chop job. Moreover it's almost a decade old sim.

FYI - All retailers (airtel shops & third party) have the nano sims - all three operators. Just got myself an airtel prepaid sim over the weekend. As for the micro sim, even the golden part is slightly bigger than the nano sim, so wouldn't recommend the chopping option.

Works perfectly fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinjosep (Post 2945452)
To all those who are going in for iP5. Better put on some protective gear the moment you take the phone out of its wraps. I'm talking with the anodised portion in mind.

Sorry for a naive question - which part is the anodised portion? :)
Anyway, have ordered for a gadgetshieldz full body skin for the phone.

Another naive question (pardon a newbie apple fellow here) - how does one figure if the phone is locked/unlocked? I'm able to use the Airtel sim without any issues.

Quote:

Another naive question (pardon a newbie apple fellow here) - how does one figure if the phone is locked/unlocked? I'm able to use the Airtel sim without any issues.
If you are able to see Airtel logo and you are able to make and receive phone calls without any issues then your phone is unlocked.

One more way to check is change the sim to vodafone or some other provider and then also in unlocked phone you should be able to make and recieve calls.

On a side note I have ordered iphone5 with At&t :).
Though the phone costs only 199$ but the cheapest plan is 70$ per month and 2 year committment. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 2947555)
FYI - All retailers (airtel shops & third party) have the nano sims - all three operators. Just got myself an airtel prepaid sim over the weekend. As for the micro sim, even the golden part is slightly bigger than the nano sim, so wouldn't recommend the chopping option..

Will be going to store today to check since the customer care has no worthwhile info.

As far as cutting the gold/terminal part, its ok since what matters sits in the center and a lil bit off the terminal doesnt make a difference. When i cut the original SIM i had to chop off lil bit of metal part. Now since this is very old SIM am not sure it will survive one more chop, but if you have one of the newer sim with smaller contacts you can definitely chop it to nano sim :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 2947563)
If you are able to see Airtel logo and you are able to make and receive phone calls without any issues then your phone is unlocked.

Thanks. A friend also mentioned connecting the phone to iTunes should be a confirmation of the same. But I guess this should do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 2947651)
As far as cutting the gold/terminal part, its ok since what matters sits in the center and a lil bit off the terminal doesnt make a difference. When i cut the original SIM i had to chop off lil bit of metal part. Now since this is very old SIM am not sure it will survive one more chop, but if you have one of the newer sim with smaller contacts you can definitely chop it to nano sim :)

Oh, is that so. Then let me rephrase my previous post. The shop keeper used an instrument (looks like a stapler) to cut one of the new sims that had a smaller (gold) area as compared to micro sims. He told me these are "nano" sims - I believed him thinking the smaller contact area must be for nano-sim dimensions only.

Anyway the sim works, and fits perfectly in the phone. I'm happy with that solution. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 2947676)
Thanks.
====
Anyway the sim works, and fits perfectly in the phone. I'm happy with that solution. :)

Yup those are called SIM cutters, i picked up one for iPhone 4, to convert regular SIM to Micro sim. Now they have for nano sim also :)

Micro sim one costed me about 700 bucks from ebay.

People going for iPhone 5 and even existing owners of iPhone 4S, here's an useful and innovative phone case for you.

http://ready-case.com/

Watch the demo video.

Airtel has launched the iphone5 here starting at 45k rupees.

http://www.thepunditreport.com/2012/...one-5-now.html

Just got a call from Airtel asking me if i would like to place an order for nano sim, have confirmed the same and the executive has informed that it will be delivered to me soon. This is a relief, meanwhile the case which i ordered yesterday was also delivered.

Mighty impressed with dailyobjects.com !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 2948156)
Mighty impressed with dailyobjects.com !

Great! You had to share this website, didn't you! Now I am going to splurge on this website for sure. :deadhorse

Btw I just bought a case skin from gadgetshieldz. Anyone tried this product before?

I got my iphone 4S delivered today. No problem with the delivery etc. Sealed package. Import from the US.

Rs 43500/- all inclusive.

Kept getting status reports from Tradus.in from the seller ibhejo. All in all a good experience.

Managed to sync all contacts through phonecopy.com

Am yet unable for some reason to set up the wi fi because I cannot type anything into the settings page under network. It refuses to sync onmy other apple devices via bluetooth too. Maybe I am doing something wrong here!

However, it is a delicious machine and I have immediately placed those screen protectors and rear side protectors on it. Also invested in a good quality hard case or holder for it.

Am very pleased with it largely because the touch interface is fantastic compared with the N8 and I am finally on the apple eco system entirely!