Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-257.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2591192)
When did navfree come in the android market? You said you used it on the S2.

I have been using it since the last 15 days.....was using it..now uninstalled :D.

Totally useless - it never was able to calculate a route to anywhere. :(

Hey guys, is there a way in iOS 5 or any free app available that would help me password protect a folder in Photo Gallery ?

Just got my iphone 4s.

Someone tell me how to switch off the damn 3G which is sucking my balance.

Please reply quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I have been using it since the last 15 days.....was using it..now uninstalled :D.

Totally useless - it never was able to calculate a route to anywhere. :(

Mine calculates routes effortlessly and best part is you can google locations for eg. A particular restaurant, which you cant do on waze.

But i used it on iOS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2591734)
Just got my iphone 4s.

Please reply quick.

The 4S on iOS 5 has no way to turn off the 3G currently. Only thing you can do is turn of cellular data completely.

Quote:

Just got my iphone 4s.

Please reply quick.

Only way out is to get 3G deactivated :Frustrati on that SIM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar3dev|l
Hey guys, is there a way in iOS 5 or any free app available that would help me password protect a folder in Photo Gallery ?

Nope, I have never come across a software that locks a particular folder in iOS. It will be good to learn more; anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay

Thanks, yea so basically its 3g or no data connection at all. So frustrating that we cant use 2g even for voice as 2g has better connectivity

Quote:

Mine calculates routes effortlessly and best part is you can google locations for eg. A particular restaurant, which you cant do on waze.

But i used it on iOS.

I am trying to use it on the iphone4 - nothing, zilch !

Quote:

... Someone tell me how to switch off the damn 3G ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 2591886)
The 4S on iOS 5 has no way to turn off the 3G currently. ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2591936)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2592004)
... so basically its 3g or no data connection at all. ...

Doesn't this work on 4S????
Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G -> Off!
Cellular Data > On
Can't be THAT backward-incompatible, considering cellphone signal attenuation inside buildings is a universal phenomenon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte

Doesn't this work on 4S????
Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G -> Off!
Cellular Data > On
Can't be THAT backward-incompatible, considering cellphone signal attenuation inside buildings is a universal phenomenon!

You see this enable 3g option is missing from the 4s menu. It is there in 4 and 3gs.

I have someone who is coming from U.S.should i ask him to get me a 4s from there?an unlocked one costs around 33000/ rs.What would I loose?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drchernish
I have someone who is coming from U.S.should i ask him to get me a 4s from there?an unlocked one costs around 33000/ rs.What would I loose?

You're pretty much on your own in India Then, you do not get any warranty from apple in India if you buy the iphone from the US. They wont even touch your handset if something goes wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar3dev|l (Post 2591581)

You can find lockdown in Cydia or itune. try it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar3dev|l

There is an app called My Folder in app store. Once downloaded, you have to move the pics to this app from your photo folder and it is password protected. More, if you have iPhone 4 or later, it captures photo of the person when incorrect password is keyed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2592311)
You're pretty much on your own in India Then, you do not get any warranty from apple in India if you buy the iphone from the US. They wont even touch your handset if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply,one more thing,the warranty i believe is for one year,after that they will service it on paid basis or they even refuse to touch it as quoted by you(for that matter in warranty period will they repair it on paid basis?).