Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-245.html)

Today Early Morning i have updated my iPhone4 with iOS 5clap:
Everything is working fine.
We need iTunes 10.5 before upgrading to iOS 5.
First it took a Backup and then installed iOS 5 in Factory Settings, Once Firmware was uploaded, it did the restoration with backup takem earlier.

Notification is nice. But i am unable to find the Camera Button in the Lock Screen as mentioned in Apple Site.

A lot of features (200 appropriately) to be identified and it takes times.

EDIT:
Found it.
"double tap the home button you will see a camera icon next to the slide to unlock bar."

^^ Just double tap the home button at the lock screen. You should get two options. One for the iPod up on top and another for the Camera just beside the "Slide to Unlock" option. The slide to unlock option goes smaller and a Camera icon appears beside it.

Upgraded to iOS 5 this morning. Pretty nice I must say. iCloud and Wi-Fi Sync are awesome! The 5 GB of free data with iCloud should be decent enough space for most people.

Keen to know..!
Anybody did the update to iOS 5 with a Gevey inside?
( it seems not yet possible :-( )

Thanks! I was wondering where the camera button was in standby!

I find iMessage to be quite nice, but anyone saying it's a BBM killer is wrong. One of the best parts of BBM is group chat, which iMessage doesn't support. And even though iMessage is superbly integrated into the Messages section, it doesn't by default show read/delivery reports. Another point there to BBM. There's work to be done on iMessage, but it's looking mighty promising!

Must say that the upgrade process was problematic for me. Apple's servers must have been getting slammed from all angles, took me about 10 tries or me to get the Apple server to verify the install. Even downloaded the IPSW file myself separately. Sheesh. Took ages, but it's worth it even if just for iMessage and notifications. Will keep on playing with the phone to discover its new features :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 2542302)
IOS5 down loaded good news. Should we pay for that. If so how much? What are the advantages? Thoug I have registered my Iphone I could not down load coz I could not register the credit card. I don't have and don't want to hae. I am trying all methods but could not do.

It's easy to make an account for the App Store without a credit card. I did so myself, here's how.

Creating an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

Follow each step as said, and you'll be fine.

Got the phone updated to IOS5.

Haven't explored much but everything seems to work fine.
Some added functions are definately welcome.

What amazed me was even though millions of people would have downloaded this upgrade yesterday, still my download process was butter smooth. 774 MB in half an hour flat.

All I can say is Apple is in a very right direction with this IOS and Siri. The Point is to make these phones better phones first and then PDA or computers.

Keen to know:
If any one here did the upgrade with a Gevey inside. I read it is not yet possible, :-(, and would have to wait

I too installed IOS5. great features. I did not miss my camera. It is there as it is in my Iphone4. New icons appeared are Videos,News Stand and reminders. reminders is most useful. After installation I missed some of my contacts. But after a couple of hours all were in their place as before. I too accepted i cloud option. It is nice of our team members to help each others. Thanks to all of you.

Updated safari is not present except Reading List.
No idea how to get it in iPhone4 with " Reader Icon in URL " used for Clutter free reading.

Guys,

Any updates on the performance of iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS. I don't want to upgrade and then stuck in a situation like it happened with iOS 4 on iPhone 3G.

I updated iTunes & installed IOS 5 on my iPad but strangely it didn't reinstall my apps & its not syncing with my PC when plugged in(to wall charger) to charge. Any idea what's wrong.

The UI looks slightly different & I like the 4 finger swipe :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 2542883)
Guys,

Any updates on the performance of iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS.

It is a great performance, I installed in Iphone 4 and all options are working well. None of my data is missed. All the datas are in tac.The reminder icon is a great advantage to keep our reminders in screen. I did not miss the safari and it is functioning as it was. The i cloud is is visible in settings below general. Twitter is also there in settings. But I did not find the face book. Is there any way to use skype in Iphone4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 2543448)
It is a great performance, I installed in Iphone 4 and all options are working well. None of my data is missed. All the datas are in tac.The reminder icon is a great advantage to keep our reminders in screen. I did not miss the safari and it is functioning as it was. The i cloud is is visible in settings below general. Twitter is also there in settings. But I did not find the face book. Is there any way to use skype in Iphone4.

Navan on iPhone 4 the performance is fine but there are still no reports on the performance on iPhone 3GS.

It seems it should work fine with 3 Gs as well as the Ipad. As the apple store says that upgrade can be done for all three.Mine is Iphone32GB. So space is not a problem. Where as Iphone3 GS came bit earlier with8GB only there may be problem with space for the savvy s.

Looks like Apple did screw up on this one, lot of folks are reporting sync issues

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16333723#16333723

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

So much for 200 new features when the basic stuff doesn't work.

What more annoying is that while they copied android on sync you cant go online
& make push to device, heck even the bloody iTunes don't have transfer purchases
*to* device option.

Would have to spend lot of time installing stuff all over again.:Frustrati