Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 13:07   #3496
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
how does one use face time exactly ? mine wont work on edge nor on 3g. does that mean one can only use in on wifi ? if thats true that sucks since in india wifi is not free everywhere.
Currently Facetime only works on wifi and not over 3G. There are other apps that help you make video calls over 3g.

A question - Is there no software unlock available at all for iphone 4?
Is gevey sim the only option?
And are there any issues of using gevey sim which communicates through the emergency line?
Old 7th August 2011, 14:25   #3497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Currently Facetime only works on wifi and not over 3G. There are other apps that help you make video calls over 3g.

A question - Is there no software unlock available at all for iphone 4?
Is gevey sim the only option?
And are there any issues of using gevey sim which communicates through the emergency line?
thats so dumb, after watching it in big bang theory i thought it works on phone internet. so well i use fring or skype anyways now. both my iphone are factory unlocked so dint wanna bother with unlock issues of apple. this is my 3rd iphone and it makes sense to buy it unlocked only
Old 9th August 2011, 07:43   #3498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For locked iphone 4 users like me at present there is no solution than to go for Gevey. Using a Gevey supreme which requires dialling 112 only once and after that on every reboot it does the process itself.

Sitting in US and using the Gevey for past 3 months, no issue has cropped up till now, signals are good and everything fine.
I bought it locked because i got a brand new IP4 for 420$ which is roughly INR 19k
Old 9th August 2011, 12:21   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
For locked iphone 4 users like me at present there is no solution than to go for Gevey. Using a Gevey supreme which requires dialling 112 only once and after that on every reboot it does the process itself.

Sitting in US and using the Gevey for past 3 months, no issue has cropped up till now, signals are good and everything fine.
I bought it locked because i got a brand new IP4 for 420$ which is roughly INR 19k
That's a good price! Is it 16 or 32gb?
Old 9th August 2011, 15:11   #3500
BHPian

I have an iPhone3gs, version 3.1.3, could any of the gurus out here help me with; how do i get started on using GPS on the phone and also give me a feedback about if it is any good ?

Do i have to download an app ? I have seen SYGIC which comes loaded with MapMyIndia maps, it costs 50$, I don't really mind the price as long as it works.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:43   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshetty View Post
I have an iPhone3gs, version 3.1.3, could any of the gurus out here help me with; how do i get started on using GPS on the phone and also give me a feedback about if it is any good ?

Do i have to download an app ? I have seen SYGIC which comes loaded with MapMyIndia maps, it costs 50$, I don't really mind the price as long as it works.
Do you want to use a GPS app on the iPhone 3GS in India? The best free option I feel (after the native Google maps, of course) is Navfree India. Search for it in the app store. If you're in the US, MapQuest app is a great free Navigation app. Both these give you voice guided turn-by-turn directions, for free.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 16:08   #3502
BHPian

Wrong thread..Mods pls delete this post.

Last edited by dre@ms : 9th August 2011 at 16:09.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:38   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's a good price! Is it 16 or 32gb?
It was a new 16 gb phone. Any software unlock in India at present? I have no clue.
Old 10th August 2011, 01:10   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
It was a new 16 gb phone. Any software unlock in India at present? I have no clue.
From where did you get this deal? Which state r u in?
Old 10th August 2011, 05:37   #3505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
From where did you get this deal? Which state r u in?
Am in Florida, Miami to be precise.
Joined the white iPhone gang today - got one off a seller from a site, met him, the phone was scratchless and has warranty till july next year was 1 week old so paid $ 450 and got it, had to negotitate a bit.

The black one goes to my sister now- her gift for raksha bandhan.

If anyone has any idea about any s/w unlock in gaffar or somewhere, please update me, Gevey is good but i want a permanent solution.
Old 10th August 2011, 08:15   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Am in Florida, Miami to be precise.
Joined the white iPhone gang today - got one off a seller from a site, met him, the phone was scratchless and has warranty till july next year was 1 week old so paid $ 450 and got it, had to negotitate a bit.

The black one goes to my sister now- her gift for raksha bandhan.

If anyone has any idea about any s/w unlock in gaffar or somewhere, please update me, Gevey is good but i want a permanent solution.
Wow thats damn cheap. Here in california we dont get that cheap. I got a almost new black 16gb with gevey ultra for 460$ with all new accessories.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:58   #3507
BHPian

Does any one know what happens if I type wrong passcode everytime. I saw that the iPhone was getting disabled for a minute. Does anything happen beyond that? The reason I ask is, my son keeps tampering with the phone and he is just 2.5 yrs to explain.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:06   #3508
BHPian

Not seen any adverse effects with typing wrong password, though I dont know what is the limit....my son is a year older and for the last six months or so he has learnt the passcode....so its a matter of six more months of pain for you...lol.
Old 10th August 2011, 13:50   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Does any one know what happens if I type wrong passcode everytime. I saw that the iPhone was getting disabled for a minute. Does anything happen beyond that? The reason I ask is, my son keeps tampering with the phone and he is just 2.5 yrs to explain.
The data in your phone gets erased after 10 failed attempts. But this choice can be disabled. Make sure it is. Other than that, nothing to fear about.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:06   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
The data in your phone gets erased after 10 failed attempts. But this choice can be disabled. Make sure it is. Other than that, nothing to fear about.
Only thing I know is, if one enters wrong passwords the phone gets deactivated and the timeout to unlock keeps increasing. My kid did it to my wife's Iphone we don't know what pin she entered and the time out for next unlock was 12hrs

I had no other choice than restoring it with the ITUNES. So at the end nothing to worry, but if your's is unlocked Iphone then you need to carry out all the juggling again.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks