Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2024, 14:10   #16336
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

My 13 pro max took 9 months and 223 cycles before dropping to 99%.

It’s depends on how much capacity your particular battery ships with as it can vary slightly (no two lithium cells have the exact same capacity). Essentially this translates to some iPhones shipping with 103-104% capacity while others might ship with 100.3% for eg.

You can confirm this by checking your max fcc found in logs with the devices rated battery capacity. Heat is also a major factor in how fast a cell deteriorates.

15 pros also have an always on display, slightly brighter screens and a more powerful chip than the earlier generation pros, this adds to the power consumption. Apple kept the same battery from the 13 pro max onwards instead of increasing capacity.
AJ56 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 21:25   #16337
BHPian

With 122 days of usage, average screen time - idle time of 5-6 hours & 1 hr a day respectively & exactly 69 recharge cycles, the battery health of my iphone 15 pro max reduced to 99% today. Didn’t expect it to deteriorate so soon. A full charge is almost lasting for anywhere between 36 to 40 hrs minimum with 2-5% of charge remaining. Is this too soon to happen?

Last edited by Torque123 : 23rd April 2024 at 21:27.
Old 23rd April 2024, 22:20   #16338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
With 122 days of usage, average screen time - idle time of 5-6 hours & 1 hr a day respectively & exactly 69 recharge cycles, the battery health of my iphone 15 pro max reduced to 99% today. Didn’t expect it to deteriorate so soon. A full charge is almost lasting for anywhere between 36 to 40 hrs minimum with 2-5% of charge remaining. Is this too soon to happen?
Woah. This is lower recharge cycle count than mine. I think mine dropped to 99% after 85 recharge cycles.

In other news, the battery is lasting longer than before after the 17.4.1 update.

With 5-6 hours of screen time, I am now getting around 26 hours of battery life from a single charge.

This is still nowhere as good as my previous 13 Promax and 14 Promax.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 12:30   #16339
Senior - BHPian

Query : I am using a Vodafone ( now Vi) esim on my iPhone 12 mini. Now when I exchange this phone, I will reset the same to factory setting.

On the Apple website, I cannot see Vi available for eSim and just Reliance & Airtel.

The 15 has the option for either 2 esims or 1 nano sim and with 1 eSim.

1. Hope I am able to use the BSNL physical sim and Vi eSim?
2. Will resetting the old phone create any difficulty to register eSim for the new phone?
3. Should I make note of anything?
Old 24th April 2024, 12:37   #16340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

2. Will resetting the old phone create any difficulty to register eSim for the new phone?
So in India you can't transfer e-sim from one device to other. You have to get a new e-sim, so figure that process of getting a new e-sim once you get the new phone.

1- Yes it works.
2- If initiating e-sim is via sms, initiate that step before you wipe or delete the e-sim from old phone.
3- Nothing much but ensure you have a full back up of device to restore to new device.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 18:39   #16341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
On the Apple website, I cannot see Vi available for eSim and just Reliance & Airtel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So in India you can't transfer e-sim from one device to other. You have to get a new e-sim, so figure that process of getting a new e-sim once you get the new phone.
Transferring the e-SIM from my 13 to 15 Pro was a breeze. You'll get the following pop-up: Transfer from another iPhone when you are prompted to activate e-SIM when you switch on the new device. Please make sure you do this before doing a factory reset on your old device. It's a simple job.

P.s. The e-SIM that I transferred was Airtel. Not sure why it wouldn't be possible with VI
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 11:32   #16342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
P.s. The e-SIM that I transferred was Airtel. Not sure why it wouldn't be possible with VI
I tried on Airtel when I moved to 14Pro Nov 2022 I guess and didn't work, then Jio on 15 Pro and that also did not work. When did you try this?
Old 25th April 2024, 12:03   #16343
BHPian

Quote:
I tried on Airtel when I moved to 14Pro Nov 2022 I guess and didn't work, then Jio on 15 Pro and that also did not work. When did you try this?
Did this in Nov 2023, around Diwali. Happened without a glitch and working seamlessly.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 13:55   #16344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think its a recent update/improvement on AirTel side. When I tried couple of years back, it was so much of a hassle, but I recently tried again (regular SIM to eSim on 15 Pro) and it was quite an easy process through the Airtel app.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5715992 (The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here)
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 16:25   #16345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
I think its a recent update/improvement on AirTel side. When I tried couple of years back, it was so much of a hassle, but I recently tried again (regular SIM to eSim on 15 Pro) and it was quite an easy process through the Airtel app.
Conversion was working, transfer to new phone is a new one. Earlier it used to give message, not supported for the region / service provider.
Old 30th April 2024, 17:16   #16346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This time, the additional purchase was the USB-C adapters and I always buy Anker as they are the best for iPhones.
Got a pair of them.
I did my first charge with Anker and it was blazing fast. 20% to 100% was in about an hour.
Picked up one off Amazon India for ~970 bucks to try out on my 13 & 14 Pro Max.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Will buy another on the Summer Sale if it looks good.

My 6 month old Belkin dual USB C charger (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) suddenly died, and I'm awaiting a resolution from Belkin India.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th April 2024 at 17:22.
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:35   #16347
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone use the Apple MagSafe wireless charger?

I recently picked up one from https://iccessories.in and it does not seem to work.

The box looks genuine and the packing looked like apple original. However on placing the phone on the charger, the magnets attach and charging starts but stops in 2 seconds.

I have tried resetting the phone, tried without case, different adapters, etc. but nothing seems to work.

I have not tried charging anyone iPhone on it though.
Old 3rd May 2024, 22:09   #16348
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Does anyone use the Apple MagSafe wireless charger
I use it sometimes and it works perfectly fine.

I guess you will have to check for adaptor’s output wattage from the wall socket. I’m not sure what’s the value, but below that wattage it won’t work.

Second, I hope you are not using it with some back cover on the iPhone.
Old 4th May 2024, 10:36   #16349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Does anyone use the Apple MagSafe wireless charger?

I recently picked up one from https://iccessories.in and it does not seem to work.

The box looks genuine and the packing looked like apple original. However on placing the phone on the charger, the magnets attach and charging starts but stops in 2 seconds.

I have tried resetting the phone, tried without case, different adapters, etc. but nothing seems to work.

I have not tried charging anyone iPhone on it though.
Ensure your software is upto date, not much more you can do. I only charge using the MagSafe puck, at home it’s hooked up to the Apple power brick. On the move it’s used with a power bank. Both my MagSafe pucks are over 3 years old and work flawlessly.

Bought both from Apple’s site directly to eliminate any possibility of fakes.
Old 4th May 2024, 20:02   #16350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
I guess you will have to check for adaptor’s output wattage from the wall socket. I’m not sure what’s the value, but below that wattage it won’t work.

Second, I hope you are not using it with some back cover on the iPhone.
I have tried 20W, 35W upto the 95W adaptor with same result. On connecting to MacBook, it shows charging but percentage doesn't go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Bought both from Apple’s site directly to eliminate any possibility of fakes.
The puck is original. Need to take to iPlanet repair because the return window is closed.

Most Viewed