Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 15:00   #1
Team-BHP Support

The computer mouse thread

Its that time of the year when my life is engulfed in excel work, so wanted to get a proper mouse/mice which can be plugged on to my laptop. Decided that a bluetooth one will be ideal and went out to ezone and they apparently had run out on stock and tried selling me corded one. Not impressed with the option (though cheaper), i decided to turn back and hey what do i see, a logitech bundle thought of checking out the details.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...s/132&cl=in,en

Though there is a USB bundle that needs to be plugged on, this mice is a wise one and has some additional clicks that can be configured for usability. Very compact and convenient. Plus side i can dock it with desktop also which doesn have bluetooth. Works well on almost any surface.

You can download and intall the software for advanced functions which includes battery health indicator. Even software detected my machine had its own stuff for touch pad so installed stuff only for the USB mice. Almost 3 meter range for office presentation and all.

MRP Rs 1250, ezone gave at Rs 1200 lol

Recommended for those who would want a compact and reliable alternative for touch pad mouse.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd February 2008 at 15:05.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2008, 21:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu,

I couldnt make out from your post as to whether the thing works with the inbuilt BT of your laptop or not. I would suggest you keep that as a requirement, because whats the point of having a BT mouse when you have to plug in a special dongle for it.

Im sure things have changed, but when i bought my mx900 3years back (it was logitechs first BT mouse) it was REALLY a pain to get it to work with the inbuilt BT and to have all the special functions of the mouse software available (was kindof a bummer coz the mx900 has 8 buttons)

cya
R

ps - ofcourse the mx900 didnt even have a power switch!!! ughs

Last edited by Aditya : 8th May 2024 at 18:30. Reason: Minor typo
Old 4th February 2008, 22:46   #3
BHPian

@Rehaan - This is not a BT mouse, it uses Logitech's 2.4 GHz wireless technology. Hence the additional dongle.
Old 4th February 2008, 23:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
@Rehaan - This is not a BT mouse, it uses Logitech's 2.4 GHz wireless technology. Hence the additional dongle.
much easier to use and more energy efficient also, this aint BT i guess more of RF technology here.
Old 5th February 2008, 04:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

These things sell for less than 800 bux at sp road. Logitech MRPs are mostly rubbish. My momo had a 7k mrp which I actually paid 4.5k for.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

Heard that SP road can fetch better deal but reliability, authenticity and parking voes dissuaded me.

Atleast i have 1 year complete warranty and 3 year limited warranty for the extra bit i paid.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

being a "mini" mouse, it becomes a pain aftera while, esp in your palm due to the position.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu Dada: this aint BT i guess more of RF technology here.
BT uses RF technology
Old 5th February 2008, 10:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

he he you got me there Techno, i was waiting for someone to reply

well the mini mouse aint that mini and is quite comfortable (for my palm size) actually have become more comfy with it than the reg desk top, and i guess the higher DPI also has got something to do with me liking it more.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:46   #10
BHPian

I got my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard & Mouse set for Rs.1475. It's not BT, it works on 27MHz band.
But the keyboard is a real pain to use...all keys have become very hard...I'm seriously thinking of getting a normal wired KB.
But the mouse is good...only drawback is that you have to replace the alkaline AAA batteries every 5-6 weeks. I finally got a pair of rechargeable NiMh batteries which would be much more cost effective.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Heard that SP road can fetch better deal but reliability, authenticity and parking voes dissuaded me.

Atleast i have 1 year complete warranty and 3 year limited warranty for the extra bit i paid.
Reliability -> All the stuff come with bill and manufacturer warranty
Authenticity -> For computer parts, the probability of getting a fake is virtually nil.
Parking -> I park at Unity building beside town hall. 20 bux for as long as you want and there's always plenty of parking space. Never ever an issue.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Jaggu, actually you can pick up stuff from SP road complete with Bill and a Warranty. If you manage to find a reliable/trustworthy dealer there (which I agree requires time and effort), it's best to stick to him for all future purchases. Agree on the parking bit though, you've got to be born on a lucky star to get a parking space .
Old 17th March 2012, 02:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

re: The computer mouse thread

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But its related to Mice.

I am looking for a comfortable Mice to use at work.

I have currently Microsoft 3000 which is a wireless mouse. But it is compact so it is uncomfortable.

My requirements

1. Comfort, Comfort and Comfort.
2. Smooth tracking.

I have used Trackball mouse briefly, but while it is comfortable, its a pain to use ball to track the pointer. I am not comfortable with it since i haven't used it for long use.
Wireless or wired. Doesn't matter. Cost - ~$50 or so. Please suggest some good options.
Old 17th March 2012, 03:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am looking for a comfortable Mice to use at work.

I have currently Microsoft 3000 which is a wireless mouse. But it is compact so it is uncomfortable.

My requirements

1. Comfort, Comfort and Comfort.
2. Smooth tracking.
I'm using a Logitech G300 (wired) and it's pretty awesome and satisfies both of your requirements i.e. comfortable and smooth tracking. Although it's a gaming mouse it's a normal sized mouse and not too big like other gaming mouses. Compared to Laptop mouses it's bigger than a Laptop mini mouse and almost the same size of a normal desktop mouse(slightly smaller). Good thing is that it has total 9 buttons and can be assigned different keyboard shortcuts. Although I'm just using the inbuilt profile of Productivity for my normal day to day work. Being from Logitech it has good build quality and good service backup. And the price is also cheap, only 1399Rs and I doubt if there is anything better at that price point. I followed the suggestion at techenclave and pretty happy with the mouse. Here is a review by one of the member's there which I found helpful - LOGITECH G300 REVIEW - TechEnclave (Mods, I hope it's ok to post links to other forum, if not please remove). One negative about this mouse is the placement of the right side extra buttons(G7/G8), I'm still getting used to them. Right side ones I'm very much used to now although I would've liked thumb buttons more.

BTW, I initially wanted to buy Logitech MX 950 but price is bit high here (approx 6.5k) and it's kinda bigger than what I'm used to. Although I would've loved to have the free-scroll wheel that's available on MX 950.
Actually if you don't mind a big sized mouse then you can try G500(wired) or even G700(wireless) too. Both of these comes with free scrolling wheel.
Regards,

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th March 2012 at 03:39.
Old 17th March 2012, 03:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I'm using a Logitech G300 (wired) and it's pretty awesome and satisfies both of your requirements i.e. comfortable and smooth tracking.
BTW, I initially wanted to buy Logitech MX 950 but price is bit high here (approx 6.5k) and it's kinda bigger than what I'm used to. you can try G500(wired) or even G700(wireless) too. Both of these comes with free scrolling wheel.
Regards,
Thanks. I saw these. But G300 is not available. G400 is available which is entry level. I may settle for G500 or G9X.

Amazon.com: Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400 with High-Precision 3600 DPI Optical Engine (910-002277): Electronics

I am wondering how Microsoft ARC Mouse is?

Last edited by chevelle : 17th March 2012 at 04:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks