Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 11:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

go for the HP Pavilion series and enjoy the performance and features that are best
Old 11th December 2007, 13:44   #17
BHPian

I was thinking about the TZ series, not the NR . So you guys say that dell higher models or I should buy a macbook?
Old 11th December 2007, 13:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sony Vaio has Power Adaptor problems moving on into the long run after your purchase and I had seen some of my Pal's machines junked out like this and as @mobike008 said ..its only popular for its looks and the finish...i dont recommend it personally compared to Lenovo/HP and Dell .
Old 11th December 2007, 15:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have a second hand Sony Vaio running on XP. One thing that sets it apart from other laptops is the picture quality of the LCD screen.. Not surprising considering they are better known for making consumer appliances. The rest is just about the same or less than what you get from other brands.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:05   #20
BHPian

THANKS guys, Ihave finally decided to stick on with mac, a macbook.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post

Good decision. Dual boot WIN XP and you will love it.
Old 17th December 2007, 15:39   #22
BHPian

i would also recommend a macbook if you are willing to spend 60k on a laptop. it just doesnt get any better...

also, pls forgive me for going offtopic here, but can anybody enlighten me as to how much a used macbook [not pro] would cost. i am looking for one and am on a tight budget [very tight, actually, i may even make u laugh like the guy in the ebay ad], can someone give me some pointers on where can i get a good deal.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have a Compaq Presario 1500 P4 2GHz with 640MB Ram, 32MB dedicated Ati Radeon 7500 graphics, 20GB hdd, DVD combo drive, USB 2.0, 1394 port for sale. It's 5 year old lappie and i'm selling it for 12k nego. Battery aint good and the keyboard has lost two keys - alt & winkey - but the same keys are there on the right side of the space bar.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
Great choice. After using Dell, Toshiba and Acer Ferrari, I bought my MacBook Pro a few months back and I have been extremely happy with it. A few things to keep in mind

- Please do buy Apple Protection plan as MacBook is prone to breaking down a bit more often than Toshiba or IBM. I have had several friends who have been using Mac for a long time and they suggested that.

- Make sure you have a min of 2 GB RAM. You will need it.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:28   #25
BANNED

You may more for the name SONY than for anything else. If you want to brag about your product then its worth extra money (mostly about 50%-605 more than HP series).

If you are a serious buyer wants to get value for money then go for HP Pavilion series(NOT Compaq). HP Laptops are decent quality, eligant, stylish, sturdy and feature rich.

Lenova may be cost effective but may not satisfy your stylish tastes.
Old 4th January 2008, 05:14   #26
BHPian

Whatever you do don't take the Vaio's which come in different colours i think the CR series (i forget)i got one recently it gives me static shocks to my wrists whenever i use it on external power or when my phone rings.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Whatever you do don't take the Vaio's which come in different colours i think the CR series (i forget)i got one recently it gives me static shocks to my wrists whenever i use it on external power or when my phone rings.
The shocks you get while on AC power is because something is wrong with the external AC power source. I used to get shocks through my old laptop's chrome bezel surround of the mouse pad when the lap was plugged in to home inverter AC supply during power cuts.

I couldn't understand the phone ringing part.
Old 10th January 2008, 01:30   #28
Nos007

Go for the Dell, HP & Toshiba Laptops, they have more powerful features, style & functionality then compare to Sony, sony looks stylish & cool but for the seroius computing u should always trust Dell, HP & Toshiba laptops..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks