Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: You Mobile Store experience ?
Bad 13 33.33%
Could be better 16 41.03%
Good 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 09:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My version is exactly the opposite of Sam's. And I experienced it at 2 different stores - at Chembur and Powai.

None of the staff knew anything except the rates which were higher than what I got from other normal stores. No dummies and no real pieces to check out as well.

I decided better to go to our local guy - great service , better price - what else you need ?
Maybe it is TSE (The Sam Effect).
Old 25th October 2007, 09:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Iv been buying phones at Alfa for ages now, while their customer service is CRAP, noone can beat their prices.

However recently I bought my xbox 360 from the Mobile Store in Powai and must say that its a welcome change. Since then Iv also picked up a phone for my mom from there and found it to be a much better experience.

The Powai shop does get a bit busy in the evenings and you may not get that much attention but if you go in the afternoon they will be more than willing to help you out. The sales staff was reasonably well informed and they were really helpful. Honestly I didnt expect the staff to know anything about the 360 since its not really a fast moving product but to my surprise they did know a lot about it. They didnt have one in stock at the moment but ordered one for me and I got it the next day.

Refilling your phone there also for some reason is a little simpler too.

Besides this they had some really good offers last time which included a free ipod shuffle, cash prizes and a free holiday.

One factor that really influenced me initially was the Mobile Store Phantom WOW. Just had to promote a company that bought one more Phantom into India.
Old 25th October 2007, 10:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
whats the deal with the dummy phones? arent the real ones better examples of the phone itself? i hate those plastic dummy ones.
good to know the staff knew the specs of the phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I too hate those dummy phones, much rather prefer to feel & see an actual piece while taking a decision.
I agree. Dummy phones are not an indicator of the look and feel of the actual phone. However, when stores are unwilling to open sealed boxes to show you a new piece (and they are when it comes to high-end smart phones), an alternative is necessary. Surely one can't be expected to make the purchase based on advertising and feature lists?
Old 25th October 2007, 11:56   #19
BHPian

There is this Future group mobile store in the Cosmos mall in Brookfields. The Future Group has just started with this range of stores I think, although they have been selling online on futurebazaar.com.
The best thing about this store is that they had working phones for all models of most brands sitting on their walls.
I spent a good 30 min playing around with the p1i and E61i and they had no qualms whatsoever.
Most other stores don't ever take out an actual phone lest let you play around with one.
Old 25th October 2007, 12:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Another thing that the Mobile Store will do for you when you buy a new phone from them is transfer all your contacts and data from your old phone to the new one.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have found them not worth the hoopla. Some flagship stores,(the one in powai was nice too) are doing well. However, the small stores they have opened across the country are nowhere as close.

They are beaten on prices by hotspot and subhiksha. And hotspot fellows are generally more knowledgeable than subhiksha/rpg cellucom/mobile store.

That being said, a much better buying experience in Delhi is either mobilNXT DT city center Mall, or Concepts (right opp palm leaf), same mall.

The concepts guy, Aakash is very reasonably tech versed, friendly, competitive rates and to help resolve the tie breaker, would let you see the final phone too. Helps lots when you wanna compare cam quality/menu dumbness (samsung!!).
Old 25th October 2007, 23:15   #22
BHPian

9 votes and the it seems the votes are even! wow!
Old 26th October 2007, 01:32   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i have bought 2 phones from them and got a good price for my old Nokia 6600 from them. each time they were helpfull and well informed. They even showed me a quick comparison of 2 phones on GSMARENA(dot)com on their computer.
Old 26th October 2007, 01:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

my only experience was at the mobile store in hiranandani and they dont seem to be bothered with their customers unless you ask for 30k+ phones
Old 26th October 2007, 08:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Another thing that the Mobile Store will do for you when you buy a new phone from them is transfer all your contacts and data from your old phone to the new one.
So they do this too. I don't think any other store does this. The person helps you and you ge free stuff. That's my point.

In my case the BB curve is not available on discount anywhere. I got good service, someone helped me well, with my purchase AND I got some (nice) free stuff worth atleast 5000/- (A jet airways ticket and a 2GB microSD)

I'm happy!
Old 26th October 2007, 10:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

I think the real customer service that is to be checked is to go in, ask for a 10-15k phone, and then say, darn, don't think i should buy that expensive a phone for office work. Show me a simple 3k phone with excellent battery and speakerphone instead.

That's the point at which most sales guys slink away. The ones that still sell with enthusiasm are the good ones. I mean, which mobile seller wouldn't pander to someone wanting to buy a 20k mobile?

Like politeness, the customer service is determined in the way they treat even the lower category buyer.
Old 29th January 2008, 17:03   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Dammit

As is my usual bad luck with BlackBerry phones, my 8300 curve has completely given way. I sent it to Airtel expecting prompt replacement (as I have got with my 4 or 5 BlackBerrys in the past lol)

NO, this time they decide that they want to repair it. 10 days.

10 DAYS!!

And they have given me a replacement BlackBerry till then. It's the first BlackBerry model I ever used in my life. It is as big as a transistor radio. Sigh.
Old 29th January 2008, 18:00   #28
BHPian

Could have been better

I had been to The Mobile Store in Chennai and the prices were more expensive around 2k more than the local guys. The people in The Mobile Store also did not seem to know about different models leave alone the features in each model.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:43   #29
BHPian

My experience with the Worli outlet of the Mobile Store is mixed. The staff knew what they were talking about. After some initial reluctance, they even agreed to open up the box to show me one of the Nokia phones, though We had made it clear that we were under no obligation to buy.

What killed the deal was the low buy-back price for the older Sony K750i. The chaps were willing to offer only Rs.900 for it, whereas I was able to realize Rs.3500 from my regular mobile supplier, who even brings phones for display to your home/ office. The prices are slightly above Alfa's but the regular manufacturer warranty is applicable.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Went to the Mobile Store at Mulund, Nirmal Lifestyle.

I walk in , ask - Do you have a blackberry <model no>
Staff - No Sir.
Me - Ok fine . You have a Nokia N82 ?
Staff - No Sir.
Me - Fine

I turn around to walk out (no one wants to stop me to ask if they can suggest replacements/different model), reach the door and I pause , ask them in hindi -

"Taala hai ?" (you have a lock?)
Staff - why ?
Me - Lock the store and go home.

and I walk out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks