Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 23:25   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nokia Service Sucks - uses Call Centres to stonewall customers

Update: Thanks to a gentelman in Nokia forum i came to know that it has a water indicator! No wonder they were trying to give me stories instead of evidence!!! Have got a lead from Spice store for another Nokia shop, where spice guys have contacts. Will be trying that soon.

Nokia forum thread Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Nokia C5 - 00 Made in Korea went dead! Nokia l... - Nokia Support Discussions
Old 25th April 2011, 23:32   #47
BHPian

Most of the service center technicians are monkeys waiting with screwdriver in hand & will utter gibberish if asked for technical reasons !!

Such is the state of pathetic customer service from many multinational companies in India :(

Please try one more center or you can also complain to Nokia directly ! it definitely looks like they dont have any proof of water damage at all.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:56   #48
Team-BHP Support

Yup they sure did not have proof and hopefully have not poured water onto the indicator now lol. I have already emailed Nokia the details including this thread link and trying to contact another service center.
Old 26th April 2011, 00:41   #49
BHPian

After reading all the posts I am scared what will happen if my mobile stops working. My warranty will be over in a few months time. Is Nokia's service that bad? Should we give Mobile phones to local technicians. The problem is we have to leave our phone with them for a day or so. What I fear is they will remove some genuine parts and replace them with some duplicate ones.

What about Samsung's service? I was thinking of buying a Samsung android device. Has anyone had to ever go to a Samsung shop for repairs?
Old 26th April 2011, 00:55   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Is Nokia's service that bad? Should we give Mobile phones to local technicians. The problem is we have to leave our phone with them for a day or so. What I fear is they will remove some genuine parts and replace them with some duplicate ones.
Exactly what Spice shop guy warned and guided me to another nokia center where he has some contact.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:15   #51
Team-BHP Support

And the expected reply

Quote:
Hello Jayakrishnan,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

We understand the inconvenience caused due to difficulties you are facing with Nokia device and want to get your device under warranty.

We value the importance of your concern and we are here to assist you.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. You may kindly note that all Nokia phones come with a 12 month warranty from the original date of purchase. Our warranty guidelines state that any repairs or servicing would be covered under warranty provided Nokia technicians at the Nokia Care Centre do not find any physical damage, liquid damage(s) or tampering with the phone. In such instances, the warranty on your handset is void.

Should the technician find the phone to be repairable, a repair quotation would be provided. If the customer chooses to have the phone repaired, the customer would need to bear the cost of the service charge as well as the repair charges of the phone. In certain instances, the phone may be irreparable and the customer would be advised of this.

Unfortunately, once the phone has been assessed to contain any liquid ingression by the Nokia Care Centre, we would not be able to guarantee the issue will not reoccur as the phone would be assessed as being “beyond economical repair”.

Further, your handset has been assessed to be liquid damaged and irreparable after a comprehensive and thorough assessment
made by the technicians at the Nokia Care Centre. Hence, we stand by the assessment made by the Nokia Care Centre.
We hope this clarifies and regret the inconvenience caused.

Your case ID is x-xxxxxxx

For further enquiries, please feel free to email us or contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at Nokia India - Ask Nokia. You may also find answers to your queries at Nokia India - Product Support - Support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Thank you for choosing Nokia.

Regards,

Maharishi Sharma

Nokia Careline
Old 26th April 2011, 12:33   #52
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nokia loses one more customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Add -1 customer, no make it -5 atleast. That much influence i have.
Add me and my family to the list as well. My last 2 encounters with the Nokia service centers have convinced me that i have had enough of them.

Too lazy to pin down my experiences with them, but i just wanted to inform about my decision as well.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:45   #53
BHPian

But the problem remains - If not Nokia then what? What is the guarantee that other mobile phones will be better? I do not want to keep on trying other brands till I find a satisfactory after sales support.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

The service center condition is same for all brands of mobile phones.
I guess there are too many users, and too many handsets, and too little resources.

Plus the brands may believe that investing in after sales service may be counter productive, since it may jeopardize the "american way" of buying new gadgets every year (or release).
Old 26th April 2011, 20:20   #55
Team-BHP Support

Total crap this Nokia online thingie. I asked them for any other offer and i get a pre-recorded email again~!!!

Doesn't the numb skulls realize that they need to re-evaluate the first diagnosis at the least

Quote:
Hello Jayakrishnan,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

We understand the inconvenience caused due to difficulties you are facing with Nokia device and want to get your device under warranty.

We value the importance of the information that you are seeking and we are here to assist you.

We would like to inform you that as we understand that your handset has been assessed to be liquid damaged, please note that as per Nokia Warranty Guidelines, liquid damage is not covered under warranty and it may be repaired outside warranty with repair charges. The phone would be repaired under warranty provided no physical or liquid damage is found within the 12 months from date of purchase. In the event the phone is assessed as such, the warranty is void.

We standby the assessment made by our Nokia Care Centre technicians. However, in case you are not satisified with the service assessment, we request you to visit an alternate Nokia Care Centre. Our technicians would assist you in best possible manner.

Your Case ID is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Further enquiries, please email us or feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia Nokia India - Ask Nokia. You may also find answers to your queries at Nokia India - Product Support - Support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Thank you for choosing Nokia.

Regards,

Kapil Mathur

Nokia Careline
Old 26th April 2011, 22:00   #56
BHPian

Really feel sorry about your case. So the only option you have is to pay for the entire thing from your pocket with no fault of your own?
Old 26th April 2011, 23:39   #57
BHPian

I totally agree with the thread title, Nokia service sucks! Big time!

My n79 started getting switched off by itself when it was around 10 months old. The incompetent nokia care people repaired it 5 times, yes 5 times! (2 times they even sent it to New Delhi). But they couldn't resolve the issue. On the last day of my warranty, I created a big scene and even complained to nokia (via customer care ph no). Eventually, they opened their eyes and gave me a brand new n79. I guess lucky me, but it took a lot for me to get them to replace it.

Cheap nokia phones are good. >10k phones are useless. I ordered a wave 2 recently and waiting to get my hands on it!!
Old 27th April 2011, 00:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was in college when cell phones came to Kerala. My dad got me an "imported" Nokia 6 series from abroad and that was my first cell phone. This is in the year 1995 IIRC.
So, you are one lucky daddy's boy, daddy getting you a cell phone in 1995 (?). Were you in kearala/delhi at that time ?

I am a very new Nokia user (meaning only from 2008 onwards), I have found the phone to be truly functional without frills ( Various models). Also the A.S.S has been just great except for the prices charged.
Old 27th April 2011, 00:46   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Really feel sorry about your case. So the only option you have is to pay for the entire thing from your pocket with no fault of your own?
Right now yup, it seems like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
So, you are one lucky daddy's boy, daddy getting you a cell phone in 1995 (?). Were you in kearala/delhi at that time ?
You can say it was a gift for doing well at studies or was it a trick to keep tab of late nights outside home lol and i was very much in Kerala if memory serves right Year might be lil off but that was the time when BPL IIRC and Airtel launched GSM in kerala and me one of their first customers.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was very much in Kerala if memory serves right Year might be lil off but that was the time when BPL IIRC and Airtel launched GSM in kerala and me one of their first customers.
BPL might have been around at that time, but certainly not SKYCELL/AIRTEL.

Most Viewed