Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2024, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Re: The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
Dell Inspiron 15 5570 i7 1.8 to 1.98GHz 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD Windows 11 Professional
This is pretty old by today’s standards it’s 2018 model.
The replacement dell which came in place of Lenovo is black. It’s a good Dell Latitude i7 and fast.
Suggest not to upgrade to Win11. I have a 2019 Dell Inspiron 7375, 13.3 2in1 (Touchscreen) with Ryzen 5 2500U processor. Now this processor was not eligible for Win11 in the initial list, but for some reason after almost 2 years of Win11 rollout, got a popup to update. Post upgrade, the laptop is a drag. Screen and Keyboard are excellent though.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 16:27   #17
BHPian

I have a pre-built PC from Lenovo, the Lenovo Legion Tower 5.

I got it in Jan 2022, in the peak of GPU shortage and inflated prices.
Got a decent deal for the config.

Price : 1.4L, final price of 1.35L after discount.

Model: Lenovo Legion Tower 5
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800 @ 3.40 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070
RAM: 16 GB DDR5
SSD: 512 GB nvme x2
HDD : 2TB

Dell 34inch 1440p 144Hz Ultrawide Monitor.
Royal Kludge RK100 Wireless Mechanical keyboard.

Holding everything is a IKEA FREDDE desk.

Posting couple pics. Have to sort out the cables, have ordered a cable storage box.

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240424_160805.jpg

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240424_161058.jpg
TheRandomGuy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 16:39   #18

My workhorse is an Acer Nitro 5.

Here are the specs:

i7-12650H Processor
RTX 3070TI 140W 8GBVRAM
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
QHD 165Hz Screen
Price: 73k bought in Aug 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20230808100624.jpg  

Rahulk302 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 17:01   #19

Mine is a HP Pavilion 14, 4GB RAM, 256 GB storage, i5 12th gen
Brought it after an extensive research. The previous two laptops i owned were hp's too. My father has a lenovo ThinkPad which works buttery smooth and can handle heavy tasks easily. It's an intel i7 11th gen, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB, costing around 90000.
Initially I was tempted to go for the hp victus gaming laptop as I was getting great discounts but realised it was jst too heavy and big for me as a Student and I am not really a gaming guy.
My first look was the Asus Vivobook 14 and had almost finalised it but the only deal breaker for me was the OLED screen. While the vibrancy of colour was better, i have never really been convinced about the reliability of OLED screen. There have been significant cases where oled screens have gone blank.ps jst my personal opinion,I am no technology guy.

After 1 year of ownership i an preety satisfied with it. My use case is only professional work and not gaming.It looks premium and is very handy, the backlit keyboard is bright as well. The battery gets full charge in less than 2hrs and lasts for about 4 to 5 hours. It cost me around 63,000 from HP dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424164450.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424164415.jpg  

Amlan Aditya Na is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 17:11   #20
BHPian

I currently use a Surface Pro 9 which I had bought last year (along with few accessories) from Bestbuy US for about 1.1 lakh INR.

Specs wise this purchase will never make sense but I over paid knowingly, just for the form factor.

I am kind of a minimalist and do not really like carrying multiple devices when I travel so this for me is my laptop and tablet bundled into one device. It makes sense for my kind of usage but for a lot of people this will always be an over priced piece of tech.
  • Screen Size - 13 inches
  • Screen Resolution - 2880 x 1920
  • Processor Model - 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U
  • RAM - 16GB LPDDR5
  • Total Storage Capacity - 256 gigabytes
  • Operating System - Windows 11 Home
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240424_1657012.jpg  

Last edited by Rookie_Jeeper : 24th April 2024 at 17:16. Reason: Typos and updated the image
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 17:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlan Aditya Na View Post
Mine is a HP Pavilion 14, 4GB RAM, 256 GB storage, i5 12th gen
Are you sure, 4 GB RAM?
Old 24th April 2024, 18:11   #22
BHPian

I currently have two laptops (images from just after unboxing):

1) Asus TUF F15

Specs:

12th Gen Intel i7 - 12700H/BGA
512 GB M2 SSD (I added another 512 GB M2 in the additional slot available to bring the total to 1024 GB).
DDR5 16 GB RAM (8 x 2)
Nvidia RTX3050TI

Date purchased: December 2022

Cost: 660 Bahraini Dinars (including 10% VAT and 2 years warranty worth 90 Bahraini dinars) or about $1750 at the time of purchase (about INR 1,45,000 today).

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240424-3.23.14-pm.jpeg

2) Macbook Air M2

Specs
Apple M2 chip (8 Core GPU)
256 GB SSD
8 GB RAM

Date purchased: November 2023

Cost: 540 Bahraini Dinars (including 10% VAT) or about $1,430 (about INR 1,19,000 today)

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240424-3.24.13-pm.jpeg

Sorry for the messy tables The former is for gaming, personal paperwork and streaming while the latter is for traveling and as a backup at work (also I found this more VFM than an iPad which was the original plan) - I also have a third company-supplied laptop specifically for company work.

Had two HP i7s before this, one purchased in 2010 and another in 2016, the former had hard disk trouble by 2016 while the latter's motherboard burnt in 2022 when my colleague connected it to a pump using a defective cable.

Last edited by dragracer567 : 24th April 2024 at 18:27.
dragracer567 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 18:53   #23

My daily driver for the past 3 years has been an HP 14s- dy2501TU laptop. Below are the specs of the laptop :

Processor : Intel core i3 1115G4 (2 cores and 4 threads with max. frequency of 4 GHz)

RAM : 8GB in dual channel configuration (2x4 GB)

Storage: 256 GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD from micron

Battery: 41 Whr Li-ion battery ( 720 cycles completed )

Bought this laptop during my 10th grade to replace my ageing Dell Inspiron 3552 with an Intel Celeron. The Dell was a problem even for simple tasks like browsing, viewing and creating documents. So, without much thinking, I wanted to replace the Dell, with a laptop under 40k rs. Bought this HP from Reliance Digital for 38k.

Observations :
The laptop has been more than sufficient for basic tasks like attending calls through Zoom and browsing websites in MS Edge and chrome and it can handle a decent amount of load. The laptop runs out of steam when you start gaming, I usually play Euro Truck Simulator 2 on medium graphics, during the gameplay, the fan becomes loud and the chassis starts heating, although the game runs most of the time without any stutters or lag.

Well, it is coming to a point where 8GB RAM is the new 4GB RAM. So, an upgrade to 16GB RAM is a necessity soon.

All in all, this laptop has been my companion for everything in the past 3 years, from learning on YouTube to browsing Team-BHP and listening to songs on Spotify.

Attaching a few pics of the laptop and the Geekbench score from a while ago.

Regards,
EnthDriver
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240424_182201.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240424_182138.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-benchmark-score-hp-14s.png  

EnthDriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 20:20   #24

Hey guys, I’m pretty new on this forum. Have never posted anything about my experience with automotive products or anything else. But here I am talking about my laptop experience on an automotive forum. I bought a new ASUS TUF Dash F15 (2021) with i7 11370H, RTX 3070 from a known store in SP Road Bangalore. Box price being 1.9 Lakh. Got it for 1.35 Lakh. I didn’t opt any extended warranty. I was asked to buy MSI katana, but my gut led me to ASUS. Everything went smooth for the first 10 months. I was working from home, a remote village with no proper access to anything. Pretty remote in a jungle. During this time something happened to my laptop display- it started getting red lines and slowly the more I used the display while figuring out what had happened the more the display became obscure with vertical lines. I was in shock. My works, my office works especially would come to a screeching halt. I was in no place to go to Bangalore to get this resolved. It was a bit hectic due to accommodation etc. I called up my laptop seller anxiously saying this happened. He suggested that it has on site warranty and they’ll come replace the display wherever you are as long as it’s not physical, liquid or tamper damage. I called ASUS customer care- after 2 days of back and forth. This guy from ASUS calls me and asks my address. I sent him my location- he accepted the ticket raised. Now the nearest
Asus service is at Shimoga, which was a bit far from my place, but then to my surprise he was like “okay sir I will come tomorrow and I will repair your laptop”. I was quite surprised and I was taken aback because I live in a remote place with no access to any proper roads or any other kind of towns or whatever then this guy calls me up the next day evening at 4 o’clock asking where I am. I was like “Sir I am in my home only.” To which he said “ Your house is very far from town. I thought you were living in town.” I was quite shocked that he didn’t realise it when I had sent my location then he’s like “okay sir. I will come and repair it. No problem. Even if it takes time”. He came to my house at 9 PM and to my surprise he had a replacement display. He checked the display and make sure that it was not damaged in any other way apart from the faulty display. Then within 45 minutes, the work was done and he was off to Shimoga. The main catch of the story is no matter what happens we should always prefer brands which respond to customers qualms and support customers in any manner possible. Asus went overboard with the service support to my faulty display for free. I was quite taken back when the display was faulty because it was mentioned that this TUF laptop is military standard quality and they kept their promise by doing on site on a remote location on a hill station where literally there was no power when he came to my house because of too much of downpour. He came in his scooter repaired it and he didn’t even complain one bit. That is what I would look forward in any brand. It may take other brands ages to even match this kind of service that Asus provided to me. I’m not here to market Asus or to suggest you to buy Asus but my experience with the after sales service was just awesome. I was looking for a replacement to finish my office work because I thought it would take time for him to come and check it and do whatever but he came right then and there he checked what was faulty then he did all the resets, all the functions check, checked each and every thing he took the bios data. He took all the data for further investigation . After a week, He even took took an update from me about the service and even now after a year of the replacement, every thing is smooth and hell, I don’t have to say more !

On the other hand my brother’s imported Apple Mac book pro is awaiting service thanks to service centre people saying it’s a physical damage and denying service!! It was not physical damage, I know this very well. They’re quoting 60k for a replacement! It’s now lying there, catching dust after he got tired of running in circles!! In case anyone’s interested there’s a used mac for sale!
Nefariox is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 21:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefariox View Post
........... It may take other brands ages to even match this kind of service that Asus provided to me..............
When people ask me why I dont buy certain brands, I try to explain this to them. After a certain age or at a certain income level, you try to give more importance to time value and ease of doing things.

I completely avoid HP and HP products (printers, servers or laptops), Sony(for their attitude especially in India).

Asus, Lenovo and Dell(business) are the ones I always go for. Dell consumer grade is iffy.
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 22:22   #26
BHPian

This is my first premium PC Laptop and I love it for what it is!

This is a 2021 ASUS ROG Strix G17. Me and my dad had compared a lot of laptops before finalizing on this particular piece.

I had settled on a 17 inch model because of the full keyboard, and of course, a larger screen.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX ; Clockspeed: 3.9 GHz
Graphics : NVidia GeForce RTX 3050Ti, GDDR6 4GB
RAM and Storage : 16GB , 1B SSD
Screen : 17 inch, Refresh rate : 144Hz

I had purchased this laptop on Amazon India, MRP was Rs. 1.49 Lakh. My dad used his friend's GST ID to get the tax benefits and got the price down to 1.09L.

This laptop is basically my redemption to gaming as I didnt have any gaming consoles growing up😂 and also, it is proving its performance to run 3D CAD softwares without any hiccups. The only con with this laptop is that it doesn't have a webcam. So I installed droidcam on my phone and use my phone as the webcam! Works flawlessly!

Along with the PC, these are some peripherals that I use much with it:

Mouse: Red Dragon Gainer, goes upto 3200 DPI, has side programmable buttons. Costed me 600rs, bought along with laptop
Headphones : Boat Immortal IM-1000D, has Dolby Atmos Support, costed me around 1499rs on Amazon's Great Indian Festival in 2023
Gamepad : CosmicByte Nebula, costed me 1200rs on Amazon India. Bought along with laptop.

I mostly do all of my university work on this laptop, and also play games and watch movies. As of now it has Ride 4, Forza Horizon 4 and Counter Strike 2 installed on it.

I will always cherish this laptop as this is probably the best piece of tech I have ever owned!

A few pics to go along with this :
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424wa0016.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424wa0017.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424wa0018.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424wa0019.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img20240424wa0020.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240424-12.42.28_92b41865.jpg  

saitvsk23 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 23:10   #27
BHPian

I love dedicated mouse buttons! hate the clickable mousepad!
Seriously I have a very strong opinion about this.
I am partial about brand HP. Out of the assortment of laptops/workstations I have right now, the one that I always reach out to is a HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 with processor and memory maxed-out, but no dedicated graphics because I don't need it

Love this one to bits!

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240424-22.49.48.jpeg
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240424-22.49.481.jpeg

Last edited by NT_GT : 24th April 2024 at 23:20.
NT_GT is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 02:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

So my wife found a new job and its totally work from home. She was using my newly built gaming rig the last few weeks and that meant I couldn't come home everyday and spend some alone time gaming. So we decided to get her a laptop so she can not only work while I play (US shift) but also it will enable her to work when we have to cross over a state to her parents house every few months.

So we had a basic budget of no more than 30 to 35k for a laptop because her job is mostly reviewing content online. Since I already have a gaming pc, investing in a gaming laptop seemed like a bad idea not only from a financial point of view but also because laptops aren't really built for gaming and most of them die from the heat they generate with intensive tasks like gaming and rendering(my 2 cents).

From my office work I've come to realize that Lenovo offers better customer support in India than Dell and since its a work laptop I wasn't going to risk my neck with other brands like Asus/MSI/ Acer etc because I've heard the horror stories of aftersales service or lack of.

So I went about configuring the Lenovo V series with their customize build option. I picked AMD Ryzen 5 7530U, 16 gigs of ddr4 ram instead of 8gb, windows 11 with MS office, 512 gb ssd instead of 256gb, ips display instead of stock TN panel, 43 Whr battery instead of 38 Whr. Total came out to a little above 43000 Rupees. So when I tried to place the order for the same Lenovo India said Item will only dispatch a month from now. I thought it was a joke but their online sales rep said that's the case because "Sir customized laptop takes time to build". I told her its a laptop they have to put together with existing parts lying around them and not a spaceship to take a month. Funnily enough warranty starts from date of payment so I will lose a month's warranty when it arrives to my house.

Then I decided to look up Lenovo laptops on online marketplace and chanced upon a laptop of same spec above (bonus backlit keyboard) at around similar place. The Lenovo Thinkbook G16. Surprisingly no review on the marketplace but only one other guy has bought it so far and made a video on YouTube. So we decided to buy it. So far so good.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240423_182101.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240423_182110.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240423_181919.jpg  

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-20240423_233444.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 11:50   #29
BHPian

Thank you for starting the thread!

Current computers for personal use are a based model MacBook Air 13 inch - M1, 256gb storage, 8gb RAM and an iPad Pro - M1, 256gb storage with Magic Keyboard.

The office provided MacBook Pro from 2019 is quite well specced, but fans spin up when camera is turned on in Google Meet (from my research, this is Google's issue). Overall battery life is not on par with more modern machines, but I love the big screen, keyboard and track combination for productivity. Apple's speakers are not third party branded, but they're amongst the best I've heard on any laptop (or tablet actually).

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-img_5100.jpg

Here's my latest desk setup -
  • Sit/stand desk from Flowlyf. I bought it in 2022 and works great - I've recommended them to friends, family thanks to great quality and customer support. (I'm not associated with them, just a happy customer)
  • Amazon Basics laptop stand to create storage section under the laptop. I don't use two screens.
  • LG Ergo 27 inch 2K Monitor. The type-c connector charges devices at 65W, which is not sufficient for the MacBook Pro, so you'll see a separate power cable.
  • Logitech MX Master 3S mouse and Logitech K380 keyboard (paired with all my devices - super easy to switch)
  • Mobile/tablet holder from Flowdesk and a couple of coasters that were provided along with the desk
  • Physical calendar - highly recommend having one on your desk or somewhere in the office
  • Nail clipper and lipbalm - hacks picked up over the years!
  • Generic stationery holder from Amazon
  • Star Wars themed coffee mug to hold my Apple Watch straps

I use different headphones based on time of day, use case and duration of use. Currently cycling AirPods (OG), AirPods Pro (Type C model) and Sony WH-1000XM3. All three have a time and place, so no plans to change.
tejus.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 21:51   #30

The 2024 Thread: Share your computer / laptop specs, pictures & price here-whatsapp-image-20240425-21.36.54.jpeg

Personal: M1 mac mini, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Office: M1 Macbook pro, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Logitech K850 keyboard & mouse for effortless switch between office & personal devices.

DELL P3223QE display.

Hyperx solo-cast mic and Logitech 720p webcam for occasional recording and video calls.

Alexa as external speaker for mac mini
Bazooka1989 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks