Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 16:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Porsche partners with Microsoft to celebrate 75th anniversary; reveals limited-edition Xbox series

Porsche is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. To celebrate the occasion, the carmaker has announced a collaboration with Microsoft to launch a limited-edition line of the Xbox Series Xs.

Porsche partners with Microsoft to celebrate 75th anniversary; reveals limited-edition Xbox series-porschexboxlivery1.jpg

Both brands have worked together to create 6 Xbox colour schemes that honour iconic Porsche racecar liveries from the past. This includes the 1970s Salzburg & Hippie livery and 1971 Pink Pig from Le Mans featured on the 917, the 1978 Porsche Racing Edition livery on the 935/78, the 1998 911 GT1's Blue, Orange and White livery and also the livery from Porsche's most recent Le Man's competitor, the 963.

Porsche partners with Microsoft to celebrate 75th anniversary; reveals limited-edition Xbox series-porschexboxlivery2.jpg

All the liveries will be reinterpreted to fit on the outside of the Xbox hardware. The liveries will further make their way onto the wireless controllers as well. The limited-edition Porsche-themed Xbox Series will not be sold, but rather raffled off as part of a sweepstakes that Porsche fans can enter until October 8, 2023. Also, the sweepstakes will be available only to customers in the US, UK & Germany. The Xboxes will also be part of the brand's major auto & gaming-themed events across the globe.

Ayesha Coker, VP of Marketing, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. stated, “With over 30,000 motorsport victories to date, it wasn’t easy to select only six liveries, but we’ve chosen some of the most iconic ones that our fans will recognize from notable victories over the years.”

Source: CarScoops

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 19th June 2023 at 16:37.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 16:46   #2
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Porsche partners with Microsoft to celebrate 75th anniversary; reveals limited-edition Xbox seri

The consoles look so over-styled and tacky. The controllers look even worse. If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to choose one, I'd go with the white one, second from the left just because it looks the least tacky.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 18:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Porsche partners with Microsoft to celebrate 75th anniversary; reveals limited-edition Xbox seri

I came in here expecting to see something like the phone porsche design makes once in a while but never thought it would be something like this!

Just looks way too loud and tacky for my insignificant taste
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 20:28   #4
BHPian

These look like circus material in my opinion (75 numbered one).
Was expecting something mean, but well.
Old 19th June 2023, 21:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post

Ayesha Coker, VP of Marketing, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. stated, “With over 30,000 motorsport victories to date, it wasn’t easy to select only six liveries, but we’ve chosen some of the most iconic ones that our fans will recognize from notable victories over the years.”
Definitely not easy to come up with such Over the top looking consoles. Microsoft generally does not go wrong with limited edition consoles, but this is hideous.
Old 19th June 2023, 23:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm absolutely not able to fathom why a company like Microsoft will partner with Porsche to use their livery for their Xbox consoles?

What's in it for Porsche? A cut in the revenue of their console sales? If yes, then it's a losing deal as Xbox isn't faring well these days as all the glory is being snatched away by PS5.

And, which gamer will buy a console just because of these liveries? I will not and will chose a PS5 any day over a Microsoft Xbox console.

Phil Spencer and Chris Cap need to up their game badly.

P.S : I totally agree all these designs are absolutely hideous.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 01:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I came in here expecting to see something like the phone porsche design makes once in a while but never thought it would be something like this!
This could not have come from Porsche Design. Must be a brain-fart moment from somebody at Marketing executed with some 3rd party company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

What's in it for Porsche? A cut in the revenue of their console sales? If yes, then it's a losing deal as Xbox isn't faring well these days as all the glory is being snatched away by PS5.
These days Porsche is collab-marketing all over the place. Latest I saw was a Boss x Porsche cloth-line. If it makes money, they get a share of the sales and adds to bottom-line but if it doesn't, it is just another collab-mktg. Some hit, some miss.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 01:58   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Microsoft has gone up and over the top before too with these limited edition consoles, checkout their Farcry 6 custom Xbox consoles, looks straight out of a warzone, there are many more I remember seeing a YouTube video on these types of limited editions once but those were quirky and unique in their own way.
This livery however looks hideous and clearly designed by a third party, they could have combined forza and made it some Porsche special edition with a few extra Porsche cars.

Last edited by VwRabbit : 20th June 2023 at 02:00.
VwRabbit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
All the liveries will be reinterpreted to fit on the outside of the Xbox hardware. The liveries will further make their way onto the wireless controllers as well. The limited-edition Porsche-themed Xbox Series will not be sold, but rather raffled off as part of a sweepstakes that Porsche fans can enter until October 8, 2023. Also, the sweepstakes will be available only to customers in the US, UK & Germany. The Xboxes will also be part of the brand's major auto & gaming-themed events across the globe.
The point here is that these are not for sale, they part of sweepstakes.

I am in the market for a Xbox Series X which I plan to get by the end of the year. Since it is part of the sweepstakes, I would not mind getting home one of these. In fact, being a Porsche fan and since it is a limited edition, I would love to get one of these home.

That said, I do agree with the general comments saying that it is ugly. To me, 3 of them are very ugly, but No. 26, 23, and 43 (Martini livery) are ones I like and would wish to get them home. I also wish that Porsche had added the Gulf livery instead of the green one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks