Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:57   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Got the below SMS 2 minutes ago. According to this, balance adjustment will happen in 36 hrs
I too got that sms today morning.

Now when I checked the app again, it showed the updated balance with end date as Jan 2020. My original plan was to end in Nov 2019.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Sky Thread-1549110384751.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2019, 23:31   #722
BHPian

Re: The Tata Sky Thread

OMG, this is becoming a nightmare to choose and ensure that all channels the family wants is there. A quick question - If a channel is added randomly, does it take effect immediately?
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:36   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
A quick question - If a channel is added randomly, does it take effect immediately?

Yes. Takes immediate effect, but it has a lock-in for a day. So basically you cannot add and remove the channel on the same day.
Old 18th April 2019, 08:18   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone of you have decided to drop tatasky, and now have a HD+ box cluttering up your house, this guy will help you have a 500GB HDD for about 300 odd bucks. Off of Amazon. Only thing is, its a powered enclosure. The HDD in the STB is not locked in any manner. Its just a matter of taking apart the box, and inserting it in this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Sky Thread-img_20190418_080304.jpg  

Old 19th April 2019, 12:39   #725
Senior - BHPian

Recently I changed over from the old scheme (Annual All channel pack) to per channel regime. My observations
. The rates with GST are more than double of the older ones.
. Deciding between pre configured packs and individual channels takes quite an effort.
. In the end I copied the channel list - channel and rate onto an excel sheet and played around with it till I got an optimised list.
. It is easy to drop and add a channel. Can be done either from a computer or by SMS from registered phone. It is fast almost instantaneous.
. Topping up for 12 months will give an extra month of validity.

As most of the higher cost channels are HD Sports and HD Movies, I have kept two of each and when there is a need will just drop one and add another.
Old 19th April 2019, 12:54   #726
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata Sky will be dead in next 3 years.

They havent adapted at all to changing customer needs (and dont care to). The UI is so frustrating to use. If I have opted for 10 channels out of 500, why do I have to scroll all my channels? Very simple understanding which their UI team should have (if they have one, my guess is that they dont)
Old 19th April 2019, 12:59   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

They havent adapted at all to changing customer needs (and dont care to). The UI is so frustrating to use. If I have opted for 10 channels out of 500, why do I have to scroll all my channels? Very simple understanding which their UI team should have (if they have one, my guess is that they dont)
Agreed.
I just paid for Jio fibre installation. The sales guy told me they have plans to provide the telephone lines and DTH within next 2 months. Knowing how Jio undercuts the current players I expect very good DTH prices. Tata Sky services are exceptional but they are most expensive too. Will be happy to ditch it as soon as Jio DTH starts.
Old 19th April 2019, 14:59   #728
BHPian

I hadn't recharged my Tata Sky account for about 2 months due to almost zero TV usage by my wife and me. Last week, I called the customer care to cancel my Tata Sky subscription altogether and I was very surprised with the reply. The person asked me to reactivate my account and only then that he can take a request to cancel the subscription. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Old 19th April 2019, 15:29   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I hadn't recharged my Tata Sky account for about 2 months due to almost zero TV usage by my wife and me. Last week, I called the customer care to cancel my Tata Sky subscription altogether and I was very surprised with the reply. The person asked me to reactivate my account and only then that he can take a request to cancel the subscription. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Noth with tataSky but with Videocon D2H. Requests are taken only when the account is active. Can you recharge for a minimal amount like 10 or 20 rupees, which will suffice for 1 day and then call them to have the request processed.
Old 19th April 2019, 16:50   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if I have understood your issue correctly, but you can just add the 10 channels you have subscribed to in your favourites list and they will all line up together when you press the favourite button.
Old 19th April 2019, 17:00   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Not sure if I have understood your issue correctly, but you can just add the 10 channels you have subscribed to in your favourites list and they will all line up together when you press the favourite button.
What if I have subscribed 50 channels (Star Pack, Colors pack, etc)?

Do keep adding and removing the channels I subscribe or unsubscribe? Even if I do, the bucketing is missed out. Hence scrolling through 50 channels will be an issue now.
Old 19th April 2019, 22:42   #732
BHPian

Quote:
What if I have subscribed 50 channels (Star Pack, Colors pack, etc)?

Do keep adding and removing the channels I subscribe or unsubscribe? Even if I do, the bucketing is missed out. Hence scrolling through 50 channels will be an issue now.
Yes, to configure the favorites channels in TataSky, you have to scroll through the entire list. A workaround: you can press one of the colored buttons to select the genre/language and narrow down the list.

As you said, there is no bucketing in the favorites list. One option is to remember the first channel number for every bucket. Alternatively, you can go to your list of subscribed channels and copy/paste to Excel along with respective channel numbers, and bucket it whichever way you want and print it out for reference.
Old 7th June 2019, 05:20   #733
BHPian

Tata Sky to Discontinue Multi-TV Policy from June 15

Quote:
Tata Sky is discontinuing its multi-TV offering just months after introducing new benefits for subscribers using multiple TV connections by the DTH operator. The new change, which will come into effect from June 15, will bring separate billing for all the existing connections under the multi-TV model. This means if you already have Tata Sky subscription through its multi-TV model, each of your DTH connections will be billed independently starting June 15.
Quote:
Notably, while Tata Sky is set to shut down its serving for subscribers with multiple TV connections, other DTH operators, including Airtel Digital TV and Dish TV, recently redesigned their multi-TV policies to comply with the latest TRAI regulations.
Bad times continue for Tata Sky subscribers.

Link: TataSky Multi TV
Old 7th June 2019, 06:17   #734
BHPian

This decision to keep the multi tv channel selection separate is a double edged sword.
On the one hand you have the freedom to select what you wish to see on each connection thereby hopefully bringing down your rentals as long as one of the connections has lesser number of selected channels than the other connection.
But on the other hand, even if you went wild with the primary connection in the old regime, your secondary connection would be charged a max of Rs 600.
Now if you have the same set of channels on both connections with the costly sports HD & Movie HD packs and you have not been careful in pruning these channels in the second set top box, you could end up paying upwards of Rs 1600 for both.

This is going to get lot more folks to cut their cords.
Old 7th June 2019, 07:03   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

This move by TataSky in compliance with TRAI order to discontinue Multi TV option has come as a blessing in disguise. I changed my pack yesterday and the final bill has come to less than Rs. 400/- . They have new packs catering to it and I wanted a simple Hindi pack so opted for it. I'll soon be revising my main TV channel packs also. This time, the channel selection was very easy using the app.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks