Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 14:11   #631
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

With the HD access fee going up to 175/- I am thinking of switching service providers.

Any inputs on which alternate provider is good ?
Old 17th May 2016, 21:02   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Today, Colours Kannada HD has been added.
But the STB is not able receive signals clearly and its displaying that "no signal" error.
I am only able to view the channel intermittently.
The sky is clear and I'm able to see all the older HD channels including IPL on Sony ESPN without any problem

Anyone else facing this problem?
If it is a general issue, I can give the benefit of doubt to the new channel.
If not, I'll have to call the customer care.
Old 18th May 2016, 14:51   #633
BHPian

Guys.. Need help..

I see that my TS STB started getting switched off intermittently. I suspect this could be due to low signal strength. Is anyone else faced similar issue? Signal strength it shows is around 50-60 and Quality is >90. Technician is asking me to replace STB. Any suggestions?

FYI, I'm on HD+ box.

Regards
SE
Old 18th May 2016, 15:38   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Today, Colours Kannada HD has been added.
But the STB is not able receive signals clearly and its displaying that "no signal" error.
I am only able to view the channel intermittently.
The sky is clear and I'm able to see all the older HD channels including IPL on Sony ESPN without any problem

Anyone else facing this problem?
If it is a general issue, I can give the benefit of doubt to the new channel.
If not, I'll have to call the customer care.
This channel is available for more than 10 days by now, since i saw it in the list.
And there are no problems with the reception at my location.
Old 18th May 2016, 18:40   #635
BHPian

The video quality of some channels are down right pathetic. Video freezes for a sec on clear days. I think moving to mpeg4 or whatever digital format saved them bandwidth, thats all. No improvements from viewer experience.
Old 18th May 2016, 18:57   #636
Senior - BHPian

I recently shifted houses in Bangalore. I have HD+ connection. The previous tenant left his dish and wire and I used it. But the picture is pathetic. Sometimes, the screen just freezes up and shows up the message that is displayed when it rains. It is irritating. Anyone having such issues of late?
Old 19th May 2016, 16:34   #637
Senior - BHPian

I was away to Gurgaon for six weeks where we had Airtel. On my return I find TataSky has lot of new channels, incl many HD.
Old 20th May 2016, 11:30   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I recently shifted houses in Bangalore. I have HD+ connection. The previous tenant left his dish and wire and I used it. But the picture is pathetic. Sometimes, the screen just freezes up and shows up the message that is displayed when it rains. It is irritating. Anyone having such issues of late?
I had an Tata Sky HD connection earlier.It was maybe 4 years go, when I shifted to HD+.
After the upgrade, TS technicians came home and replaced the wiring. It was voluntary and free of cost.
They told that the old wire is not capable of handling the signals.

This may be the same reason. The wire left by earlier occupant may not have been suitable to HD.check with the TS technicians for this

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 20th May 2016 at 11:32.
Old 20th May 2016, 13:02   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had an Tata Sky HD connection earlier.It was maybe 4 years go, when I shifted to HD+.
After the upgrade, TS technicians came home and replaced the wiring. It was voluntary and free of cost.
They told that the old wire is not capable of handling the signals.

This may be the same reason. The wire left by earlier occupant may not have been suitable to HD.check with the TS technicians for this
Many thanks for the reply. Ok, will check with them. Moreover, I see that the transponder for the HD+ dish actually has 2 wires...the technicians have only used one wire in my current connection and used a splitter. May be the cause of the problem. Will call and ask them to check. Tata Sky charges you for everything these days though!
Old 20th May 2016, 13:16   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for the reply. Ok, will check with them. Moreover, I see that the transponder for the HD+ dish actually has 2 wires...the technicians have only used one wire in my current connection and used a splitter. May be the cause of the problem. Will call and ask them to check. Tata Sky charges you for everything these days though!
Even in my STB, they have used a splitter. That's not unusual.
I guess I was not charged anything because I have subscribed from the Annual Mega Pack
Old 27th May 2016, 09:30   #641
BHPian

Folks,

This is not exactly a problem, but more of a query.

My TataSky Mega HD pack is up for renewal. Renewal price (Rs.7990). Any thoughts on the best way to re-charge the account from offers perspective?

When I try to recharge my account via mytatasky.com, I am being asked to select gift vouchers mostly (< 500 bucks) with riders of max discount minimum purchase value etc. Nothing enticing really!

Checked if there are any offers on Paytm without luck.

Suggestions on good alternatives to recharge would be welcome!
Old 7th June 2016, 18:09   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Even in my STB, they have used a splitter. That's not unusual.
I guess I was not charged anything because I have subscribed from the Annual Mega Pack
OK, called the technician - he came, checked and said that the LNB has to be replaced with a super-LNB. Called the helpdesk to order (tech had said it is free) but they said I had to pay. Blasted off a tweet to TataSky and they called back saying they will replace it for free. Tech came the next day to replace and all fine now! Thanks!
Old 7th June 2016, 18:19   #643
Senior - BHPian

Just an update with regards to the coupons one gets while recharging via the Tata Sky portal.

Last month I did the monthly recharge of 411 rupees and had opted for the Dominos pizza coupons. Those did not work. After highlighting the same to the team, I was provided alternate coupons for the Ebay.IN Even they did not work but I did not raise the concern this time.

Is their any alternate sites available from where one can recharge their Tata Sky accounts? After all coupons are always good
Old 7th June 2016, 20:55   #644
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have multi connection HD set up box in my home at Chennai.
I am planning to get another multi connection and going to use it my native some 600 kms far from Chennai.
i have some old Tata sky dish and receiver and set up needs to be purchased.
Whether it will work in anywhere in India or is there any limitations to be used only with the primary set up box and location.
Have any one tried it before.

Benefit: i will shelve out only 200 for Grand Sports otherwise monthly fee will be more than Rs. 600.
Old 8th June 2016, 07:37   #645
BHPian

I'm using HD+ PVR and a plain HD box for last 3 years. Last week got one more HD+ PVR (Transfer) as new multi connection and super LNB installed.

While the HD picture is marvelous on TVs (Sony Bravias all) but i've noticed that SD channels picture - especially the ticker-tapes on news channels (like Times Now) has deteriorated considerably. Specifically, the edges of alphabets on ticker tapes appear jagged. Any clues?

One more question. The HD picture settings in set top box (in User setting dialogue box) has two options - 1080i and 1080p. Should it be interlaced or progressive?

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 8th June 2016 at 07:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks