Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2024, 04:40   #331
BHPian

Re: Crashed SSD - Data Recovery?

Is there any way to recover data from a recently failed SSD.

In the past, I used to keep the failed HDDs in ziplock cover in refrigerator for sometime, and could bring it to life and quickly backup the data.

Are there any tips and tricks to bring it to life for once, and backup the data?

Please advise.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2024, 10:19   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Crashed SSD - Data Recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there any way to recover data from a recently failed SSD. In the past, I used to keep the failed HDDs in ziplock cover in refrigerator for sometime, and could bring it to life and quickly backup the data. Are there any tips and tricks to bring it to life for once, and backup the data
Actually you're out of luck. It depends on what chip has gone bad if it is the SSD controller it can be replaced but if one of the flash memory chips then no because your a part of your data goes with it. No matter what any recovery attempt will be an expensive option.

SSDs are tougher than HDDs and not prone to damage via shocks/drops but still not as reliable as one may believe, they too can experience electronic failures like HDDs. I have experienced failures on both types of devices and USB flash drives too. Always take a backup, preferably multiple backups of your critical data.

PS - also remember SSDs have a finite number of writes. Always keep an eye on info that using a manufacturer recommended utlity.

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th October 2024 at 10:21. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks