Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2024, 23:05   #10306
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Anyone who has bought a Bosch washing machine recently -- what kind of noise does the motor make?
Update: the Bosch varioInverter motors are indeed brushless, for anyone interested. Quieter than even my LG Direct Drive.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 13:19   #10307
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been using instant water heaters and while they get the job done, i am wary of the life,with one heater already conking off. The water in our house is also very hard which compounds problems. Is a storage type heater better than an instant heater when it comes to hard water? What measures can i take to solve this hard water problem?
Old 28th July 2024, 14:01   #10308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_max View Post
I have been using instant water heaters and while they get the job done, i am wary of the life,with one heater already conking off. The water in our house is also very hard which compounds problems. Is a storage type heater better than an instant heater when it comes to hard water? What measures can i take to solve this hard water problem?
You can use a bathroom water softener for inlet to the heater. Another thing is to periodic descale heater which can prolong it's life. If you want to go with storage heater then go for heater with glass lining which can handle hard water better. I have been using AO Smith 25 ltr heater and quite happy with it.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th July 2024 at 14:08.
Old 3rd August 2024, 03:00   #10309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
A question on RO - If I don't change my filter for 2 years (due to less usage) while the TDS still is at acceptable levels, is that okay? I want to understand if TDS levels are direct indicator of filter health.
Sorry, I'm replying a bit late but hopefully this should still be helpful. I've been using an RO filter for almost a decade now and wrt changing the membrane, I would say, change the membrane "as needed" to the nearest year or 6 month interval.
The best way to check if your membrane is using a TDS meter. Get one off Amazon. HM digital is a good brand but has a lot of fakes. An original one will cost you Rs 800-1000.

If you have a filter with adjustable TDS and have hard water, then set it in the 100-200 TDS range.
If, like me you live in a place with soft water (under 100-150) then set it to around half your input water. My logic behind this is that while the water might be soft, you don't know what other nonsense is mixed into it at the source, pipes, water tank, etc. so let's minimise that by cutting it in half !!
We anyways get enough minerals from food or supplements, the water need not be a primary source.
TDS just tells you how MUCH is dissolved in the water, not WHAT is dissolved in the water.

Now once you have set your preferred TDS, check it once a month, especially around the one year mark. If it starts to creep up, you know it's time to change the membrane. At the same time you should be regularly checking your tap water because if the TDS of the input water has increased, so will the filter output and it doesn't mean that your membrane is failing. You will get an idea over time on seasonal variations in TDS.
Also skip any copper pro plus and alkaline turbo injection because it's unnecessary quack nonsense. Just plain filtered water is needed.

The schedule I follow is :

Sediment and Carbon changed yearly.
RO membrane changed every 2 years
UF and Post carbon once in 2-3 years
UV every 3 years or when it blows
Prefilter every 4 months

This is for a consumption pattern of 5 people plus maids, guests, cooking, etc.

Besides usage and wear and tear, chlorine in our water is the next biggest cause of membrane failure which is why it's important to change the carbon candle without fail. I use the screw type prefilter candles because those are available with carbon along with the mesh.
I line up the service so that it happens at the start of the monsoon which is when we are most likely to get bad water.

Hope this helps
Mortis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 20:07   #10310
Lij
BHPian

How is the after sales service experience of the members here for LG home appliances? I have been facing issue with my top loader washing machine and had raised a service request 4 days ago. I am yet to get even a single call from their service center or service engineer yet.

Have escalated through their chat service, customer support and even twitter, no luck!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks