Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2024, 02:27   #10276
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Has anyone heard / used Peore Water Purifiers?

We're replacing our Eureka Forbes RO, and are contemplating using a non-RO water purifier for a) reducing water wastage, b) consuming less dead water.

Came across Peore who boast , but they don't have a showroom / display products in Pune; they do have a service network though.

We might get a UV+UF purifier, considering Kent for now; anything better? (We get predominantly municipal corporation water, with the occasional tanker - although majority tanker water in the summer).
Even I have seen the Peore filters and am curious to try them out. Do give us a review if you get one.

Pune has pretty hard water if I'm not mistaken. An RO filter is kind of ideal in those situations. Do you have a TDS meter ? If not then get one and check out the readings for raw water as well as the output from your filter. Ideally water in the 100-150 TDS range is decent and 50-100 range is good.
If you want to reduce water wastage from your RO unit then a custom one with dual membranes in series would be ideal.
The Peore filters seem to have different models based on the TDS of your raw water. I don't think different membranes are used for each model, most likely has a TDS control valve in fixed settings
Old 7th July 2024, 13:50   #10277
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am buying a Samsung 653L Side by Side Refrigerator.

I need to buy a stabilizer for this. Please suggest.

PS: I have a spare AC stabilizer (1.5T), will it work?

The Home Appliance thread-screenshot-4651.png
Old 7th July 2024, 14:55   #10278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys,

Attachment 2624832
It will work but its kind of overkill. Usually AC stabilizers will not have a 5A socket, they will only have a terminal to connect the wire, so you may need to use a external socket box.

Samsung inverter fridges do not require a stabilizer.

Last edited by DIY410 : 7th July 2024 at 14:58.
DIY410 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 17:18   #10279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Attachment 2624832
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
It will work but its kind of overkill. Usually AC stabilizers will not have a 5A socket, they will only have a terminal to connect the wire, so you may need to use a external socket box.

AC stabilizer may be different and may not suite other appliance. Please chose a proper capacity stabilizer matching your fridge wattage.
Although manufacturers claim about stabilizer free operation but take it with a pinch of salt. Inbuilt protection is very minimalist for minor fluctuations only. It is always recommend to use external stabilizer for expensive appliances as it protects appliances during wider range of voltage fluctuations. There are very sensitive parts/panel/motherboard in appliances now a days so it is better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th July 2024 at 17:29.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 15:43   #10280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It is always recommend to use external stabilizer for expensive appliances as it protects appliances during wider range of voltage fluctuations.
Thank you guys. Installation person called and offered Samsung care (extended warranty) at 40% discount. Is it worth it? There are 1/2/3/4 year options. Compressor already has 20 years warranty.

https://www.samsung.com/in/offer/ce-care-packs/

The Home Appliance thread-screenshot-4699.png
Old 11th July 2024, 17:36   #10281
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys. Installation person called and offered Samsung care (extended warranty) at 40% discount. Is it worth it? There are 1/2/3/4 year options. Compressor already has 20 years warranty.

https://www.samsung.com/in/offer/ce-care-packs/

Attachment 2626252
Refrigerators last a long time, my samsung inverter fridge is 9 years old and running fine. It's a waste to get extended warranty on a fridge.
DIY410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 18:20   #10282
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Reg the mixie - we went for Panasonic. Which ever you take, my suggestion - check the drive mechanism where the base couples with the jar. I've got tired of replacing those flimsy plastic bits on our previous mixie. The Panasonic has the old style rubber coupler.
Can you possibly give me the model number of the one you bought? All Panasonic mixers that I have seen on Youtube so far seem to be having the plastic coupler.
Old 12th July 2024, 08:31   #10283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Can you possibly give me the model number of the one you bought?
Its the MX -AC400. Hope this helps.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 12:41   #10284
BHPian

Quote:

Your refrigerator probably consumes about 120 VA and the regular 500 VA stabilizer will do the job.

Inverter Fridges and ACs theoretically don't need any stabilizers as they have chopper power supply which can operate between 170 - 260 V without any issue unlike the earlier fixed speed compressors.

A lower supply voltage or a much higher supply voltage would result in burnt out compressors in the fixed speed types.

But our mains supply is anything but fixed. We have frequent power disruption - some lasting less than a few seconds. The momentary interruption will cause overload and failure of power electronics. This is where the stabilizers come with their delayed start feature.

If you plan to use your 1.5 KVA Stabilizer, you can use that with modification to the output to a 15 A socket. But it consumes about 50 VA compared with the 500 VA stabilizer which consumes about 20 VA - saving of 30 W per hour or about 21 units per month.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 12:59   #10285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Your refrigerator probably consumes about 120 VA and the regular 500 VA stabilizer will do the job.
You mean a 653 liter Inverter Refrigerator will need just 500 VA stabilizer?

If this is the case, I have a 1 KVA stabilizer (Input range:170 - 280V) from my current 310L (Gross) Refrigerator, can that be used?

Also, listing of my 653L Refrigerator says "Stabilizer Free Operation (100v - 300v)". So, using it without stabilizer is a better idea or should I use it with 1 KVA old stabilizer (Input range:170 - 280V)?

PS: For 600L+ Refrigerators, Amazon and V-Guard suggests 1500VA stabilizer.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 12th July 2024 at 13:01.
Old 12th July 2024, 14:15   #10286
BHPian

Quote:
You mean a 653 liter Inverter Refrigerator will need just 500 VA stabilizer?
I tried in Samsung site as well as Amazon and I can't find any information about its consumption and hence used the generic fridge of similar size as reference.

Quote:
If this is the case, I have a 1 KVA stabilizer (Input range:170 - 280V) from my current 310L (Gross) Refrigerator, can that be used?

Also, listing of my 653L Refrigerator says "Stabilizer Free Operation (100v - 300v)". So, using it without stabilizer is a better idea or should I use it with 1 KVA old stabilizer (Input range:170 - 280V)?

I made the suggestion that you can use a stabilizer primarily for the time delay start and low/high cutout only.

And check the power consumption of the intended Fridge. Allow about 20 % extra margin and decide the size of the stabilizer.

If you already have a similar size AC stabilizer, go ahead and use it. You will need to make a connection to the socket taking the wire from the output of the Stabilizer to the Fridge mains socket.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 10:56   #10287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is right. No stabilizer required in the 100V-300V range of input. I doubt the mains would fluctuate more than that. Just to be safe get a "surge protector" preferably with a high voltage cutoff. That would work against sudden current surges that are what harms the devices.

Our refrigerators have been working without stabilizers for more than five decades. Even our air conditioners are run without stabilizers (we now have 5 Inverter AC's and one inverter Refrigerator).

In fact the only time we had problems were when stabilizers were used with an air conditioner 20 years ago. After that we never used a stabilizer.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 23:09   #10288
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who has bought a Bosch washing machine recently -- what kind of noise does the motor make?

A little concerned because they have replaced the 'EcoSilence Drive' label with 'varioInverter' on the new line of machines (with white LEDs) and I can't figure out if it's just a rebrand or if they have moved back to a universal motor. This one is for my grandparents so brushless is non-negotiable.
Old 21st July 2024, 10:22   #10289
Senior - BHPian

First time I saw this type of public adv for calling out deficiency in a product. This was published in today's TOI.
Sad to see a reputed company failing to meet the standards !
Good to see that govt agencies are working proactively for consumer protection
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-20240721_101933.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st July 2024 at 10:30.
Aviator_guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 11:10   #10290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
ust to be safe get a "surge protector" preferably with a high voltage cutoff. That would work against sudden current surges that are what harms the devices.
Can you recommend a good surge protector for appliances?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks