Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2024, 11:58   #10261
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Hi - Checking for dehumidifier suggestions. I live in Mumbai since monsoon, the humidity is extremely high. We use moisture absorbers in the cupboards, cars etc. but I am thinking of a more permanent solution. There aren't too many options and I don't want to spend too much as well. I came across these two options (I know these look quite flimsy, but it is what it is), if anyone has a suggestion wherein products are in similar price range, please share.

https://www.amazon.in/Techzere-Elect...9814635&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.in/INKBIRDPLUS-De...5&sr=8-15&th=1
Old 1st July 2024, 12:24   #10262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - Checking for dehumidifier suggestions. I live in Mumbai since monsoon, the humidity is extremely high. We use moisture absorbers in the cupboards, cars etc. but I am thinking of a more permanent solution. There aren't too many options and I don't want to spend too much as well. I came across these two options (I know these look quite flimsy, but it is what it is), if anyone has a suggestion wherein products are in similar price range, please share.
I always thought an air-conditioner to be a good enough dehumidifier(??). Why no try to check if that helps if you already have one in the room.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 14:13   #10263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
If I do not put the timer on and run it for few (4-6) hours and try to shut it down, it does not turn off. I see the "off" icon but the air flow keeps coming and the swing flap is open.
Any suggestions or solutions? Or is it a feature. Please Help.
In Panasonic AC, the Controller wants to clean the IDU by running the compressor and the IDU for some time (usually about 3- 5 minutes) before shutting down completely. Only thing you can notice is the slits will be partially closed. I have a 3 panasonic AC and they all do this. Some times they will decide to shut down with out any fanfare.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 14:31   #10264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
In Panasonic AC...Some times they will decide to shut down with out any fanfare.
Yes you are right. It took me a while to find a Youtube video to explain what that was. Thank you!

Also, new query. Does the fan make more noise in the auto speed mode than in high speed mode? Is it normal?
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:44   #10265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I always thought an air-conditioner to be a good enough dehumidifier(??). Why no try to check if that helps if you already have one in the room.
We have actually used AC in the past for this very purpose, but the biggest limiting factor is that we have to shut the relevant room and use it. I live at a higher floor have a fantastic cross ventilation which I will not be able to enjoy if I shut my doors throughout. Also, with a dehumidifier I can leave it switched on while going on office and during the monsoon rotate it in different different locations (kitchen included).
youknowitbetter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:44   #10266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Yes you are right. It took me a while to find a Youtube video to explain what that was. Thank you!

Also, new query. Does the fan make more noise in the auto speed mode than in high speed mode? Is it normal?
Yes. In the beginning, it makes more sound as it runs in higher speed and after some time, it slows down.
From the beginning, I tend to trust the microprocessors to control the appliances they are in charge of.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:53   #10267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have actually used AC in the past for this very purpose, but the biggest limiting factor is that we have to shut the relevant room and use it. I live at a higher floor have a fantastic cross ventilation which I will not be able to enjoy if I shut my doors throughout. Also, with a dehumidifier I can leave it switched on while going on office and during the monsoon rotate it in different different locations (kitchen included).
Right, valid point. But wouldn’t keeping the doors/ ventilation open, you introduce more moisture into the room, only to be again dehimified?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:53   #10268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yes. In the beginning, it makes more sound as it runs in higher speed and after some time, it slows down.
From the beginning, I tend to trust the microprocessors to control the appliances they are in charge of.
Thanks again! May be I am noticing it too much. When they said "silent" operation, I expected it to be silent through out

I can now sleep in peace knowing the fact.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:59   #10269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Right, valid point. But wouldn’t keeping the doors/ ventilation open, you introduce more moisture into the room, only to be again dehimified?
Not really actually. On of the recommendations for moisture prone spaces is to ensure ventilation. The problem arises only when moisture is trapped into isolated places etc. So I plan to use it in rooms were ventilation is limited or just next to cupboards so that moisture gets (literally) sucked in by dehumidifier.
youknowitbetter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 17:12   #10270
Distinguished - BHPian

Our bedroom has had a damp feel/smell for a long time. We run AC in the room almost every day for sleeping and naps. I have long meant to install an extractor fan in the bathroom attached to that bedroom.

Finally got around to it a few weeks ago. It's a four-inch fan with louvres to prevent insects coming in when it is off. We run it every day and could feel the difference from the start. Sheets feel dry, bed feels fresh, air feels clean.

If you already have really good cross-ventilation, then this may not be the answer for you, but for us, that room was never well ventilated and the fan is the perfect answer.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 17:39   #10271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really actually. On of the recommendations for moisture prone spaces is to ensure ventilation. The problem arises only when moisture is trapped into isolated places etc. So I plan to use it in rooms were ventilation is limited or just next to cupboards so that moisture gets (literally) sucked in by dehumidifier.
We've quite literally had various contractors come in the last week or so about converting our damp, dark cellar and one of them said clearly that beyond the waterproof membrane and tanking, they'd recommend installing extractor fans. One at the front of the house on reverse mode to pull fresh air in and another on the garden side on normal mode to expel air and thus create a natural air pressure gradient to constantly ensure no moist air just settles in the space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Finally got around to it a few weeks ago. It's a four-inch fan with louvres to prevent insects coming in when it is off. We run it every day and could feel the difference from the start. Sheets feel dry, bed feels fresh, air feels clean.
We had one of those piddly extractor fans in the bathroom at our old place, moment you'd turn the hot tap on it'd fog up the entire room. Once the landlord realised that their shortcuts on not insulating the roof meant they'd have to repeatedly redo the ceiling paint, they sent a contractor to crack open a big ol' hole in the wall and a whopping big extractor fan in it - think the chunky units that used to be in kitchens back in the day, pre-hood era. Never had the fogging up and condensation issue again.
ads11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 00:21   #10272
BHPian

I recently purchased an LG dishwasher and the demo guy is suggesting I take up the AMC for 2+3 years at an 11K (discount), against the 15K original price.
He is not providing any PDF/ AMC contract details etc, checking on the website, shows 9.5K for 3 years AMC.

Planning to call up LG customer care tomorrow and get full clarity on this matter.
For new LG products, the AMC can be taken only if you are within 30 days of the billing date.

Just a piece of advice for anyone facing scaling issues with Bosch machines, please do not use the Finish/Rinse it brand of detergent kit, stick to OEM ones, they are better & avoid this issue.
Old 4th July 2024, 07:46   #10273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
I recently purchased an LG dishwasher and the demo guy is suggesting I take up the AMC for 2+3 years at an 11K (discount), against the 15K original price.
He is not providing any PDF/ AMC contract details etc, checking on the website, shows 9.5K for 3 years AMC.

Planning to call up LG customer care tomorrow and get full clarity on this matter.
For new LG products, the AMC can be taken only if you are within 30 days of the billing date.

Just a piece of advice for anyone facing scaling issues with Bosch machines, please do not use the Finish/Rinse it brand of detergent kit, stick to OEM ones, they are better & avoid this issue.

Go directly to the dealer you purchased the LG dishwasher or call customer care. I am also using LG Dishwasher since a year and the company gives warranty of two years and you can get another 3 years extra warranty.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 08:59   #10274
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone heard / used Peore Water Purifiers?

We're replacing our Eureka Forbes RO, and are contemplating using a non-RO water purifier for a) reducing water wastage, b) consuming less dead water.

Came across Peore who boast , but they don't have a showroom / display products in Pune; they do have a service network though.

We might get a UV+UF purifier, considering Kent for now; anything better? (We get predominantly municipal corporation water, with the occasional tanker - although majority tanker water in the summer).
Old 4th July 2024, 11:35   #10275
Senior - BHPian

Bosch is giving Finish/Rinse it brand kit free with the machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks