Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:41   #9721
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I just placed my first Atomberg 1400 renesa order today, delivery expected on Sat. Based on experience, I may order for more units. As per my assessment for your master bedroom size I would go for 1400.
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:08   #9722
BANNED

Today, I broke the glass tray on top of the vegetable tray at the bottom of my 290 Litre Godrej Eon Fridge. Anyone has any idea how much I should expect to pay for a replacement?
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:20   #9723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Today, I broke the glass tray on top of the vegetable tray at the bottom of my 290 Litre Godrej Eon Fridge. Anyone has any idea how much I should expect to pay for a replacement?
Measure it. Use knots on a string, or be accurate down to an mm and go to a glass / hardware shop where they sell sheet glass. Buy toughened glad or polycarbonate sheets. More than the area of glass, the cost will be to smoothening the edges. The glass might cost between 20-60 per square feet area, but the smoothening costs will be similar, in running feet aka perimeter. You'll probably get a choice between rough matt finish and polished finish. They might show samples too. Long time since I bought glass, so this is a wild guesstimate.

I think you'll need 4 mm thickness. Again guess.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:36   #9724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I vaguely remember paying 600 odd for a tray and 2000 odd for the vegetable box in my Samsung.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:11   #9725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Measure it. Use knots on a string, or be accurate down to an mm and go to a glass / hardware shop where they sell sheet glass. Buy toughened glad or polycarbonate sheets. More than the area of glass, the cost will be to smoothening the edges. The glass might cost between 20-60 per square feet area, but the smoothening costs will be similar, in running feet aka perimeter. You'll probably get a choice between rough matt finish and polished finish. They might show samples too. Long time since I bought glass, so this is a wild guesstimate.

I could suggest a transparent fiberglass sheet too. Cut to size and easy to file, less prone to breakage.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:28   #9726
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Don't think I am capable of this. Even with a slight mistake, I would have to make 2-3 runs to the shop. I was just wondering if I have to call the Godrej mechanic & pay his visiting charges etc? Or if I can just buy the part from somewhere. The part doesn't require any fitting.
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:25   #9727
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think I am capable of this. Even with a slight mistake, I would have to make 2-3 runs to the shop. I was just wondering if I have to call the Godrej mechanic & pay his visiting charges etc? Or if I can just buy the part from somewhere. The part doesn't require any fitting.
The customer care should be able to tell whether this part is available or not and its cost without a technician visit.
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:34   #9728
BHPian

Quote:
You can raise an online request for service and local service office will call you before sending a technician. At that point you can find out the availability of part and if they just charge for the part or technician home visit as well (Rs 550/- in Hyd, I had the fridge repaired last week).
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:40   #9729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't think I am capable of this. Even with a slight mistake, I would have to make 2-3 runs to the shop.
With toughened glass, you don't get a second chance. It cannot be further cut after the toughening process.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:27   #9730
BHPian

I recently got a 10mm toughened glass for my dining table (its triangular, so hard to measure), but lets say i was charged for about 50sqft of glass. It costed about 8k - going by that, it should be about 150 per sq ft, for 10mm glass.

For fridge, its usually 4mm or 5 mm - you can measure and see. So, my wild guess is that it should be 40 to 50 Rs / sqft totally. This kind of aligns with BackSeatdriver's estimates too.

So unless the part itself is over 1000 or so, i would not worry about going this route. However, if part rate is high or its unavailable, then this should work well too. Just make sure its toughened glass. The way they do it is, they cut the glass first and then send it through a process of toughening - so thats when you cannot make any more changes or cut it further. Then replace any other accessories like any plastic edge wrappers or linings from the old one to the new one (if the old one had any).
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:20   #9731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Planning to go for Atomberg Fans but not sure if I should opt for 1400mm fans for the master bedrooms (11*16) and has no wardrobes in them but seating for 2 with a coffee table. 1200mm ones are ok for all other rooms. Has anybody used the 1400mm fans as I am getting mixed opinions on fan speed & noise.
I have just installed the 1400 mm one. Speed is good, wind coverage is good because of larger blades.
Sound: I used the sound meter app and here are the findings:
Status. Sound
Off. 38dB
2 pts. 41 dB
4 pts. 53 dB (sufficient)
6 pts. 59 dB (boost mode)

Compared to top speed 1200 fans in other rooms:
Crompton BLDC. 57 dB
Superfan BLDC. 59 dB

The breeze coverage of Atomberg at speed 4 appears to be better than other 2 at top speed. The breeze coverage at the edge of room is better.

What I don't like is a slight wobble noticeable when if I look at the fan, which is not there in the other fans (can't say why). Am going to watch progress a bit more.

Will shift it to another room to check the wobble. Conclusion: Sound and breeze coverage is good. Slight wobble needs to be analyzed.
ajayc123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:42   #9732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
What I don't like is a slight wobble noticeable when if I look at the fan, which is not there in the other fans (can't say why). Am going to watch progress a bit more.
Was it installed by company technicians? Happened in my case due to incorrect installation. Quoting my experience from earlier this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I recently bought an Atomberg off of Amazon which doesn’t offer free installation. You can try to buy it directly from their site, where they do offer a free install.

In my case, my neighbourhood electrician botched up the install and the fan was wobbling at higher speeds. I raised a complaint via their site for warranty and they promptly sent over a technician who set it right. The culprit was an extra ‘s’ clamp which this new fan didn’t need.
Old 25th September 2022, 14:02   #9733
BHPian

I have self installed it, but I can sense the the slight wobble is possibly because of the S clamp which is just hanging on the rebars ( in the ceiling) which is slightly deep and ths shackle grip on the clamp is not very good. I am likely to shift it to another room. I will engage the company technician if needed, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 25th September 2022 at 14:05.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:34   #9734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Am looking to buy this during the sales. One question though.
I believe Flipkart's in-house Jeeves techs were supposed to come, but I got tired of waiting and installed it myself. Pure plug and play as LobsterB has pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Neither Flipkart or manufacturer will send an installer as far as I understand, but then there isn't much of an installation required either... It is almost an open the package and plugin case, if you don't plan any ducting for the air vent.
Very true, was up and running in 10 minutes flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Has anybody used the 1400mm fans as I am getting mixed opinions on fan speed & noise.
In my experience, the 1400 mm fans provide way more air circulation. Not noisy either.

Quote:
You'll have to pay for the part and the tech visit, even though he will probably only place it without any real work required. My experience was with Samsung. The other option is to place and order and physically collect from their distribution center. In my case, it was not feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
The customer care should be able to tell whether this part is available or not and its cost without a technician visit.
Very true.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 09:28   #9735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I have just installed the 1400 mm one. Speed is good, wind coverage is good because of larger blades.

Slight wobble needs to be analyzed.
I also got a Renesa 1400 last week from a Local Dealer and his Electrician installed it. There was a wobble in my case as well of the Down Rod and Motor Unit. Not extreme, but easily noticeable. Raised a Ticket wit Atomberg, who sent a Technician and as per his diagnosis, there was some misalignment in the 3 blades and he measured them from top of ceiling to align them properly. Post which the wobble has significantly reduced by say 80% compared to earlier. There is still a slight wobble if observed very closely. His comment was there will be a slight wobble due to weight of the motor and the long blades in the 1400 unit. Not sure if that's true, but i didn't press further and left it at that.
I have similar observations of this Fan regarding Coverage and Speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks