Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 21:50   #8611
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
My washing machine starts rotating every time we wash ...
You mean it is shifting out of that corner to the position we see? It is taking itself for a walk? Does it shake, rattle and roll as it does it? A vibrating washing machine can actually destroy stuff around it!

The first thing you must do is make sure it is absolutely level. Not by eye, but by spirit level. Back to front and side to side. Keep the foot screws as screwed in as possible: they are there to level the machine, not to raise it.

If this does not work, you need to call the service people. But if you have levelled the machine accurately, do not let them spoil that. I bet they don't have a spirit level!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 22:18   #8612
BHPian

Quote:
My washing machine starts rotating every time we wash the cloths, currently using LG front load washing machine, each time we wash it get rotate . I have tried keeping it on a stand but still it facing the same issue, Any suggestion .
We had the same problem. I got the wheels removed, made sure the base was flat and also bought small rubber pads to keep below the machine.

Also, another thing that we noticed is that the machine moves a lot if it is overloaded or carries very less load. So we are careful in how much we load into the machine.
Old 15th February 2021, 22:43   #8613
Distinguished - BHPian

We had a bad LG. It shook violently and it could not be fixed. I got this product: Silent Feet, but an expensive solution at around US$45. It did work at keeping the machine in place.

I was glad to get rid of that machine! Even the Bosch that I got in early 2016 will shake if it is lightly loaded with something absorbent. I think it's impossible for the machine to balance that situation.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th February 2021 at 22:44.
Old 16th February 2021, 11:16   #8614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
What is a inverter fan? If they have magnets in them they are BLDC. Only the regular induction fans don't. There is no such thing as a inverter Fan.

I have installed BLDC fans from nearly all manufactures.
. I checked the difference between an inverter fan & BLDC. Both motors seem the same. But inverter fans work with regulator & BLDC with remote. Manufacturers are selling these two under different make/models. Hope you can clarify this.
Quote:
My washing machine starts rotating every time we wash the cloths, currently using LG front load washing machine, each time we wash it get rotate . I have tried keeping it on a stand but still it facing the same issue, Any suggestion .
We have couple of LG FL WM. All are installed on a stand and don't move in any wash cycle. In fact, they run silent & barely noticeable. These are on bathroom floor tiles, utility floor tiles. Are tiles anything to do in your case?

Last edited by msdivy : 16th February 2021 at 11:35.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 11:22   #8615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We had a bad LG.
When was it purchased? I used to be a big LG fan - my parents have had LG for a long time & I also had a couple of old LG purchases which worked out great, but my experiences with LG purchases in the last 4-5 years have been quite bad. So I have moved to Samsung for any new appliance purchase.
Old 16th February 2021, 11:47   #8616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
When was it purchased? I used to be a big LG fan
I don't remember, but it was replaced after the 2015 flood, so some years before that. We got it back to working condition, with help of our local AC/etc engineer and it did do most of the the massive amount of post-flood washing that December. But I replaced it as soon as I could.

My wife wanted to give it away. But one doesn't pass on a really bad car to a friend, and the same goes for washing machines!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 16th February 2021 at 11:48.
Old 16th February 2021, 12:35   #8617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Almost all fully automatic machines have a setting by which you can just do the spin cycle while not doing the earlier washing cycles. Or just rinse and spin.
This is good to know. But still Semi-auto will have less electronics while Fully Auto will have a costlier PCB to replace in case of post warranty repair. So preferring Semi-auto.

Which is good brand currently? preferably less rusting parts.
Old 16th February 2021, 12:48   #8618
BHPian

Quote:
Any washing machine, whether top loading or center loading will have this problem. The weight distribution of the wet cloth is uneven and that's why it happens. When the machine starts walking, you need to stop and redistribute the wet cloths so that the vibrations would eventually settle down. No other remedy to this problem.
Old 17th February 2021, 17:28   #8619
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to folks with a LG convection microwave oven:

My mom uses the Microwave to roast peanuts. Was easy on our old Panasonic. But not able to figure out how with this one. Earlier, used to just run the mW for required duration and they used to get roasted. But this one is taking way tooo much time.

It;s a 28L convection unit.
Old 17th February 2021, 17:38   #8620
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Any washing machine, whether top loading or center loading will have this problem
My current washing machine, an IFB top loader, doesn't have this problem. My earlier LG had it occasionally & only towards the end of the cycle for a few minute & that too not all the time. My parent's machines have never had this problem (they have had Godrej & then Samsung).
Old 17th February 2021, 18:59   #8621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question to folks with a LG convection microwave oven:

My mom uses the Microwave to roast peanuts. Was easy on our old Panasonic. But not able to figure out how with this one. Earlier, used to just run the mW for required duration and they used to get roasted. But this one is taking way tooo much time.

It;s a 28L convection unit.

Are you using the convection mode? All it takes to make good roasted peanuts is just the microwave mode (so even a solo MWO of any make will do). A batch of 250 to 300 gms. should take only 6-7 minutes at high power.

Depending on the hotspot problem with your particular model, it would take less or more frequent intervention during roasting. I've done it countless times with different brands of MWO. Hope this helps.
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 19:02   #8622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
This is good to know. But still Semi-auto will have less electronics while Fully Auto will have a costlier PCB to replace in case of post warranty repair. So preferring Semi-auto.

Which is good brand currently? preferably less rusting parts.
Have been using the Reliance branded (Reconnect) 9kg semi automatic one for the past 4 years. Got it for 9.5k and its served more than it's worth till now. It's a beast and seems to gobble up everything we throw at it. Looks reasonably stylish and haven't seen any rusting as of now. Only issue is that the water inlet pipe is too narrow. Too much pressure and it comes off, too little and it takes a long time to fill the cavernous tub.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:44   #8623
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for induction stove (electric) friendly cookware. Which brand should I look for? Almost everything on amazon says induction friendly.
Old 20th February 2021, 18:40   #8624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking for induction stove (electric) friendly cookware. Which brand should I look for? Almost everything on amazon says induction friendly.
There are a lot of choices out there! Can't say about the others as I have no experience with them but my mother has been using some Vinod induction compatible - some big bowls and one kadai IIRC - and they have been working fine. They are of stainless steel.

Guys, I also need recommendations for a refrigerator. Had been using a Godrej Eon double door for last 15 years and it worked fine with few problems. Nothing fancy, a simple double door one.
How have been your experiences with LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Panasonic, Haier refrigerators?
Old 20th February 2021, 20:40   #8625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking for induction stove (electric) friendly cookware.
Purchased these recently and a couple of Hawkins cookers.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0811TY4ZY
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07PB6BW5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
... ( so am willing to go for a 5 star ac for them).
I would recommend you go with 3 Star as the price difference in some brands are pretty significant and dont think you will ever recover the difference in savings. I purchased a MHI 5 star inverter model for my room two years back and my kids room has a 15 year old 3 star non inverter Daikin. I have these wifi switches that note the units consumed and found that the units consumed is marginally lower for the 5 star. I was pretty disappointed. We use the acs 365 days of the year at nights and in summer during the days as well during apr to june or so.
Moreover the new MHI started rusting inside and may not survive long enough to try and recover the additional investment.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks