Old 7th July 2020, 12:57   #7951
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I have been looking for Bosch dishwashers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Just now saw in Reliance Digital it says 11th July to 13th July prebooking and delivery to start from 28th July 2020. Opportunity used by Bosch or Reliance to earn more money but it costs now Rs. 40990/- in Reliance Digital site. BTW, I've prebooked in Bosch website for this model. Don't know if I will be considered on priority.
Why don't you guys consider Siemens? Bosch and Siemens are the same and the Siemens variant goes for 38k. I got mine for 34.5 from Croma last week of May. They're right about the delivery timeline; the Siemens Area Manager told me they expect fresh imports only towards end of July or later. The machines are first assigned to Bosch/Siemens (priority will be replacements for faulty/damaged machines) who then allocate them to vendors.

A lot of people picked up display/demo units from retailers and most of these units turned out damaged so are queued for replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Even that can be set to use minimal and machine then uses accordingly.
The machine utilizes salt and rinse aid by itself, there's no setting for me to decide how much is to be used. I was wondering about the need for both in the first place. I've been using the machine without the salt for about a month, and without the rinse aid for about two weeks, no residue either because of salt or post warming.

What about descaling? Technician mentioned once a month / three months.

I've been using the IFB Essentials Dishwasher detergent, works out cheaper than the tablets/pods. If I have to use the rinse aid and salt, will order the IFB one.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th July 2020 at 12:58.
Old 7th July 2020, 13:16   #7952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why don't you guys consider Siemens? Bosch and Siemens are the same and the Siemens variant goes for 38k.
Even Siemens are not in stock. The prices might be high for that as well I guess.

I am looking for people from Hyderabad who can join in for negotiations so that smaller price can be reached.
Old 7th July 2020, 13:18   #7953
BHPian

Quote:
A lot of people picked up display/demo units from retailers and most of these units turned out damaged so are queued for replacement.
In current situation I dont want to visit the retailer shop or godown and would prefer to ask the retailer to home deliver the selected model (I am not too particular about any color)
Is there any way I can ensure that the retailer does not deliver me a demo unit?
Old 7th July 2020, 13:28   #7954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The machine utilizes salt and rinse aid by itself, there's no setting for me to decide how much is to be used. I was wondering about the need for both in the first place. I've been using the machine without the salt for about a month, and without the rinse aid for about two weeks, no residue either because of salt or post warming.

What about descaling? Technician mentioned once a month / three months.

I've been using the IFB Essentials Dishwasher detergent, works out cheaper than the tablets/pods. If I have to use the rinse aid and salt, will order the IFB one.
All machines have a setting for water hardness and rinse aid usage. The siemens with digital display have this:

The Home Appliance thread-whatsapp-image-20200707-13.17.19-1.jpeg

The Home Appliance thread-whatsapp-image-20200707-13.17.19.jpeg

Ideally you don't need to descale if you have the softener and use salt.

Descaling is more important for washing machine.

You can however run a dishwasher cleaning cycle every 6 months.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:29   #7955
BHPian

Quote:

The machine utilizes salt and rinse aid by itself, there's no setting for me to decide how much is to be used.
You can adjust the salt dosing according to the water hardness. Similarly you can adjust the Rinse-aid dosing. It's there in the user manual. See this youtube video :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any suggestions for a good Expresso Coffee maker. I am partial to Krups but do not find it on Amazon. I have been hit with a poor machine in the pasty.
The Tecnora TCM 107 seems to have good reviews on Amazon if your budget is within 10K.
Else there is Delonghi. They have service presence in India.

Last edited by archat68 : 7th July 2020 at 13:34.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 00:05   #7956
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for a good Expresso Coffee maker. I am partial to Krups but do not find it on Amazon. I have been hit with a poor machine in the pasty.
Why Krups? Please share your previous experience with Krups, if any.
I am using a Gaggia fully automatic mostly. I also own a Saeco semi-automatic.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:49   #7957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Why Krups? Please share your previous experience with Krups, if any.
I am using a Gaggia fully automatic mostly. I also own a Saeco semi-automatic.
I have had four Krups in the past 30 years. The last is a large (four cup) size and during ouR shift from Kanpur-Gurugram I have lost the filter cup. Maybe I will look for a Morphy Richards which is a good brand, and uses the same cup size.
Old 8th July 2020, 13:03   #7958
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe I will look for a Morphy Richards which is a good brand, and uses the same cup size.
I have a Morphy Richards, the 15 bar steam one. The model is discontinued now. From starting I never got a perfect brew. I tried several coffees, grinds and finally even bought a Encore grinder to customize the grind but it never yielded good result. It is now lying unused.
Old 8th July 2020, 18:54   #7959
BHPian

Hi all. Can someone suggest a good Garment Steamer. Or what are the spec that I should keep in mind while getting one.I haven't used one yet , so those who have got one already could you please throw some lights on pros and cons of it against conventional iron box.

Last edited by kamilharis : 8th July 2020 at 19:00.
Old 8th July 2020, 21:42   #7960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Would really appreciate a first hand out of the box review please... It means you should clean your house with this at least once as soon as the box arrives!!!
I am in the same boat, and somehow find it galling to spend close to 40-50 k on a vacuum cleaner.
This little fella can really suck. I tried it on my fabric sofa and the .4l container was almost half full with dust!! We were astonished. For 20k it seems decent choice. The build quality is pretty high and seems like it can last a few years. (Though some nagging compromises are there, esp the dust container design. It's very poor by the high standards of the rest of the product)

It has become a new toy for my kids! They spent better part of the day today littering tiny thermocol pieces all around and then vacuuming them!!
Old 11th July 2020, 10:03   #7961
KPR
BANNED

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask. I need suggestion for good handy steamer/vapourizer. Main usage will be as an inhalation remedy when I'm infected with cold/cough/nose blockage. There are many steamers available in amazon at about Rs. 700-800 primarily used for steaming dress material. No idea if it is suitable for my purpose. But my primary usage is purely for inhaling steam+vicks vaporub during cold infected days.
Old 11th July 2020, 10:26   #7962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask. I need suggestion for good handy steamer/vapourizer. Main usage will be as an inhalation remedy when I'm infected with cold/cough/nose blockage. There are many steamers available in amazon at about Rs. 700-800 primarily used for steaming dress material. No idea if it is suitable for my purpose. But my primary usage is purely for inhaling steam+vicks vaporub during cold infected days.
Look up face steamers

https://www.amazon.in/Facial-Steamer...ode=1374459031

Here is one similar to what I have.

https://www.amazon.in/Accurrate-Vapo...d_i=1374459031
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 10:43   #7963
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Going ahead with Hemiza brand one as it has good reviews.
Old 11th July 2020, 16:52   #7964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This little fella can really suck. I tried it on my fabric sofa and the .4l container was almost half full with dust!! We were astonished. For 20k it seems decent choice. The build quality is pretty high and seems like it can last a few years. (Though some nagging compromises are there, esp the dust container design. It's very poor by the high standards of the rest of the product)

It has become a new toy for my kids! They spent better part of the day today littering tiny thermocol pieces all around and then vacuuming them!!
Managed to snag one on flipkart after looking for this for days. Delivering on Monday, so not on cleaning duty tomorrow.
Old 11th July 2020, 17:20   #7965
BHPian

Quote:
handy steamer/vapourizer.
I had got one on Amazon (will need to check on which model it was), but it turned out to be a first rate junk of a product with hardly any steady stream of steam emanating from it!

I think it was in that 500 - 1000 ballpark.

Threw it in the garbage and got one from Apollo Pharmacy - someone I know was using it and gave good reviews. Don't recall how much it was for, but it's quite good - sturdy, good steam, not too bulky.

Will try and get a snapshot / model name / number on it.
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks