Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 11:40   #7231
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ariston is called Racold in India.
Oh, I thought AO Smith and Racold were sister brands. AO is offering better warranty terms than Racold though.

I'm may go for Racold too, since my heating element, thermostat are in top condition, so I could hopefully use them as spares later-on in the geyser's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
do you mean your bathroom has space constraints for installation when you say you need square models?
Yes, the square ones suit the bathroom perfectly. Our existing Ariston ones are square shaped 15L 2KW Storage water heaters.

Investment in a solar geyser is not possible since we live in an apartment complex with constraints all over! :(

Last edited by sharktale : 29th July 2019 at 11:44.
Old 29th July 2019, 17:18   #7232
BHPian

My 5 year old Bosch Washing machine often emits pungent odour while washing. I suspect that requires descaling?

I purchased a descaler from DM store Germany last year. I was planning to use that.

But,the Bosch technician is against using that powder and he's insisting on using the powder that's available in the market here. Is that right?
Old 29th July 2019, 17:26   #7233
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
My 5 year old Bosch Washing machine often emits pungent odour while washing. I suspect that requires descaling?
Using a descaler once every 3 months or so is a good idea (some people claim they get similar results by using vinegar too) to remove build up of scales due to hard water, but I don't think they're contributing to the odour.

Have you checked the fluff filter for dirt/lint ? Good idea to keep that clean. Also, check your outlet pipe if there is a build up of dirt, I think these could be contributors to the odour.
Old 29th July 2019, 17:44   #7234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My 5 year old Bosch Washing machine often emits pungent odour while washing.
Do as suggested, clean out the drain pump, and... with the machine empty, do a boil (90C) wash.

Meanwhile... My Bosch machine is tripping the MCB. Electrician says he thinks it is the machine, not the circuit.

Bosch customer service says someone will come within 48 hours. Yes, I know: LG would have probably done better,
Old 30th July 2019, 06:35   #7235
Senior - BHPian

It does say that the Bosch Descaler removes unpleasant odours. I'd just use half litre vinegar and see first.

Quote:
My 5 year old Bosch Washing machine often emits pungent odour while washing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-screen-shot-20190730-6.29.26-am.png  

Old 31st July 2019, 09:59   #7236
BHPian

My parents use a top-loading samsung washing machine. Apparently it developed a leak from the bottom which only happens in the rinse/drain cycle.

Called up some service personnel to coordinate on a repair. The repair people replaced the drain pump and the shock-absorbers.

The total cost came to 5600/- including the service charge.

The good things:

1) I could make a payment remotely over one of those UPIs and it worked without any issues.

2) The repair people did NOT make a mess at the work area! The cleaned up the work space before leaving! This without having to tell them anything. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that.
Old 31st July 2019, 15:34   #7237
Senior - BHPian

Also clean the inside rubber lining well with a vinegar soaked rag and leave it for a while and clear the drain filter too. Then go ahead with the tub clean or hottest wash using the soak option. I usually fill vinegar in the detergent tray and pour the rest in the drum cos I'm not sure if the machine does a drain step before starting a new cycle. You can also use citric acid powder
Old 31st July 2019, 15:59   #7238
Distinguished - BHPian

Having issues with tiny cockroaches inside the plastic overlaps and seals of my washing machine. Have tried bio-friendly pest control methods like smearing gels but without success.

A local plumber advised carefully spraying HIT or FLIT into the panel gaps as they are breeding inside these gaps. Any thoughts? The WM is used daily so no question that they are thriving even when cotton wash cycles are used.
Old 31st July 2019, 16:10   #7239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Having issues with tiny cockroaches inside the plastic overlaps and seals of my washing machine. Have tried bio-friendly pest control methods like smearing gels but without success.

A local plumber advised carefully spraying HIT or FLIT into the panel gaps as they are breeding inside these gaps. Any thoughts? The WM is used daily so no question that they are thriving even when cotton wash cycles are used.
Don't use spray. Use HIT which comes in gel form. That is by far the most effective solution for cockroaches that I have experienced apart from professional pest control. Also use this gel in different locations at house and that will contain the source of the 'tiny cockroaches'.
Old 31st July 2019, 16:16   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Don't use spray. Use HIT which comes in gel form. That is by far the most effective solution for cockroaches that I have experienced apart from professional pest control. Also use this gel in different locations at house and that will contain the source of the 'tiny cockroaches'.
Completely agree with you. From my previous experience, i have seen that the population of cockroaches increased with spray! Gel is really effective and I have not seen a single cockroach since I used it once.
Old 31st July 2019, 18:00   #7241
Distinguished - BHPian

cockroach spray is effective against ants. Just a by the way.
Old 31st July 2019, 18:19   #7242
BHPian

it was more than 6 years back that I last used the spray. And even today, when ever I see that item in the stores, i wonder how people are still getting fooled with this product! How much money these manufacturers are making by selling a useless product?
Old 31st July 2019, 18:39   #7243
BHPian

Any reviews on Liebherr Refrigerator? We have purchased tcss3540 model, 347 Litre and will be delivered today.
We purchased it because of thoughtfully designed storage and it's a German brand.
Old 31st July 2019, 22:05   #7244
Distinguished - BHPian

Let us know!

I loved my Liebherr fridge, a small fridge with a real deep-freeze compartment, that I had in UK. It never worked properly here in India, but then I realised that they have ratings, and mine was temperate-climate rated. No blame to Liebherr.

(Also used to joke that I would have liked the 18-axle crane, but could only afford the fridge. Yes, Liebherr is one of those groups that does massive engineering as well as domestic)
Old 31st July 2019, 23:03   #7245
Senior - BHPian

How durable and safe are the glass top cooktops / hobs? Looks all major manufacturers have practically exited the high to mid - range stainless steel cooktops. And BOSCH has only hobs, no cooktops. Glen has a reasonably priced low spec range, but the width is only 72 cm and reviews are not enthusiastic. Pan support is the weakest point of practically every other sub - 8k offering from all other brands.

Specifically, looking for a 3 burner cooktop, at least 75 cm wide, below 12 cm height. Preferably, with brass burners. Auto ignition is desirable, but not a deal breaker.

Glass tops alone seem to meet the criteria. But YouTube has plenty of horror stories about shatter proof glasses exploding. So, the question is, how safe are these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks