Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Has anyone tried these:

http://www.amazon.in/Smart-Plug-Frid...0_SR160%2C160_

Also available in 16 Amp rating
Old 14th October 2015, 09:02   #5582
BHPian

A stabilizer does the same exact thing, no? Except this is priced lower. I'd be leery of any new-fangled product till it is proven.
Old 14th October 2015, 09:34   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
A stabilizer does the same exact thing, no? Except this is priced lower. I'd be leery of any new-fangled product till it is proven.
This mentioned product only cuts off in the event of the voltage going below 170 and above 270. At voltages in between it does not regulate it to the ideal 220 to 230 or thereabouts....
Old 14th October 2015, 13:13   #5584
BANNED

Does anyone bought Washing machine recently from Flipkart? I am looking for the below deal for a 6.5 KG washing machine. But while called to LG customer care they said that they will not tied up with any online seller and charge Rs: 500/ for demo and installation. however they honors the warranty.
Whereas Flipkart mentioned on the website that the demo and installation is free.

http://www.flipkart.com/lg-t7567teel...Footer_na_na_1

Does anyone have recent buying experience of buying Washing machine from Flipkart.
Old 14th October 2015, 14:30   #5585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
Does anyone bought Washing machine recently from Flipkart? I am looking for the below deal for a 6.5 KG washing machine. But while called to LG customer care they said that they will not tied up with any online seller and charge Rs: 500/ for demo and installation. however they honors the warranty.
Whereas Flipkart mentioned on the website that the demo and installation is free.

Does anyone have recent buying experience of buying Washing machine from Flipkart.
Installation of a WM is very easy. Just follow the instructions in the manual.

Just double check if LG will honour the warranty, if possible get it in writing.
Old 14th October 2015, 14:43   #5586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Installation of a WM is very easy. Just follow the instructions in the manual. Just double check if LG will honour the warranty, if possible get it in writing.
Model: Whirlpool 360
I told the WP guy to send me an email or text message that they will charge me for Installation & Demo.
An uniformed guy appeared on my doorstep next day & installed it for free.
However he succeeded in selling me a 450/- rupees custom-built WM cover which I later found to be a great investment.

AROY: I would not suggest that because there is a drum holding bracket that needs to be removed after opening back or bottom covers. One should not turn-ON machine till then.
In my machine, he also installed a heater fuse, which otherwise was taped to inside of the back cover.
The demo-guy filled a form & I have noted down his name, agency address & contact number on my bill. This way I can trace him or mention him any day in future.

Regards-Sonu
Old 14th October 2015, 15:05   #5587
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I saw this offer for the Pigeon Air Fryer on Flipkart - looks like a good deal. Anyone used this before? Don't see any reviews online?
Old 14th October 2015, 15:12   #5588
BHPian

Can someone point me to a good appliance store for buying a refrigerator in Hyderabad? Looking forward to choosing from several models and brands, and larger-than-usual capacities (400+L). Also looking to exchange our old fridges so buying online is ruled out.
Old 14th October 2015, 17:26   #5589

Quote:

Bought Bosch washing machine from Flipkart last month. Bosch did demo and installation for free within 24 hrs of delivery.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:36   #5590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Model: Whirlpool 360
I told the WP guy to send me an email or text message that they will charge me for Installation & Demo.
An uniformed guy appeared on my doorstep next day & installed it for free.
However he succeeded in selling me a 450/- rupees custom-built WM cover which I later found to be a great investment.

AROY: I would not suggest that because there is a drum holding bracket that needs to be removed after opening back or bottom covers. One should not turn-ON machine till then.
In my machine, he also installed a heater fuse, which otherwise was taped to inside of the back cover.
The demo-guy filled a form & I have noted down his name, agency address & contact number on my bill. This way I can trace him or mention him any day in future.

Regards-Sonu
For all my WM, the detailed instruction for installations were there in the manual. LG even comes with a custom spanner to for taking out the transportation nuts. In short what ever is needed to commission the WM is there in step-by-step instruction sheet. Every appliance I bought (except AC), I have opened the packing, followed the instructions and commissioned the appliance well before the "official" installer arrived.

Note that in most of the West, installation is a DIY job, hence the detailed instructions.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:53   #5591
Distinguished - BHPian

Got our new Panasonic top-loading WM installed today, and a couple of rounds too. Found it a little noisy compared to our 10 year old BPL top-loader.

Quote:
TheTeacher : A stabilizer does the same exact thing, no? Except this is priced lower. I'd be leery of any new-fangled product till it is proven.
Lower price, and importantly - directly plugged into the wall-socket. So I dont have to manage another unit sitting out there.
Old 14th October 2015, 23:54   #5592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Note that in most of the West, installation is a DIY job, hence the detailed instructions.
Absolutely, unless you pay extra. With my last London washing machine purchase, I really wished I had. Someone else could have suffered the strain of getting it into the just-right-size space, and the arm wrenching involved in getting the drain pipe from the back to the under-sink drain fitting. It would have been well worth the UKŁ30 they were asking!

When I came here and bought a fridge, I could not understand why they were telling me that someone would be there to demonstrate it the next day. It's a fridge! You plug it in and turn it on and it gets cold!

Anyway, I read manuals. Within a few minutes, one learns what more than the demonstrator knew. In fact, if I can, I read manuals before buying. They are much more reliable and informative than the glossy marketing material.

Also, I've been using washing machines for longer than many of these demo/install guys have been alive!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th October 2015 at 23:57.
Old 15th October 2015, 05:50   #5593
BANNED

When a fridge is advertised as X litre fridge - say a 300 litre fridge - is it the gross volume or storage volume? I find different brands treating it in different ways
Old 16th October 2015, 13:58   #5594

My 10 year old Samsung top load washing machine died a couple of days back. The cause - voltage fluctuation ( 220V - 280V). The Samsung service guy said they don't make the electronics for the model any more.

So, I bought a new Siemens front load 7kg washing machine with power consumption of 2190 W. Does anyone use stabilizers for washing machine? If so, what rating should I go for. I don't want the new machine to get fried like the previous one.
Old 16th October 2015, 16:43   #5595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Lower price, and importantly - directly plugged into the wall-socket. So I dont have to manage another unit sitting out there.
Hooking up a stabilizer is a one time job. I've never had to manage any of my stabilizers, ever, so I'm not understanding the second point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks