Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 20:26   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

^^^Why don't you register a complaint with LG? I had to do the same for our MW. Took several weeks just to get the glass plate! Had to contact LG to get things going. They respond in a day.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:17   #2792
Distinguished - BHPian

We started with the toll-free number stuck to the machine. Is that LG themselves?
Old 14th March 2012, 21:20   #2793
Senior - BHPian

^^^Would be some call center for sure. I suggest you email them. You could also ask for the Regional Manager's number.
Raccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 21:25   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Today, after several phone calls, Mrs G was told, "Most people buy 5kg machines; you bought 7Kg. We don't have a hose in stock."

What? There's a difference? And, whatever, they don't have spares for a current model?

Actually, I'm used to washing machine hoses being something you can buy from a hardware store, almost regardless of what make, let alone model, of machine you have.

LG: not next time.
As you said in your earlier post, this is BS. Call up the LG customer care and tell them that you are very very disappointed with the service and want another technician or service center. See how spares appear out of thin air..
Pallavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 03:06   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We started with the toll-free number stuck to the machine. Is that LG themselves?
Write to them here - LG_care_center at lge dot com , serviceindia at lge dot com
Old 15th March 2012, 05:19   #2796
BANNED

Quote:
Is this the number - 1800 180 9999? This is the number I have used. LG has the best service I have ever encountered. I once even got hold of LG Korea's CEO's email id & wrote a complaint to him (not related to any product). I immediately got a call back from the Indian arm.
Old 15th March 2012, 13:33   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, I think so.

The boy came again today. He hadn't realised which part was broken, so brought the wrong one. Not good, but I'll forgive until tomorrow...

<watch this space : >
Old 15th March 2012, 22:28   #2798
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I am looking for a refrigerator of approx 300-320L and need some help in shortlisting the companies.
We have been using Electrolux 450L 2 Door and kelvinator previous to that. I currently also have the Electrolux 165L single door refrigerator.
My experience with Electrolux has been fantastic but I don't see any mention of Electrolux refrigerators in this thread ? any specific reasons ? How is Whirlpool when it comes to Refrigerators ?
LG/Samsung, Whirlpool and Panasonic seems to be the general choice of every one. Should I look for other brands ?

Thanks...
Old 15th March 2012, 22:53   #2799
Senior - BHPian

Reposting from Construction thread

Anyone uses water purification/treatment system for whole house?

Our new house does not have water connection now and have to use water from open well. This water is OK during summer but become muddy during monsoon. So we want to install some purification system for whole house and an additional filter (Kent/Aquaguard) for drinking water.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:52   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today, after several phone calls, Mrs G was told, "Most people buy 5kg machines; you bought 7Kg. We don't have a hose in stock."

What? There's a difference? And, whatever, they don't have spares for a current model?

Actually, I'm used to washing machine hoses being something you can buy from a hardware store, almost regardless of what make, let alone model, of machine you have.

LG: not next time.
All our front loading washing machines also had a tendency to walk around. The diagnosis was unbalanced load inside the machine when clothes bunched during spin cycle, created excessive vibration. The IFB machine has a heavy stone bolted on to the top of the stationary drum, may be to stabilize the vibrations. With a slight lubrication normally water under the legs and the machine would travel on its own. The solution was to first level the machine properly and then use pieces of car/cycle tube for friction, our floor is polished Kota Stone.

For your hose. If the two end connectors can be removed, you can use them on any equivalent pipe obtained from the market. Otherwise if the hose is flexible, cut the hose, say three inches from each side, and connect the ends to a normal hose. Normally you need the connector for the WM side, as the other end goes to a tap. On our IFB the WM side is a simple plastic connector one end screws to the WM and the other end is inserted to the hose.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:03   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Reposting from Construction thread

Anyone uses water purification/treatment system for whole house?

Our new house does not have water connection now and have to use water from open well. This water is OK during summer but become muddy during monsoon. So we want to install some purification system for whole house and an additional filter (Kent/Aquaguard) for drinking water.
Your best option is to contact agencies which do water purifier systems for remote areas. You will need the following

1. Coarse Filter - Stone/leaf, followed by Fine Filter - mud and small solids. These filters normally have provision for reverse flushing to clean them.

2. Basic chlorine dozing system.

3. Final filter using RO/UV and candle filters.

You will also need storage space for the filtered water. If your daily consumption is 1000 liters then at least 2000 liters is recommended, so that you do not run out of water in case of equipment error. The stored water has to be pumped, so you need a pump also.

The first two have to cater to supplying at least 1000 liters/day as you will need the water for all house hold activities. The last one is for drinking water, though I have seen large RO units in remote areas catering to all water needs of a factory and/or housing colony.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 17:49   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your advice. I think these LG machines are too lightweight, hence the vibration. Our machine is standing on Kadupa (no idea how to spell it!), stone carefully set to be very level, into concrete. Previously the concrete had been wavy, and we chose this as a solution to get a very smooth, but not shiny, level surface.

I will be trying the kind of friction enhancer you mention. There is a black sheet that was used to mount one of our water pumps, to absorb vibration: it is a lot harder than rubber (and brittle when bent) but has some compressibility. I will get some of that and try, and report the name when I find it! A local shop told me where to get it.
Old 16th March 2012, 18:10   #2803
BHPian

Many front loading WMs come with load-balancing feature. What this does is the machine will not go into a fast spin until the wet clothes have been balanced, in such a way, that the machine will not move when the fast spin starts. I have a Whirlpool with this feature and am aware of LGs too having this. The IFB which I had before, was notorious for walking around. No amount of levelling, placing friction material under its feet would help.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:05   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, my LG is supposed to have this. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like your IFB.

Whilst most people do not put their washing machines on a platform several inches high, I don't see why one shouldn't, but it turns a walking machine into a falling machine. Flat on its face.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:20   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
All our front loading washing machines also had a tendency to walk around.
So has been my experience too (since1982). However I may add that in the UK I did not face this (possibly different flooring), also my new LG-F1256 has shown no such tendency for the three weeks or so I have had it. So maybe they have done some jugaad now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks