Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2011, 11:40   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Brought a 4 lts Prestige pressure cooker (steel) with induction base and a Prestige Sandwich maker in Thane for 3100/-. The cooker is for my UK trip and works well with Induction cook tops.
Old 20th March 2011, 12:29   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Our 10 year old Microwave died today. I am not keen on fixing it, would like to get a new within a 5k budget. what are the options, brands and features to look for.Would like to pick up on sunday.
that depends on your requirements at around 5k Koryo, morphy richards and kenstar is an option and if you extend your budget a bit you may be able to get a decent LG one.

have a look at this:

eBay India: Morphy Richards 20 Lts Solo Microwave Oven Auto +Bill (item 260754257302 end time 23-Mar-2011 16:10:33 IST)
Old 20th March 2011, 14:37   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
that depends on your requirements at around 5k Koryo, morphy richards and kenstar is an option and if you extend your budget a bit you may be able to get a decent LG one.

have a look at this:

eBay India: Morphy Richards 20 Lts Solo Microwave Oven Auto +Bill (item 260754257302 end time 23-Mar-2011 16:10:33 IST)
Thanks for the reply, picked up a Samsung GW73BD-B for Rs 5k from Vijay Sales.

Food remains crispier on the outside juicier on the inside - GW73BD-B - Grill - Microwave Oven | SAMSUNG
Old 20th March 2011, 18:30   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Thanks for the reply, picked up a Samsung GW73BD-B for Rs 5k from Vijay Sales.

Food remains crispier on the outside juicier on the inside - GW73BD-B - Grill - Microwave Oven | SAMSUNG
Congrats!

The samsung you picked up seems to be a good deal!

BTW, what was the MRP?
Old 20th March 2011, 19:03   #1940
BHPian

MRP is 5790/- VS had it for 5450/- and croma had the white version for 5290/- which has a MRP of 5490/- a little bargaining got the price to 5k while the cheapest online price is 4900/-
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:11   #1941
Senior - BHPian

What geyser (water heater) should I buy?
I want to buy a geyser. It should offer continuous supply of water for shower purpose and not like some geysers who make you wait for some time till next hot water supply is available.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:15   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I want to buy a geyser. It should offer continuous supply of water for shower purpose and not like some geysers who make you wait for some time till next hot water supply is available.
If you are looking for a storage type heater, Venus is the best value for your money, though it is more expensive than some brands.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:30   #1943
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan: agree totally.
@shipnil: if you want instant nirvana then get an-online type - say Racold. be prepared with heavy wiring (~4.5kW) and also running you shower at less that full blast. Maybe you should be Ok in Pune.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:06   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a refrigerator (2 door) and mixer grinder/juicer. Budget total 20K max, suggestion guys?
Old 23rd March 2011, 20:41   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
If you want continuous hot water you have to pay a very heavy price. There are two options

1. Use an instant geyser (a misnomer as there is no such thing) which can give you water flow of a shower. Normally one will not heat water beyond 10-20 degrees at full flow, so use two in series. This will entail power consumption of between 4 and 8 KW.

2. Use a large storage geyser - 50 or even 100 liters. Though the water will take over five hours to heat, once heated you can shower as long as you want, as the geyser will keep heating the water while you shower.

In both cases be prepared for high electricity bills. To give you an idea

Our 1 liter geyser works as an instant heater, though at a low flow. It consumes 4 KW and fills a bucket in 15 minutes, about one unit per bucket. A free flowing shower will consume the equivalent of the bucket in one to two minutes, so 1 unit/1.5 min (say), and a 15 minute shower costs you 10 units, @ Rs5/unit = Rs.50! The large storage geyser will also consume the same amount of electricity plus some for maintaining a hot water store.

The only way you can save money and get hot water at a reasonable cost is to install a Solar Heater of sufficient capacity (500 liters/day) and use it as a back end with a temparature controlled instant geyser as a front end.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:42   #1946
BHPian

Another instant hot water shower option is gas geyser. Though they have there set pf negatives.
By the way, a 20lt storage type geyser heated to max is good enough for 2 people to take bath in shower back to back.

Regards,
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:17   #1947
Senior - BHPian

@shipnil
Try the new range of geysers by AOSmith. I replaced a 50 liter Racold with this and the differences are so obvious. For starters the volume of hot water available is so much more than before. It seems that the geyser makers of yore are inflating the storage tank capacity figures while selling their products. Also the time taken to reach the desired temperatures is lesser and once achieved the water stays hot longer. I have noticed a mere three degree drop in temperatures overnight with the power switched off. This is in Dilli, save for the period from December third week towards the end of January when the temperature drop is as much as 10 to 15 degrees depending on how cold it was on a given night and it really gets cold during the afore mentioned period. The best part is the electronic temp control which is accurate and lets you set the temp as low as 35 degree celsius up to 75 degrees. This enables one to set the temperature at a desired level and then not bother with mixing cold water to achieve the right temp as with old geysers whose thermostats are perpetually set at their highest levels.

For Poona's climate you may want to try their instant range. These are available from 10L to 25 L. The storage runs from 35 to 100L
Old 24th March 2011, 10:40   #1948
BHPian

Bought a Hitachi 3-door refrigerator

Hi,

Just to inform that we recently bought a new refrigerator - Hitachi R-S31SVND for Rs. 40700/-. Details can be found at:
3 Door Refrigerator, 3 Door Fridge: Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd

We were looking for bottom-freezer models. Hitachi was a recommended one as few friends have this model. I searched and found that all Panasonic models and about three Samsung models have bottom-freezer. Checked out the Panasonic models: good quality panels and good looks but two doors. Could not find any shop with Samsung ones on display. From net, I found that Hitachi service may be a suspect.

But still on personal recommendations and the advantage of the most compact external dimensions, we decided on the Hitachi mid-model.

Important features:
- Inverter control
- Compact dimensions
- Center vegetable drawer accessible standing upright
- Auto ice maker (My kid loves this)
- Door open warning buzzer
- Silent operations (I find it very silent but really my only other benchmark was a very noisy 11 year old Godrej)

We have had this fridge for the past two weeks. Completely happy as of now. (However, real test would be after about three to five years of operator)
Old 24th March 2011, 11:02   #1949
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought a Solo Samsung Microwave MW73BD for 4k (MRP 4390). I already have a Morphy Richards OTG. Hence went for the solo option. I did not check prices at other stores so not sure if this was the best price or not. I am not a big fan of MW, hence I resisted this purchase for a very long long time. But finally gave in to the home minister.
An all round cooking solution - MW73BD - Solo - Microwave Oven | SAMSUNG=

Last edited by pjbiju : 24th March 2011 at 11:14.
Old 28th March 2011, 13:13   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Guys, planning to buy a washing machine.

which brand is better? IFB or Samsung?

Requirement is as follows: Need front loader, atleast 5.5 kg capacity, ability to take any powder and consumes less power if possible.

Have no previous experience with washing machine, this is the first time buy, so no idea how good they are.

please advice
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks