Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Chinese / Non-TV TV brand are you most likely to vote for with your wallet
HiSense 11 3.29%
Kodak 9 2.69%
Motorola 0 0%
OnePlus 52 15.57%
Realme 4 1.20%
TCL 43 12.87%
Toshiba 34 10.18%
Vu 85 25.45%
Xiaomi 68 20.36%
Others (Please specify) 28 8.38%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 14:34   #166
BHPian

Re: The Budget / Frugal TV thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Which company is good and hassle free for these extended warranties?
Flipkart didnt give Jeeves warranty plan along with the TV.
I've had good experience with Jeeves, since you did not get that option, consider buying it from the manufacturer. As for the lightning strike issue, use spike guard or voltage stabilizer (Sorry never had that experience so I don't know which is the correct gadget), do ask them beforehand in writing if that kind of damage is covered.

The maximum I've seen is 4 years (Toshiba TV's, based on Vidaa OS).
If you're getting a 1 + 2 years warranty, that is also fine.
Old 24th July 2023, 18:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Had bought a Toshiba 39inch LED TV in 2014. It was repaired first time this year with a new panel and yes there were many LED bulbs which were replaced. Post repair it worked fine but the screen now on the first start becomes hazy but after sometime becomes normal. We are still using it and may replace later this year or next. The Toshiba was selected because it had the maximum warranty at that time. The repair guy had a tough time sourcing the panel as it is not a common TV.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th July 2023 at 18:48.
Old 3rd August 2023, 23:27   #168
BHPian

Any suggestions for a 65 inch TV preferably QLED & Optical out (Have a LG sound bar with optical support only) It'll be wall mounted in a bright room of 16*17

These latest model TVs don't provide free wall mount?

Was eyeing this model but not much reviews to take a plunge

https://amzn.eu/d/5K4DZVu
Old 4th August 2023, 16:54   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not too technical, but I gifted someone close a VU 50" TV back in 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I got myself a VU 55 inch Android TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
I bought a 40 inch TV from VU in 2018
I noticed that the models from Hisense and VU are exactly the same. In fact manufactured by the same factory. I have a Hisense 65" TV. I had statred searching for VU but there was noting in stock on Amazon.
Earlier VU was locally manufactured. They used to have a unit close to my brother's premises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Not a China product.
Is there any electronic product not made in China?

Now I'm looking for a second TV for the bedroom. Something in 35-45". Any good deals on Amazon?
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:39   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Bought a Hisense A6H 50 inch tv from Flipkart on Sunday. Cost me 29.7K after card discounts. Delivery done on monday and installation by Jeeves on Tuesday.
Initial impressions are good.
May I know how has been your experience with this model. I was checking to get a new TV, and currently, it is retailing below 25k. 2023 models have also come - costlier than these but they also carry a 3-year warranty.

I am confused whether to get a 41-43 inch LG model (love the magic remote) or upgrade to 50 with the same budget by going with Hisense or TCL. If anyone has any recommendations, do let me know. Thanks!
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:05   #171

The TV is good. Has good viewing angles, sound is also decent. Far field mic works flawlessly so no need to search for remote to control operations. A simple ok google voice command is good enough.
But I am not a very discerning viewer. We hardly watch 5-6 hours of TV in a week. Some OTT, Cricket and football is all we watch
n.arun01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 13:43   #172
BHPian

Have any BHPians used Motorola TVs? If yes, hows the quality and performance?
Old 26th July 2024, 23:16   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
May I know how has been your experience with this model. I was checking to get a new TV, and currently, it is retailing below 25k. 2023 models have also come - costlier than these but they also carry a 3-year warranty.

I am confused whether to get a 41-43 inch LG model (love the magic remote) or upgrade to 50 with the same budget by going with Hisense or TCL. If anyone has any recommendations, do let me know. Thanks!
Hi beez, which TV did you buy?

Initially, I thought about buying a 43-inch LG for 32k, but after reading the entire thread, I'm extremely confused and landed in the same boat.

1. Which Chinese brand 50" TV should I buy for better reliability under 30k? Shortlisted brands as per suggestions in thread {VU, Acer}.
2. Stick to the plan and get LG.
Old 27th July 2024, 13:16   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano45 View Post
Hi beez, which TV did you buy?

1. Which Chinese brand 50" TV should I buy for better reliability under 30k? Shortlisted brands as per suggestions in thread {VU, Acer}.
2. Stick to the plan and get LG.
I postponed the plan to upgrade TV that time, but I do keep checking the deals frequently. Now-a-days prices of OLED TVs are also coming down, adding to the confusion.

For LG, the main attraction was the Magic Remote; not sure if any other manufacturer has something similar. But these Chinese brands trump on pricing! For the budget conscious, it is a difficult decision!

Reliability, I feel, is more about perception. We assume a Sony or LG may serve us longer compared with any Chinese brand. My parents had a 32 inch Sony some 15 years back that developed panel issues as soon as the extended warranty got over! Panel replacement was quoted around 15k at that time. My neighbour's LG TV got dark spots soon after warranty expired. All these made me buy MiTV in 2018 for about 24k. The fact is I don't like its picture/sound quality and I absolutely hate that remote, but it still works in 2024.

If you are budget conscious and likely to upgrade in the next 4 years, better not to spend much for the brand I would say! Do update us whatever you buy!
Old 29th July 2024, 12:40   #175
BHPian

I agree with the points made above that Chinese brands have perceptibly upgraded their game and offer relatively better quality at the lower prices than established brands. I was in the same boat about 4-5 months back, where-in was replacing my 13 year old Samsung 32 inch TV with another Samsung. We were planning to get a 43 inch Samsung TV, but finally went for TCL which provided following extras:

1. 50 inch tv at half the price of 43 inch Samsung
2. Same smart tv, app, basic software controls as a Samsung
3. For us, the picture quality of LED panel seemed a bit brighter than Samsung tv, though it may be our perception only
4. Build quality was almost at par with Samsung with an additional year of warranty (2 years warranty overall) being provided to sweeten the deal.

So, ended up purchasing a TCL 50C645K tv. After 5 months of use, I can say that I have not faced any issues till now, and the tv seems to be working fine. Given, this is a 4K QLED tv, I plan to keep it with us for atleast 7-8 years. The only small quirk is that the remote is basic button layout and I love the joystick remote provided by LG which is very useful for typing / scrolling through Menu on Tv.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 19:24   #176
BHPian

Hello friends,

Our Onida led tv is having brightness issues and we already got the led strips replaced twice, but the problem came up again and we may have to replace. Unfortunately all the festival sales are over just now

need suggestion for a budget tv 40-43 inch for my parents. Smart features doesn't matter as they are not used. They only watch regular SD tv channels , hence 2k, 4k etc., also doesn't matter.

Requirement is for good picture quality for SD content and good sound without any external speakers. Budget preferably below 20k. We got a Vu 40 inch tv few years back for 16k, but now it seems starting at 23-24k

Any suggestions please

Last edited by Everlearner : 19th August 2024 at 19:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks