Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Chinese / Non-TV TV brand are you most likely to vote for with your wallet
HiSense 11 3.31%
Kodak 9 2.71%
Motorola 0 0%
OnePlus 52 15.66%
Realme 4 1.20%
TCL 43 12.95%
Toshiba 34 10.24%
Vu 84 25.30%
Xiaomi 67 20.18%
Others (Please specify) 28 8.43%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 18:13   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Budget / Frugal TV thread

Here is my experience with 55 inch Vu Android TV.

- Purchased during the Diwali BBD sale in 2019. Price including 3 year warranty was approx 36k. Extended warranty was provided by Jeeves (Flipkart)

- The TV worked flawlessly for the next 2 years, 51 weeks.

- Approx one week before the warranty was to expire, I noticed horizontal lines on the screen.

The Budget / Frugal TV thread-img_20221017_151746_1.jpg

- I guessed it was NOT a display issue, since the lines appeared only when something was playing on the TV, not on a static home screen.

- I called the Jeeves helpline and lodged a complaint. Good experience. I was told that an engineer would call me within 8 business hours to do some remote troubleshooting.

- I didn't get any call for the next 24 hours. Although I will give jeeves the benefit of doubt since I have a spam blocker activated and I noticed some calls were blocked. Not sure if they were from Jeeves or not.

- Called the next day again for a reminder. This time I got an SMS with the name of the repair person who would visit.

- The visit happened within 48 hours.

- The engineer who visited confirmed that it was not a display issue. He said we will try to reset the TV and if it didn't work he will put in a request for a new motherboard.

- Tried reseting but the reset was protected by a passcode that he didn't know. He called up someone, who didnt know either. Stupid.

- He said he will open the TV, click the photo of the motherboard model to ensure the correct part is ordered.

- Opened the TV and clicked pics. During the process, he adjusted the LVDS cable.

- When we set up the TV again, the lines that were appearing had changed position. This led us to suspect that maybe the cable was faulty.

- Opened the TV again. Removed the cable and cleaned both contacts thouroghly with alcohol based wipes. Put it back again and the TV was back to normal.

- Since the order for motherboard had already been placed, the engineer left the decision of replacing it to us. Since the replacement motherboard would be a refurbished one, I decided not to go ahead with the replacement. But it took almost 20 days for the motherboard to arrive. As per process the engineer vistited my home today and closed the ticket after taking my signature.

What was good - Prompt service.
What was not - Technical competence of the engineer. Didn't know how to reset the TV and ordered a motherboard change just like that.

All in all, I am satisified with my Vu experience. It is worth the money I paid for and my usage. I just hope it had better sound. The audio is terrible.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th November 2022 at 08:50.
Eddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 18:57   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
All in all, I am satisified with my Vu experience. It is worth the money I paid for and my usage.
As I have stated earlier in this thread, the combination of Vu & Jeeves have been extremely good to me too. This, when the delivery address and the actual location of the TV were nearly three hundred kilometres apart; the latter was/is in fact a village situated hundred kilometres even from the nearest district headquarters.

This has been one of the few good experiences from flipkart: hence, my recommendation to all prospective buyers of Vu TV is to combine it with a Jeeves extended warranty.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 10:00   #153
BHPian

Quote:
All in all, I am satisified with my Vu experience. It is worth the money I paid for and my usage. I just hope it had better sound. The audio is terrible.
We have a 40 inch Vu TV and the sound is indeed terrible. Switching the sound mode from standard to a different one provided some improvement.
Old 8th November 2022, 12:58   #154
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my experience with 55 inch Android TV.

- Purchased during the Diwali BBD sale in 2019. Price including 3 year warranty was approx 36k. Extended warranty was provided by Jeeves (Flipkart)

- The TV worked flawlessly for the next 2 years, 51 weeks.

- Approx one week before the warranty was to expire, I noticed horizontal lines on the screen.

What was good - Prompt service.
What was not - Technical competence of the engineer. Didn't know how to reset the TV and ordered a motherboard change just like that.

All in all, I am satisfied with my Vu experience. It is worth the money I paid for and my usage. I just hope it had better sound. The audio is terrible.
I had exactly the same issue, but the lines would appear even on home screen, just 2 weeks before the extended warranty was to expire.
service person came in next day and was told it was panel issue, they took the TV to their service center and delivered it back after couple of days, they said they changed the panel but I am skeptical on what was changed as personnel picking up and delivering the TV have no idea on what was done.

only thing they could do better was the packaging during pick up and delivery of the TV, it was just in plastic sheets, with no protection what so ever. ( They did goof up on delivery day and ended up exchanging the TVs between 2 delivery locations, both had same model and ended up installing my TV at other household and luckily i checked the S/N of my TV taken earlier during pick up, they fixed it next day).
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:48   #155
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Hello Bhpians,

My dad is looking for a 55 inch TV in budget. Any pointers on how is OnePlus, TCL or Acer ?
Please point out any other brands / models I have missed out please

Thanks in advance
Old 12th March 2023, 14:55   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Hello Bhpians,

My dad is looking for a 55 inch TV in budget. Any pointers on how is OnePlus, TCL or Acer ?
Please point out any other brands / models I have missed out please

Thanks in advance
You said budget TV (assuming you mean around 35-50K INR). You cannot go wrong with TCL. I have done my research on TCL vs competition and it seems TCL always comes on top with the budget competition. Their QLED tv and panels give good run for the money to LG and Samsung's 70-80K range (my personal opinion)

Coming to the model I have shortlisted C635:
  • 43C635 - 34K INR ( additional discount on amazon and reliance digital can be applied on various offers, lowest I saw was 29K INR in Jan'23)
  • 50C635 - 44K INR ( additional discount on amazon and reliance digital can be applied on various offers)
  • 55C635 - 49K INR ( on reliancedigital it's 45K INR which is same as 50C635 mentioned above, keeps on fluctuating. Additional discount on amazon etc)
Why the C635 and not P735 or P635 or c715 or C815 or any other brand?
  • C series is much better than P series, however if you have budget constraints go with P series (difference in price normally ranges between 7-10K INR)
  • C715 or C815 although slightly better are a bit older model(2020), C635 is relatively new 2022 model.
  • Some C715 or C815 do have 3 year standard warranty compared to 2 year standard on C635
  • TCL TV's have 2.1 HDMI and ARC support for audio output, along with LAN and Optical support
120hz is only available on 55 or greater display(C Series only) and that too may be limited for some outputs. Good thing is TCL has Gaming master so tinkering with few settings it's easy connect with XBOX and PS. Do check the same on other models (VU, MI etc. sometimes they say refresh rate 120Hz but may not be available)

NOTE - Above information is theoretical as am waiting on good discount to trickle and finalize the purchase. I do not have experience with TCL as a brand in INDIA so we might face occasional quality issues which is to be expected with any brand these days (they have improved way faster and better than anyone is last 3 years)

Additional note - I also checked Hisense but their relative comparable model U7H or U8H was a good 7K-10K expensive than TCL. I did not want to extend my budget more than 40-45K INR overall plus online reviews of Hisense service was not that confidence inspiring.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ps_o : 12th March 2023 at 14:57.
Ps_o is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 23:15   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a good yet well priced 75 inch TV. Have bought the Mi 75 inch in the past and haven’t found anything in that price range with specs at par.

Any new launches that can beat the Mi? I’m ok with a 70inch also
Old 27th March 2023, 16:34   #158
BANNED

Guys, any opinion on OnePlus 108 cm (43 inches) Y Series Full HD Smart Android LED TV 43 Y1S (Black)? It costs less than 25K.

Looking for feedback in terms of Quality of picture, Sound volume, Reliability & also promptness in customer service in case of problems.

Re Reliability, I am fine with 5-6 years of the TV working without problems.

Also recommendations for any other brand at similar price is welcome.

Last edited by carboy : 27th March 2023 at 16:36.
Old 5th May 2023, 18:59   #159
BANNED

Quote:
- I called the Jeeves helpline and lodged a complaint.
Why not VU customer service?

Quote:

I just hope it had better sound. The audio is terrible.
What do you mean bad? Is it sound not loud enough or is it a clarity problem?
Old 5th May 2023, 19:11   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
The warranty part is handled by Jeeves, at least when the purchase is from Flipkart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
As I have stated earlier in this thread, the combination of Vu & Jeeves have been extremely good to me too. This, when the delivery address and the actual location of the TV were nearly three hundred kilometres apart; the latter was/is in fact a village situated hundred kilometres even from the nearest district headquarters.

This has been one of the few good experiences from flipkart: hence, my recommendation to all prospective buyers of Vu TV is to combine it with a Jeeves extended warranty.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 02:13   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

What do you mean bad? Is it sound not loud enough or is it a clarity problem?
Jeeves handles the extended warranty if you purchase it on Flipkart. Even the brick and mortar stores that give extended warranty will have a tie up with a smiliar provider (like OneSiteGo).

Sound is not very clear, and playing around with the settings has not helped.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:40   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The warranty part is handled by Jeeves, at least when the purchase is from Flipkart.
If you purchase extended warranty from Flipkart it'll be handled by Jeeves.

If you purchase it from VU, it'll be serviced by VU.

We've had our initial VU TV with extended warranty from Jeeves, good support provided. The TV had lines, they (Jeeves) offered to refund around 25k or 26k as repairing it was not feasible for them.

Purchased another VU TV from a local shop, he told that VU will call for extended warranty & they did, did an NEFT for an additional 2 years warranty. Now 2.5 years later, TV had some 7 dead pixels, topped up the warranty mail & we had our TV replaced with a standby TV provided for the duration.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:38   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
We've had our initial VU TV with extended warranty from Jeeves, good support provided. The TV had lines, they (Jeeves) offered to refund around 25k or 26k as repairing it was not feasible for them.
What was the cost of the extended warranty purchased from Jeeves?
Old 7th June 2023, 13:40   #164
BHPian

Quote:
What was the cost of the extended warranty purchased from Jeeves?
2263, for a 2 year warranty from Jeeves.
We had purchased a 43 inch UHD 4k LED Smart TV for 37k.

Paid similar amount for extended warranty to Vu, however this TV wasn't a 4k one.

Current prices from Vu :
Name:  image_20230607_134237936.png
Views: 266
Size:  65.7 KB

Last edited by montsa007 : 7th June 2023 at 13:42.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:06   #165

Bought a Hisense A6H 50 inch tv from Flipkart on Sunday. Cost me 29.7K after card discounts. Delivery done on monday and installation by Jeeves on Tuesday.
Initial impressions are good.
I had a Samsung plasma bought in 2013. Its mother board got damaged in a lightning strike 3 months back.
Now Hisense is offering comprehensive 2 year warranty. I wanted to buy an extended warranty for maybe 3 years.
Which company is good and hassle free for these extended warranties?
Flipkart didnt give Jeeves warranty plan along with the TV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks