Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Re: The Analog / Film Camera Thread

With the advent of Digital Photography and Photoshop, I had in fact left photography completely. Photography has become a Toy story now which anyone can take up.
While a pro is manipulating the Lens, ISO, F and Speed etc., an amateur clicks hundreds in the same time. Whatever he would lack in image, can easily be compensated with Photoshop and Lightroom software, and with much better results.
Mobile Phones, its necessity, within reach of commoner and advanced picture quality has hit the real spirit of Photography
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 10:38   #17
BHPian

Mirrorless cameras do have some flexibility in regards to compatibility with legacy lenses. Sony alpha series might have a compatible mount for your lenses. You might want to search around for some possible combinations unless you are in no mood to invest in this system all together.
Old 21st July 2020, 11:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Photography has become a Toy story now which anyone can take up.
While a pro is manipulating the Lens, ISO, F and Speed etc., an amateur clicks hundreds in the same time. Whatever he would lack in image, can easily be compensated with Photoshop and Lightroom software, and with much better results.
Mobile Phones, its necessity, within reach of commoner and advanced picture quality has hit the real spirit of Photography
Whereas it is true that with the introduction of digital photography it has become possible for just about anyone to take pictures, the quality of those images leaves lots to be desired. You can not make a good image in photoshop out of a poorly shot image.

The basics of LR and Photoshop is nothing different than what we used to do in our darkroom. Much more convenient and quicker and more features too these days as well.

there are billions and billions of images out there. The number of images shot every day is staggering and increasing every day too. But ask yourself this question: With that vast amount of images being created exponentially over the years, how often do you come across images that you really like, that are beyond the average (lucky) snap?

The skills and experience needed to take real stunning images has changed, due to technology to some extend. The number of people that turn out real stunning images is very small compared to the total number of people snapping images worldwide.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 16:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this kit today: a Zenit EM (possibly 1981), with a 50mm Asahi SMC Takumar 1:/1.4 lens.

The Analog / Film Camera Thread-img_4471.jpg

The Analog / Film Camera Thread-img_4473.jpg

The camera still has it's two-piece leather case. From a quick check, the buttons and lens look to be in working condition. The self-timer system has an amazing sound as the mechanical setup un-winds !

http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/zenitem/manual/. More exploration required.

Last edited by condor : 22nd August 2021 at 16:48.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 16:50   #20
BHPian

I have a Nikon-F with a motor drive with a 50 mm, an 85mm, a 28 mm and a 200 mm Nikkor lenses. I also have a Nikkormat body and a Hasselblad 500C with a standard Planar 80 mm with a lens hood and a winding handle.

There is also a Lunasix 3 light meter and bellows for the Nikon and a Rollei flash.

I should look for them in the garage somewhere. It has been ages since I saw them last time.

I also have the first generation Macintosh digital camera with 4 MB of RAM and a Minox micro camera..

Last edited by Indian2003 : 22nd August 2021 at 16:53.
Indian2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:45   #21
BHPian

For an on going Socio-art project, I need to chemically alter the final photo taken by a 35mm Kodak roll camera. Is this possible?.

Let me explain: After a photo is taken, it is developed and a normal image appears, can this photo be treated with some solvents so that the colours can be "Fluid" again so that one can just manipulate it using a painting brush?.

One such example is this:
The Analog / Film Camera Thread-algispyrochemographytwo.jpg
Old 27th December 2021, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

I figured this might be the most appropriate thread to ask this question. Does anyone here have references to old photo restoration services? Found some old family photographs that I am planning to get restored. Some are in real bad condition, but I have scanned them now to prevent further degradation.
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:37   #23
BHPian

I have a few Film cameras(35mm and 110 formats). There are rangefinders, point and shoots, SLRs and a polaroid. Some of them are still working, but I am yet to get film rolls. These days companies like ilford, lomography have started to produce films for enthusiasts, but they are expensive and getting them developed is a challenge. They have also come up with film cameras, band new, but they are no match to the old makes. One of my cameras, a Kiev 19(Made in Ukraine) is so heavily made, the shutter sounds like a bullet shot. But the Japanese Minoltas are still the sweetest cameras I have.

I need to fix one camera specifically, a Minolta SRT101 which has a stuck shutter, but don't know if someone in Pune would be able to fix it.
Old 19th March 2022, 20:57   #24
BHPian

As I stumbled up on this thread, I started to clean all my cameras to make them visually appealing and they feel brand new now. Started photographing them(with a Mirrorless ). I have a few others to add, I will update this document once I clean them and they are ready for a shoot.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CameraCollection.pdf (1.01 MB, 90 views)
satyabrata.dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 11:42   #25
BHPian

I have recently fished out my dad’s Yashica Electro 35 from the cupboard vault. Unfortunately the battery is no longer made. Also I see a spot of fungus inside the lens.
Could anyone provide me some pointers to camera servicing/repair shops in Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks