Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2020, 23:12   #16
BHPian

Re: The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!

Heres mine. I built this quite some time back and then changed out a few things. But this is how it looked when I was done with it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-dsc06651.jpg  

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-dsc06652.jpg  

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-dsc06664.jpg  

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-dsc06667.jpg  

mav2000 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 00:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Heres mine. I built this quite some time back and then changed out a few things. But this is how it looked when I was done with it.
Cool rig. Love the custom water loop! But, why are you teasing us with only the pictures of such a nice custom rig without telling us what's inside it?

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 12:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Cool rig. Love the custom water loop! But, why are you teasing us with only the pictures of such a nice custom rig without telling us what's inside it?

Cheers
Thanks buddy. I built this rig a long time ago, and other than the ram and the GPU, I have not changed much. As of now it stands like this:

i7 3770K Intel delidded and running at 4.5 Ghz
GTX 1060 Nvidia
16 GB of Ram
2 HDD's and 2 SSD's.

Its running on a fully sleeved Cooler master PSU. I had done the sleeving myself after getting the stuff down from germany from MDPC. The case is a caselabs SM8, which is probably not available anymore as the company sadly shut down. Its a full aluminium case, which is totally configurable as per your requirements. On the cooling side, its all run through a 120X4 radiator, with a xspc pump and cpu block and a aqua computer GPU Block.

Rest of the cooling stuff is from EK and bitspower.

I was majorly into computer case modifications and customisation at one point of time, but due to paucity of time I kind of just gave up. This is still my daily rig and I use it for gaming and movies, whenever I have the time. It runs all the latest games without any issue at 1080p.
mav2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 03:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I built this rig a long time ago, and other than the ram and the GPU, I have not changed much.
I could tell just by looking at the motherboard that it wasn't a very new build, but that doesn't change the appeal of a well-built custom rig.

Quote:
i7 3770K Intel delidded and running at 4.5 Ghz
Cool stuff. I wasn't aware that delidding was a thing back when the Intel 3rd gen CPUs came out. I thought that it started becoming a thing more recently.

I was also going to get my 8700K delidded, because it runs quite hot with the overclock to 4.7Ghz, but when I realized that I wouldn't be sticking with this CPU for much longer, I dropped the idea of spending more money on it. I recently spent a couple of hours getting a good undervolt on my CPU though, and the results are quite good - heat, noise and power consumption have all reduced now.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 23:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 [Intel 9300H / Nvidia GTX 1660TI 6GB / 16GB DDR4 2666 x1 / 256GB NVMe HDD / 1TB 7200RPM HDD / Bluetooth 5 / Wifi 6]
My laptop got an anniversary upgrade last year on October, increasing RAM by 16GB & SSD by 1TB. Total ram stands at 32GB now in dual channel mode while storage is bumped up to 2.25TB consisting of 1x1TB 7200RPM HDD + 1x256GB NVMe + 1x1TB NVMe. Dual channel ram surely helped to increase FPS in some games

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-img_5932.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 04:18   #21
BHPian

Upgrading my rig was something I had in mind for quite sometime, and I couldn't have chosen a worse time to do it with all the PC hardware shortages

Anyway, I did manage to make most of the changes I wanted to, so here it is - my rebuilt monster rig!

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-img_3723.jpg
The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-img_3728.jpg

P.S: The lighting behind the monitor is not for show, it's actually called bias lighting and greatly helps to reduce the strain on your eyes from spending long hours in front of the screen. I bought a rather expensive kit called the Medialight Flex. This kit is certified for 6500K light output which is essentially daylight temperature and is used by professionals. It has really made a lot of difference for me, and I highly recommend it for nerds like me who spend long hours in front of their screens.

Updated specifications:

The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!-rig-rebuild.jpg
  • PSU: I intend to replace the PSU with a 1000w one to support a more powerful GPU, but I want a Platinum Corsair i-series one and they're currently totally out of stock here.
  • GPU: The GPU was the best I could get my hands on at the time in March 2021. This is not the GPU I want or intend to keep in my build, but I will wait for the prices to reduce to more sane levels before upgrading.

3DMark Benchmarks:

Fire Strike Extreme
Time Spy
CPU Profile

Very happy with the system! Gaming is really next level at 1440p - can't wait for a better GPU though

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 12:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Upgrading my rig was something I had in mind for quite sometime, and I couldn't have chosen a worse time to do it with all the PC hardware shortages

Very happy with the system! Gaming is really next level at 1440p - can't wait for a better GPU though

Cheers
Wonderful setup you've go there. Where have you kept the sub of your Z906?

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 14:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Wonderful setup you've go there. Where have you kept the sub of your Z906?
Thank you very much!

The sub is underneath my desk.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 16:58   #24
BHPian

Help with my PC build - for mid range gaming

Big gamer here, mostly though only play processor heavy strategy games (like Cities Skyline 2, Crusader Kings 3 etc) but do dabble in the odd AAA title that catches my fancy like Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk. My mainstay though is Dota (not very graphic intensive) however I usually build a PC every 5-7 years, last was 9 years ago so overdue for a replacement.

My planned build is

Ryzen 7 5700X + RTX 4060 8GB Build

CPU : Ryzen 7 5700X processor
MOB : Gigabyte B550M Ds3h Wifi + BT DDR4 motherboard
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR4 3200mhz
SSD : 1tb ssd Nvme M.2
GPU : RTX 4060 8GB
PSU : 750w 80+ Bronze Power supply
CASE: Ant Esports 220 air white
AIO : 240MM Liquid Cooler White

Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 17:11   #25
BHPian

Re: Help with my PC build - for mid range gaming

What's your overall budget? An AM4 build in 2024 is going to get obsolete real soon. 5700x doesn't really need an AIO tbh, an air cooler would work just fine. Also, make sure you're using dual-channel RAM instead of single-channel. And regarding the PSU, be cautious because there are many low-quality PSUs out there.

You can also check out r/Indiangaming. They have plenty of posts about good gaming setups for different budgets.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2024 at 23:19. Reason: As requested
Old 21st March 2024, 09:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help with my PC build - for mid range gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
Skip the AM4 chip and go straight for the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D. Yes, the build will add to the cost cause the motherboard and ram might also need a change.

You don't need a liquid cooler unless you are going to crank the heck out of the stock cpu. A quality air cooler is more than sufficient.

As mentioned by another FM, a good power supply is essential for the machine to run stable.

All else checks out.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks