Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 10:14   #391
BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
i should turn off wifi in the watch and bluetooth too shouldn’t be connected to the iPhone.
I have faced a similar issue with my Apple Watch 8 cellular (connected to iphone XR) with Jio Prepaid. I had to manually switch off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for the LTE to work. Recently I shifted to Vi Postpaid, and it works smoothly with no changes required.
Old 28th May 2024, 08:16   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Few weeks ago, when watchOS 10.4 was released, I kept it on update while on charging for the night, however, in the morning it was stuck half way and since then have been the same with no change. Both on iPhone and on watch, the update is stuck at the position (Preparing).

Now the issue is, I can’t update it manually or do anything for that matter, it's stuck as it is. Any possible work around?
Noticed similar issue with my Watch Ultra (1). It was stuck on OS update 10.3.1. Waited for a couple of hours and when noticed no movement, I restarted the watch, and this time the update jumped to 10.5.

Not sure if this a solution that always work. I still have a few months on AppleCare+ left on the watch, and hence took the risk of restarting the watch

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_6483.png

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_6484.png
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 15:25   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
Not sure if this a solution that always work. I still have a few months on AppleCare+ left on the watch, and hence took the risk of restarting the watch
Eureka, Although restarting didn't work, resetting the watch worked and now I'm back on track

Since everything was on cloud, I was OK to reset it.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 10:36   #394
BHPian

Hi all, I was planning to get an Apple Watch Series 9 from the USA. I came to hear that the Blood Oxygen feature is disabled for model sold after 18th of jan in the USA has the feature disabled by software(model number ending with LW/A). I wanted to know if there's anyone who got one from US and is able to use the feature here in India.

Thanks,
Vishal
vishal21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 14:00   #395
BHPian

Fellow owners: What's the best way to deal with an old Apple Watch that's still functioning fine but it's EOL?

From what I can tell, there is no real sensible exchange scheme for wearables. Short of junking it to some vendors like Cashify or go through the direct route which is dealing with all sorts of horrible experiences on OLX etc.

I have a series 3 Cellular that has far outlived its life, works fine except for the finicky battery life now. Looking for options as to what to do with it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th June 2024 at 14:08. Reason: Please avoid typing...like...this. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2024, 15:30   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Fellow owners: What's the best way to deal with an old Apple Watch that's still functioning fine but it's EOL?

From what I can tell, there is no real sensible exchange scheme for wearables. Short of junking it to some vendors like Cashify or go through the direct route which is dealing with all sorts of horrible experiences on OLX etc.

I have a series 3 Cellular that has far outlived its life, works fine except for the finicky battery life now. Looking for options as to what to do with it.
Cashify doesnt buy Apple Watches below series 5. Tried to sell my spouse’s series 3 gps on cashify, but there was no option for it. You can try olx or try selling to local stores in your area but resale will be equal to a pizza and couple of beers.
Old 16th June 2024, 00:31   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks who own the Apple Watch Ultra 2, need some feedback as the bug is biting hard from the last few weeks to upgrade my fossil Apple Watch 6.

My AW6 is still working beautifully and still get about 22-24 hours of battery life and is used heavily for many of its functions.

I looked at trading this one and Apple is offering $125 as trade-in which I don't know if its a good deal or not.

Feedback on Ultra 2 :

1. How is the battery life?
2. Does it feel better than the regular Apple Watch?
3. What functions that an Ultra 2 can boast of which is not there in regular watch?

Finally, is there an Ultra 3 coming this September? If yes, then will wait for it.

Cheers & TIA !!
Old 17th June 2024, 19:52   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal21 View Post
Hi all, I was planning to get an Apple Watch Series 9 from the USA. I came to hear that the Blood Oxygen feature is disabled for model sold after 18th of jan in the USA has the feature disabled by software(model number ending with LW/A). I wanted to know if there's anyone who got one from US and is able to use the feature here in India.

Thanks,
Vishal
I have an apple watch series 9 which was purchased in US and is being used outside - in EU. I can confirm that blood oxygen feature is disabled on the watch even after it being used in the EU. hence, I presume if the watch is purchased in US, the feature will not work till the time it is not unblocked by US courts and in turn - by Apple.
Turbo_anup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 17:26   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
]

1. How is the battery life?
2. Does it feel better than the regular Apple Watch?
3. What functions that an Ultra 2 can boast of which is not there in regular watch?

Cheers & TIA !!
1. The battery life is much better than the normal apple watch. I have been using the Ultra 2 for few months now. I get battery life of 2.5 days if I use normally(without any workouts). If I track my workouts, it get around 2 days.

2. Yes, its much better than the regular one. Please note its a big watch. Please check the fit before buying.

3. It's more rugged and can be used for more outdoorsy activities without much fear.
F2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 23:50   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
1. The battery life is much better than the normal apple watch. I have been using the Ultra 2 for few months now. I get battery life of 2.5 days if I use normally(without any workouts). If I track my workouts, it get around 2 days..
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is on "July 4th" sale for $719 vs. $799 (original price) and this is only for a few days.

Worth pulling the trigger? Also, how much did you buy it for and from where?
Old 29th June 2024, 07:18   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is on "July 4th" sale for $719 vs. $799 (original price) and this is only for a few days.

Worth pulling the trigger? Also, how much did you buy it for and from where?
Yes go for it. In India it's 90k INR. I had got it from Dubai for around 65k INR.
F2005 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks