Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 16:40   #1306
BHPian

like i said the panny sales numbers on their india contact site are temporarily out of order and there is no email id.
I doubt it that the delivery guy would be willing to get into service (if he knew in the first place). There is a shipping condition menu option to reset everything
Old 30th July 2008, 16:40   #1307
Senior - BHPian

I recently saw a PV7SH at eZone selling for 62.9K. Isn't it supposed to be only H?

They had displayed 1368xXX resolution in the features tag. I mentioned that the Panny site says 1024 for the PV7. They said they had quoted from the manual !

Btw, went to a brand new Panny brand shop here. They've opened this July. PV7 quote was 74.9 (MRP). I asked for a discount, they said 72.9K !!!! Even after I told them that eZone price was 61.9K (to clarify the first line of my post - it was increased by 1K last week).

And they tried to sell the concept , the 8/80 series is not for India. It's an 'international' model. I said the Panny India site lists the 8/80. They then relented and said 'maybe, but not launched yet. If launched, we will be the first to get'. So much for a brand shop !!!
Old 30th July 2008, 16:59   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
like i said the panny sales numbers on their india contact site are temporarily out of order and there is no email id.
I doubt it that the delivery guy would be willing to get into service (if he knew in the first place). There is a shipping condition menu option to reset everything
That just resets the colour settings etc. The hours the panel was used which is present in the service menu is not reset.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:06   #1309
BHPian

ok guys update - i got through to the panasonic support number listed here Notice to Panasonic customers and the lady there said there is no such thing as pv80D its only pv80h. She said I should talk to the brandshop and I explained to her I wasn't interested in that as they had duped me. She then gave me panny supplier number in Bangy, not sure if he is a distributor or panny sales employee "mr. Sanjiv Reddy". I called him up and he said it is pv80d not H, atleast in karnataka thats what he is supplying. He said he will tell the panny brandshop to replace it asap, as he has just got an invoice from them and it should be mine, which he is loading in godown. No shortage of supplies and pv80s are available with modern electronics too.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:11   #1310
Senior - BHPian

There is one panny brand shop in Rajajinagar also.

Was it like HD ? they kept D for India and H for others ?

Last edited by srishiva : 30th July 2008 at 17:12.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:20   #1311
Senior - BHPian

i doubt if D stands for demo,Just back from digital shoppy, and all the Panasonic boxes read 42PV8D or 42pv80D.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:57   #1312
BHPian

So D is not demo - there are some pricing issues as in they can't sell the same model in in india for almost the same price as in singapore. So its D in India and H in singapore i guess
Update - so i was speaking to the Area Sales manager "Mr. Sanjiv Reddy" it seems and he has assured it has left mysore godown and will reach me tonight. So keep in mind unless you see a packed piece in the store (which is non-demo) and which the dealer sends with you asap (like anush did), it will take a lot of time for delivery from mysore road godown. If you get a delivery in 30 mins or so, its a showroom piece and not from the panny godown. This estimate is for panny shop koramangala, ezone and chroma may have their own stock in a nearby godown.
Old 30th July 2008, 20:48   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So D is not demo - there are some pricing issues as in they can't sell the same model in in india for almost the same price as in singapore. So its D in India and H in singapore i guess

then why did they put up H in the india website? anyways, how is the pv80? am seriously considering it over the pv8, simply cos it has the automatic contrast setting (c.a.t.s). any suggestions?.

and could you post a pic of your screen? i believe it looks a bit diff from the pv8,cos of the glossy outerpanel.

Last edited by aadix : 30th July 2008 at 20:50.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:21   #1314
BHPian

ok went to the showroom and saw 3 pieces of 42pv80D being taken off the panny delivery van. Got the showroom person to take one of those 3 and follow me home. The sales guy was sane today as I guess the panny area sales manager must have shouted at him There is another knowledgable sales guy "prakash reddy" who was there the first time I went to the store (but on leave when I took delivery yesterday). He apologised on behalf of the other sales guy. Anyways the installation guy came along and completely disconnected the showroom piece and dismatled the stand, etc. Packed it up nicely and then unpacked and connected the new piece. Also got the vguard 500va digital stabiliser connected, which i picked up from panny showroom for 2300/-
A point I learnt here (may not be reliable always) when he turned tv on, quite unlike yesterday, it asked for country and region information and then proceeded automatically to tuning channels. This never happened in the showroom piece!!
Anyways here are some pics - the glossy finish is nice and matches my jamo fronts I am already using 2 out of 3 hdmis for my dual PS3s. Sorry for the gazillion cables on the trolly next to the panny swivel stand, they are for my ext hdd and ps3 controllers/keyboard/etc. Also featured in the pics are my onkyo thx 990S system and some of the onlyo speakers (recovered after the last robbery http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...recovered.html )

pic of old setup

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-p200408_17.47.jpg

pics of new setup

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-p300708_21.57.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-p300708_21.56.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-p300708_21.54.jpg

Last edited by jassi : 30th July 2008 at 22:27.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:12   #1315
BHPian

If it is a fresh piece then it will configure itself and gives a demo, otherwise it is a used one. The old one looks like a SONY, what happened to that.

Quote:
ok went to the showroom and saw 3 pieces of 42pv80D being taken off the panny delivery van. Got the showroom person to take one of those 3 and follow me home. The sales guy was sane today as I guess the panny area sales manager must have shouted at him There is another knowledgable sales guy "prakash reddy" who was there the first time I went to the store (but on leave when I took delivery yesterday). He apologised on behalf of the other sales guy. Anyways the installation guy came along and completely disconnected the showroom piece and dismatled the stand, etc. Packed it up nicely and then unpacked and connected the new piece. Also got the vguard 500va digital stabiliser connected, which i picked up from panny showroom for 2300/-
A point I learnt here (may not be reliable always) when he turned tv on, quite unlike yesterday, it asked for country and region information and then proceeded automatically to tuning channels. This never happened in the showroom piece!!
Anyways here are some pics - the glossy finish is nice and matches my jamo fronts I am already using 2 out of 3 hdmis for my dual PS3s. Sorry for the gazillion cables on the trolly next to the panny swivel stand, they are for my ext hdd and ps3 controllers/keyboard/etc. Also featured in the pics are my onkyo thx 990S system and some of the onlyo speakers (recovered after the last robbery http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...recovered.html )

pic of old setup

Attachment 33833

pics of new setup

Attachment 33826

Attachment 33827

Attachment 33828
Old 31st July 2008, 16:07   #1316
BHPian

@gopi the old one is a barely 1yr old sony bravia 3lcd and its now sold to my housemate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
If it is a fresh piece then it will configure itself and gives a demo, otherwise it is a used one. The old one looks like a SONY, what happened to that.
@adix - the CATS system works perfectly fine and thats another reason I chose the pv80, as I use the screen in my bedroom and lighting conditions change from daylight to inside lighting to lights off pitch dark at night before i fall asleep with the sleep timer on the tv

one feature i am missing though is the wake up alarm - the panny it seems does not automatically go on at a preset time unlike my bravia!!
Old 31st July 2008, 17:23   #1317
BHPian

oh ok, I am having the same model but it's WEGA engine.
One thing I found is that even in 26/32 '' Samsung LCD I could see the pixelation very big when I go near it, however even with my 42 '' TV I could see very small pixelation when watching near it.

TV connected with different devices
DVD
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dvd.jpg

Cable TV
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-cable.jpg

Tata Sky
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tatasky.jpg

PC
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-pc.jpg

Quote:
@gopi the old one is a barely 1yr old sony bravia 3lcd and its now sold to my housemate

@adix - the CATS system works perfectly fine and thats another reason I chose the pv80, as I use the screen in my bedroom and lighting conditions change from daylight to inside lighting to lights off pitch dark at night before i fall asleep with the sleep timer on the tv

one feature i am missing though is the wake up alarm - the panny it seems does not automatically go on at a preset time unlike my bravia!!
Old 31st July 2008, 19:54   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
oh ok, I am having the same model but it's WEGA engine.
yeah the wega engine was before they reduced the prices by a massive 20k during cricket world cup or something and also added the bravia engine to the 3lcd series
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:51   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
yeah the wega engine was before they reduced the prices by a massive 20k during cricket world cup or something and also added the bravia engine to the 3lcd series
Jassi is the Wega 3DLP still available -- i dont want to invest in a high end LCD at the moment -- it sure looks good - are there any other DLP TVs available in India that you know of ? -- i did a bit of googling but did not come up with any options
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:58   #1320
BHPian

1) wega engine was replaced by bravia - so its bravia 3lcd or rather bravia sxrd - sxrd replaced 3lcd a few years ago
2) sony stopped production of rear projection lcd tvs, despite their sxrd sets being consistently rated (by cnet, av mags, etc)as the best bang for buck, with picture qualities rivalling high end plasmas and lcds at extremely low prices (1/10th for 70" i believe)
Sony officially quits rear-projection TV production - Engadget

Although it is available as per sony site, most stores didn't want to sell it 1 year back (except at sony stores that too once they realised i know how good it is) and now you'll be lucky to find a showroom piece as no one stocks it anymore. Infact if you call sony brand stores even they will say it is end of sale and no stock.
There were huge sales of the sxrd when sony announced end of sale and cancelled all back orders (for the 70"). I know friends in US picked them up at a market price as they knew it was good.
However now 1 year later, I feel plasmas are much more long term investment and they cost almost the same as sxrds or 3lcds (60-70k for 42"). Also plasmas have a 100,000 hr life whereas with the sxrd/3lcd you will have to hunt for a replacement bulb after 9000 hrs or if there is a lamp failure, which i doubt you will get in india 2 years from now when you need it.
This is the exact reason I moved out of 3lcd after 1 year of usage (less than 2000 hrs i guess).
No point in buying an rptv 42" for 50k when you can get a 42" pv7h from panny at 55k or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Jassi is the Wega 3DLP still available -- i dont want to invest in a high end LCD at the moment -- it sure looks good - are there any other DLP TVs available in India that you know of ? -- i did a bit of googling but did not come up with any options

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks