Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2024, 16:24   #10486
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have shortlisted 4 tvs.

This tcl one.
Toshiba 650mp ( Brightness is less than U7k but price is very attractive.)
Hisense U7k( prime contender). I expect it's prize during prime day sale to fall below 50k.

Last one is Sony X82L. I have a 55inch Sony in bedroom and it's fantastic. PQ and up scaling of a Sony TV is the best in my opinion. So my bias towards this is evident. It usually goes for 80k+ but I expect this to hit around 65k during the sale. As it's a living room tv and won't be used much so still debating in my head if I should spend 15-20k more for this. Let's see what the offers come.
I'm surprised you're looking at something besides SONY or LG.

On a side note, any idea about the newly launched Bravia 3? I was waiting for Bravia 2, but it ended up in the league of the X74L / X75L. I think the 3 will be superior for sure.

P. S.: X82L is currently retailing at 79k INR on Amazon. Add a few card discounts and it will settle you back by ~ 73k INR.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 16th July 2024 at 16:25.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 16:48   #10487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I'm surprised you're looking at something besides SONY or LG.

On a side note, any idea about the newly launched Bravia 3? I was waiting for Bravia 2, but it ended up in the league of the X74L / X75L. I think the 3 will be superior for sure.

P. S.: X82L is currently retailing at 79k INR on Amazon. Add a few card discounts and it will settle you back by ~ 73k INR.
As I mentioned it's a living room tv. I will hardly see it and primary usage will be by my parents and my son and they don't care much about brand or PQ like me . This is why trying to keep purchase cost as less as possible.

As Sony has listed Bravia 2 at 65k I full expect them to list Bravia 3 atleast 90k around. Bravia 3 will be a good tv but at 90k won't make sense.

Right now after sbi discount x82l is available at 72,240. Good price but I am still expecting it to hit 65k during sale.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 17:36   #10488
BHPian

Quote:
As Sony has listed Bravia 2 at 65k I full expect them to list Bravia 3 atleast 90k around. Bravia 3 will be a good tv but at 90k won't make sense.
True, I'm also suspecting the same. also, being a 2024 release.

Quote:
Right now after sbi discount x82l is available at 72,240. Good price but I am still expecting it to hit 65k during sale.
I'm waiting for the same too and in all likelihood would pick the 82L; though I have been looking to pick one since 2 months now.

P. S.: Authorized SONY showroom was quoting 72k with HDFC CC discount a few months back. Will also check with them before the prime day sale.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 16th July 2024 at 17:37.
Old 18th July 2024, 11:45   #10489
BHPian

Quote:
This tcl one.
Toshiba 650mp ( Brightness is less than U7k but price is very attractive.)
Hisense U7k( prime contender). I expect it's prize during prime day sale to fall below 50k.

Last one is Sony X82L. I have a 55inch Sony in bedroom and it's fantastic. PQ and up scaling of a Sony TV is the best in my opinion. So my bias towards this is evident. It usually goes for 80k+ but I expect this to hit around 65k during the sale. As it's a living room tv and won't be used much so still debating in my head if I should spend 15-20k more for this. Let's see what the offers come.
Isn't the u7k way ahead of the 82l in terms of picture quality? Was checking online reviews for a second tv and it seemed like a fald model like the x90l is required before it's beaten by any significant margin.
Noctis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 12:03   #10490
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like Amazon has commenced some early discounts already.

X82L retailing at 65k odd for various CC’s.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_5672.jpeg

X92L is ~ 1.03 L. Not sure , if this jump is worth is from the 82L.

Aside, I just had a quick call with a SONY dealer and he mentioned that the 2024 ‘2’ & ‘3’ series aren’t a significant upgrade from respective 75L or 82L models of 2023. Hence , not quite worthy of the price. Better stick to 2023 models.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 19th July 2024 at 12:05.
Old 19th July 2024, 12:58   #10491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Isn't the u7k way ahead of the 82l in terms of picture quality? Was checking online reviews for a second tv and it seemed like a fald model like the x90l is required before it's beaten by any significant margin.
Seems to be.
But Sony up scaling is on another level.
X90L is in a different league.

Quote:
Seems like Amazon has commenced some early discounts already.

X82L retailing at 65k odd for various CC’s.

Attachment 2629239

X92L is ~ 1.03 L. Not sure , if this jump is worth is from the 82L.

Aside, I just had a quick call with a SONY dealer and he mentioned that the 2024 ‘2’ & ‘3’ series aren’t a significant upgrade from respective 75L or 82L models of 2023. Hence , not quite worthy of the price. Better stick to 2023 models.
Been tracking the price since yesterday evening. X82L at 66k is a good price. U7k at 52k is also an enticing price. Waiting for evening to see if these 2 get more reduction. Considering if these remain at same price I am still debating if 82L is worth 14k more when I will barely see it and primary usage will be of you tube by my son and OTT by my mother. Let's see.
Old 19th July 2024, 13:53   #10492
BHPian

Quote:
X90L is in a different league.

Been tracking the price since yesterday evening. X82L at 66k is a good price. U7k at 52k is also an enticing price. Waiting for evening to see if these 2 get more reduction. Considering if these remain at same price I am still debating if 82L is worth 14k more when I will barely see it and primary usage will be of you tube by my son and OTT by my mother. Let's see.
I am now contemplating on getting the X90L. The price difference is very steep though ~ 38k INR.
It is just a FULL array TV and not an OLED per se. Apparently it gives the 'feel' of an OLED panel itseems with full backlighting v/s just edge backlighting in the X82L. Personally, I didn't find that appreciable of a difference at the store between the two. Not sure now whether this additional cost over and above the X82L would be worth it.

This TV of ours would be for living room and will be used for majority of the time by all the members of the family for HD Channels, News, YT and OTT content.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 19th July 2024 at 13:55.
Old 19th July 2024, 14:23   #10493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now contemplating on getting the X90L. The price difference is very steep though ~ 38k INR.
It is just a FULL array TV and not an OLED per se. Apparently it gives the 'feel' of an OLED panel itseems with full backlighting v/s just edge backlighting in the X82L. Personally, I didn't find that appreciable of a difference at the store between the two. Not sure now whether this additional cost over and above the X82L would be worth it.

This TV of ours would be for living room and will be used for majority of the time by all the members of the family for HD Channels, News, YT and OTT content.
X90L is a fantastic tv as per all reviews I have seen. If I was buying for bedroom I would have seriously given it a thought. If you are looking at the budget of 1 Lac why not check out some Oleds too. I think LG A3 something OLED yesterday for 55 inch was available for 80k after bank discounts. OLED will always trump the FALD panels. I will suggest for that budget go for OLED or stick to X82L and save some money.

My use case is different. I have a Sony tv in bedroom. Parents have a LG tv in bedroom. And we prefer watching it there at our leisure. Living room will be hardly used for 3-4 hours a day if at all. That why I was looking at 50k budget as spending more money and then not using the product much will be a waste. However never used brands like Hisense or TCL so it's becoming a tough decision as their specifications are better than big brand tvs under 1 Lac.

I had a Samsung in living room earlier which did good job for 7-8 years. Panel failed and wasn't repairable so there hasn't been a tv in living room since few months and no body missed it. It's just my son is growing up and he wants to watch stuff and I don't want him to watch it on mobile or Laptop which will put more strain on his eyes. This is primary reason.

PS- Also, Sony is giving 1 year warranty. Hisense is giving 2 year on U7K and newly launched U7N will get 3 year warranty. This is also a factor in consideration while making decision.

Last edited by harry10 : 19th July 2024 at 14:28.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 14:57   #10494
BHPian

Quote:
You can consider the TCL-C755 as well. Comparable to the u7n.

The Hisense u7k is a solid choice. I own it, along with a comparable Samsung qn85c. You won't go wrong with either.

IMO, the Sony x82l is inferior to all the above mentioned TVs.
mpthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 15:23   #10495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post

The Hisense u7k is a solid choice. I own it, along with a comparable Samsung qn85c. You won't go wrong with either.

IMO, the Sony x82l is inferior to all the above mentioned TVs.
Thanks for valuable input.
Your u7k is 55 or 65 inches?
I believe both are VA panels.
Do give a little more review about this one.

Samsung I believe doesn't have Dolby vision in any of their tvs.

C755 is a good choice as well. 1300 nits of peak Brightness. U7k 55 inch has 1000nits. C755 is available at 60k. U7k at 52k. 8k difference. Service I believe is better in hisense as per user reviews.
Old 19th July 2024, 17:52   #10496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In case you missed it, Sony Bravia 3 has been launched on Amazon.
75k after card discount. It's better than X82L. Might get more discount when sale starts at midnight.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 21:43   #10497
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking at the budget of 1 Lac why not check out some Oleds too. I think LG A3 something OLED yesterday for 55 inch was available for 80k after bank discounts. OLED will always trump the FALD panels. I will suggest for that budget go for OLED or stick to X82L and save some money.
Quote:
In case you missed it, Sony Bravia 3 has been launched on Amazon.
75k after card discount. It's better than X82L. Might get more discount when sale starts at midnight.
LOL, these deals are only adding to my confusion. The LG A3 OLED indeed looks like a tempting deal now. It's retailing at ~ 81k after all discounts. Only issue is the Web OS v/s Google TV and I'm not very sure about the PQ of LG's v/s the Sony. But ofcourse, I think the OLED panel in itself will make up for it and hope the upscaling of LG OLED's should also be good.

Aside, I just came across Vineet Malhotra's YT video , and he mentioned that the A3 is retailing at 74k odd. But I cannot find that deal on Amazon currently.

Bravia 3 on the other hand is quite similar to the X82L apart from the slimmer design. Feature-wise I don't see any major changes, atleast in the spec sheet or the YT reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post

I'm not too keen on going for the other brands apart from Sony or LG. LG also I'm a little skeptical cause for me TV = SONY and it has proved itself for last 16 years!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 19th July 2024 at 21:44.
Old 19th July 2024, 22:07   #10498
BHPian

Quote:
Aside, I just came across Vineet Malhotra's YT video , and he mentioned that the A3 is retailing at 74k odd. But I cannot find that deal on Amazon currently.
I could find it for 78.5k on Flipkart. Possibly another 1k cashback through grabdeals.

If you are going to keep it in a somewhat dark room this would be an amazing option.
Old 19th July 2024, 23:10   #10499
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for valuable input.
Your u7k is 55 or 65 inches?
I believe both are VA panels.
Do give a little more review about this one.

Samsung I believe doesn't have Dolby vision in any of their tvs.

C755 is a good choice as well. 1300 nits of peak Brightness. U7k 55 inch has 1000nits. C755 is available at 60k. U7k at 52k. 8k difference. Service I believe is better in hisense as per user reviews.
I own the 55 u7k, which is a VA panel. The 65 that retails here is an IPS panel. The blacks are good, colours look fairly natural, and it is very bright. At 52 it’s a great buy. Hisense is fairly prompt with their service.

As for TCL, I’ve not experienced their service, but it shouldn’t be bad in NCR, which is where I suppose you live.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 00:29   #10500
BHPian

Quote:
The LG A3 OLED indeed looks like a tempting deal now. It's retailing at ~ 81k after all discounts. Only issue is the Web OS v/s Google TV and I'm not very sure about the PQ of LG's v/s the Sony. But ofcourse, I think the OLED panel in itself will make up for it and hope the upscaling of LG OLED's should also be good.

So, finally ended up picking the LG A3 55” OLED at 77.5k INR on Amazon via SBI CC No Cost EMI.

Even though I was a little skeptical about LG given the above points and the brand itself, the overall price it was being offered made me give in. Hope I have made the right choice by ditching SONY.

The price is varying and is now retailing at 82k odd.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_5679.jpeg

Bravia 3 was retailing similar to the X82L at 65k odd after discounts. Too sweet deal for a newly launched model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks