Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 12:48   #10201
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Hi, my Sony LED 40 inch display is half gone. There is no physical damage to the TV but the display has issues. Can anyone recommend any reliable place to get it repaired in Navi Mumbai (preferred)/ Mumbai? Cost is going to be a factor as it is 6 years old LED.
Thanks in advance.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv.jpg

Last edited by sahil624 : 1st October 2022 at 12:55.
Old 1st October 2022, 13:17   #10202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, my Sony LED 40 inch display is half gone.
How old is the TV? Did this happen suddenly or gradually?
Old 1st October 2022, 13:51   #10203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How old is the TV? Did this happen suddenly or gradually?
Unfortunately, a wall clock fell on it and it toppled over. It was working fine before the incident.
Old 1st October 2022, 14:13   #10204
BHPian

Hello there fellows,

Could someone please recommend a wall TV mount with 180 degree swivel for a 55/65" LED and if possible extension too?

The thing is there is only one placement in the room and that is adjacent wall ( to the left ) to the bed. So even with 180 degree swivel, the tv would sit at the corner of the bed and one would have to look to their left throughout to watch the TV, sounds really painful right? So is there any solution to this? The maximum extension I have seen so far is about 550 mm, that's like half the TV length ( for 55" ) which is entirely taken up by the swivel action hence does not solve the purpose entirely.

Thank you.
Old 1st October 2022, 15:24   #10205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no physical damage to the TV but the display has issues.
Quote:
Unfortunately, a wall clock fell on it and it toppled over.
Eh, how is that not physical damage?

The panel must have cracked internally even though the outside glass is intact. Infact, the lines on the screen appear to be cracks. Might have hit the corner when it fell down. Full extent of the damage will only become clear once it is opened up.

Good luck with the repairs.
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 18:23   #10206
BHPian

I contacted the Urban Company and they are changing the panel. They have quoted a cost of Rs.14000. Let's see.

Also, I have been looking for new TV options in case this doesn't work out and have short listed following two options:

1. LG UQ8020 43 inch
2. Samsung AUE 65

Out of the two, I am sure that LG has Airplay option. However, I am not unable to locate whether the Samsung one has it or not. The Samsung and Retailer websites are not clear about the same, even the Samsung customer care is not sure. If any one has this AUE 65 model from Samsung, can you confirm whether the model has Airplay connectivity? This is e-seller only model from Samsung.

Thanks.
Old 4th October 2022, 09:26   #10207
Senior - BHPian

Sony A95K vs LG G2

Hello Friends,
I'm looking for a decent OLED screen/display in the market. I'm looking for following features.

A fantastic display that can last a good few years - I'm going to use media players so no OS or features needed at this point.
This will be a second unit so will be dedicated for HDR content and movies mostly from OTT (I may use it for certain TrueHD, 7.1/Atmos downloaded movies as well to get that blue-ray disk experience) and some occasional gaming. I'd try to keep it mostly in the dark area.

Now, we know that the LG G2 is the brightest OLED by LG so far while A95K has got the QD-OLED and more or less the same brightness levels. However, the A95K has got the edge with the color volume parameters, shows better dynamic range ,DTS support (I'm going to connect my speakers to AVR so may not need that!) and has benefits of QD-OLED which we only have on paper at this point.
LG G2 would be a economical by a good margin when compared to A95K, with most OLED benefits and gaming abilities (which I can let go as I'm not into hardcore gaming) G2 stands almost there with A95K in terms of features and PQ and remaining economical. So, it seems very practical and logical to go with G2 at this point.

With the Sony Tax + Sony price, A95K would always be higher priced than G2. However, what do you guys think? At what difference in price the A95K would start making sense over G2 for a 65" size? Do you think QD-OLED can be considered over evo G2 panel that now has got heatsink and would almost have similar longevity as QD-OLED!! Keeping the budget limitations, should I even think of going with Sony 55A95K over LG 65G2?
Another question: Why LG is not giving 5 year warranty for the gallery edition units in India, why India market is ignored! This can become another +point for G2 buyers if LG can honor that.
Please let me know your views and inputs. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2022, 10:31   #10208
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sony A95K vs LG G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Keeping the budget limitations, should I even think of going with Sony 55A95K over LG 65G2?

Since you are contemplating between a 65' LG vs 55' Sony, I'd say that you should opt for the bigger TV period. Even if someone asks me for a suggestion between a bigger LCD or a smaller OLED, I always suggest the bigger TV because IMO, size is the biggest 'feature' that a TV can have. So as long as the bigger TV is a decent one, it is the one to go for. In this case, the LG G2 is much more than just 'decent'.

If you want to compare the TVs, refer to this site for a direct comparison between them-

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...threshold=0.10
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:21   #10209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So as long as the bigger TV is a decent one, it is the one to go for. In this case, the LG G2 is much more than just 'decent'.

If you want to compare the TVs, refer to this site for a direct comparison between them-

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...threshold=0.10
Thanks for the response. Yes, I've been reading rtings since my last tv purchase and found it to be helpful. I'd surely consider that size factor and immersive experience that one gets with the bigger size. However, looking at the color volume, color brightness and other parameters on A95K, I'd myself confused. I'm considering this only if I don't see a very big difference between them in terms of price. Someone on hifivision confirmed that he's got the 65A95K around 2.45L which I think is a very good price and thinking if I get to see something similar or even better between Dussehra and Deepavali time!
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 18:29   #10210
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone had a look at the LG A2 model?

https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-oled65a2psa
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/a2-oled

What do you guys think? 1.5 or less for the 65 OLED seems interesting for a pure YouTube/streaming services viewer.
Old 17th October 2022, 19:46   #10211
BHPian

Quote:
With the Sony Tax + Sony price, A95K would always be higher priced than G2. However, what do you guys think? At what difference in price the A95K would start making sense over G2 for a 65" size? Do you think QD-OLED can be considered over evo G2 panel that now has got heatsink and would almost have similar longevity as QD-OLED!!
Why not check out the C2 which is almost similar to the G2 and cheaper too? RTINGS says the difference between the two is minor. In my opinion, the C2 makes more sense than the G2. Regarding the Sony A95K, it's a new QD-OLED Panel by Samsung and is untested:

But if you want a TV with the best color out there and have no problem with its price, Go for it.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 23:44   #10212
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to understand if anyone on the forum has checked what is the discounted rates for the Sony XR-65X90K which is the 65-inch 2022 model? Please share the best quotes you might have heard here or PM me.
Old 19th October 2022, 04:00   #10213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,
I'm looking for a decent OLED screen/display in the market. I'm looking for following features.

A fantastic display that can last a good few years - I'm going to use media players so no OS or features needed at this point.
This will be a second unit so will be dedicated for HDR content and movies mostly from OTT (I may use it for certain TrueHD, 7.1/Atmos downloaded movies as well to get that blue-ray disk experience) and some occasional gaming. I'd try to keep it mostly in the dark area.

Now, we know that the LG G2 is the brightest OLED by LG so far while A95K has got the QD-OLED and more or less the same brightness levels. However, the A95K has got the edge with the color volume parameters, shows better dynamic range ,DTS support (I'm going to connect my speakers to AVR so may not need that!) and has benefits of QD-OLED which we only have on paper at this point.
LG G2 would be a economical by a good margin when compared to A95K, with most OLED benefits and gaming abilities (which I can let go as I'm not into hardcore gaming) G2 stands almost there with A95K in terms of features and PQ and remaining economical. So, it seems very practical and logical to go with G2 at this point.

With the Sony Tax + Sony price, A95K would always be higher priced than G2. However, what do you guys think? At what difference in price the A95K would start making sense over G2 for a 65" size? Do you think QD-OLED can be considered over evo G2 panel that now has got heatsink and would almost have similar longevity as QD-OLED!! Keeping the budget limitations, should I even think of going with Sony 55A95K over LG 65G2?
Another question: Why LG is not giving 5 year warranty for the gallery edition units in India, why India market is ignored! This can become another +point for G2 buyers if LG can honor that.
Please let me know your views and inputs. Thanks.

Go for the Sony. I bought an 65 inch LG CX back in 2020 and it came with a faulty motherboard which lead to the TV freezing randomly. I had to run behind LG support for almost a year and they would just keep deflecting it by saying it's just some software issue and the technician would just reset the TV and say it will work now. This went on about a dozen times until I escalated and asked for a complete replacement of the TV. Finally got connected to some high ranking coorporate employee who convinced us to just change the PCB. TV works flawlessly after PCB replacement but you have to consider the time wasted and frustration you have to endure in case you have to deal with LG's customer support
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 05:42   #10214
BHPian

I agree totally with the LG customer support part or the lack of it. Unless you escalate your issue and sometimes despite doing it, your issue hardly gets resolved. That isva big issue with LG. Go for Sony!
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 22:27   #10215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Go for the Sony. I bought an 65 inch LG CX back in 2020 and it came with a faulty motherboard which lead to the TV freezing randomly. I had to run behind LG support for almost a year and they would just keep deflecting it by saying it's just some software issue and the technician would just reset the TV and say it will work now. This went on about a dozen times until I escalated and asked for a complete replacement of the TV. Finally got connected to some high ranking coorporate employee who convinced us to just change the PCB. TV works flawlessly after PCB replacement but you have to consider the time wasted and frustration you have to endure in case you have to deal with LG's customer support
Thank you.
I have got Sony 65A95K finally and just got it installed today. It has amazing picture quality I'd say.
I always thought LG is on top of the list when it comes to customer care. Also, since it's the only manufacturer of WOLED, thought they would easily be able to support customer issues.
I've just started to set things up with Sony A95K now, I'm using my NVidia shield pro for now and going to setup my AVR and speakers soon. I'll share more details with the overall experience soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks