Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 18:24   #9376
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Krishna,

If you haven't decided yet, why don't you have a look at Realme TVs that's just launched today and up for sale on June 2nd. Hopefully, its not a flash sale like mobiles.

They have 32" and 43" models.
Well i wanted a cheap TV for my Pune flat & Mi served the bill. The Realme TV doesnt offer anything spectacular over the competition in terms of features and price. Here is what the most popular SmartTV review Youtuber in india has to say for realme & onida:

I am partial towards Mi for the following reasons:
  • You can actually see the TV at Mi Experience Stores in popular cities before buying and make an informed decision.
  • Support centers, community forums & spares should be much easier to get owing to the popularity of Mi brand and the number of TVs sold.

Here is the pic of my budget home theater setup: MiTV Pro 43' & Logitech Z906

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_8910.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_8908.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_8909.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_8912.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 10:20   #9377
BHPian

Good morning.

Looking at the Vu 43PM 4K TV as a 2nd TV.

Has a VA panel, that's what I figured from available information. How will it fare against an IPS panel except the deep blacks theory, which is just too much to expect from these low cost TVs.

Primary TV is MI (50") and I was leaning towards another MI, however, their 43" version is FHD and probably doesn't even have HDR. Doesn't have dual Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version is still v4.2. And the price difference is around INR 3k. when compared with the Vu.

The 32" model will be lacklusture.

Not wanting to spend much on the TV, Vu is the only other option. It has everything that the aforementioned 43" MI doesn't have.

I have heard decent 1st hand experiences on MI service centers, how is it about Vu?

If not, I will just stick to the 32" MI

Budget is max. INR 25k.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-1591678224914.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-1591678237744.jpg  

Old 9th June 2020, 16:55   #9378
BHPian

Further to my post above, I am in the process of finalizing the product, however, need some suggestions of Flipkart's Complete Protection plan.

The plan has a warranty of 3 years, and costs INR 799/- for the 32" model and INR 1999/- for the 43" 4K model.

As the name suggests, it offers complete protection as well as 30% of current price on exchanging after 3 years.

Has anyone bought this additional cover while buying a TV from Flipkart?

Did anyone have to file a claim under this plan?

Your inputs are appreciated.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 9th June 2020 at 16:56.
Old 9th June 2020, 17:48   #9379
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
The plan has a warranty of 3 years, and costs INR 799/- for the 32" model and INR 1999/- for the 43" 4K model.
Instead of Flipkart assurance, my brother, who bought the 50in Pixelight variant got the extended warranty from Vu itself. The details for the same are on its website. AFAIK, the technician who installed it guided him through the extended warranty process.

Also, if you are not in too much hurry, I would suggest waiting till July because rumours suggest OnePlus is probably gonna launch their 43 and 32 inch TV versions then, alongside Oneplus Z.

Nonetheless, Vu TVs are good for the price and whosoever in my family bought it has been happy with the performance of both the video and the audio.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 19:34   #9380
BHPian

Quote:
Good morning.

Looking at the Vu 43PM 4K TV as a 2nd TV.

Has a VA panel, that's what I figured from available information. How will it fare against an IPS panel except the deep blacks theory, which is just too much to expect from these low cost TVs.

Primary TV is MI (50") and I was leaning towards another MI, however, their 43" version is FHD and probably doesn't even have HDR. Doesn't have dual Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version is still v4.2. And the price difference is around INR 3k. when compared with the Vu.

The 32" model will be lacklusture.

Not wanting to spend much on the TV, Vu is the only other option. It has everything that the aforementioned 43" MI doesn't have.

I have heard decent 1st hand experiences on MI service centers, how is it about Vu?

If not, I will just stick to the 32" MI

Budget is max. INR 25k.

Thanks in advance.
Just wait for a day more , Vu is going to launch its new range of TV's on 10th June.( Tomorrow )
I am also waiting for the same to buy a 55" TV from Vu.

Where are you planning to buy Vu from . The only source that I can find is Flipkart and the availability and pricing on the site is way above the MRP of the TV's currently .( Maybe due to lack in demand )

Regarding the service, I am in the same boat as you . Have no information about service quality etc but the product quality seems excellent as per all you tube reviewers.
WanderinNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 09:29   #9381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Also, if you are not in too much hurry, I would suggest waiting till July because rumours suggest OnePlus is probably gonna launch their 43 and 32 inch TV versions then
It is not a rumour anymore. They are launching it on 2nd July with starting price under 20k. From Amazon:

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-screenshot_20200610092454_amazon-shopping.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 10:34   #9382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Just wait for a day more , Vu is going to launch its new range

Where are you planning to buy Vu from
Looks like the Ultra is almost similar to the Premium except -

1. one HDMI CEC port

2. Advanced picture settings (Gamma, Hue level, etc.)

3. Child lock

I personally feel the Ultra range was launched to manage Amazon and off-line sales.

Anyway, the quality of these TVs w.r.t.their price looks great.

I am on the fence now between Premium (Flipkart) and Ultra (Amazon). Both are priced similar, but I am getting 1500/- off on Flipkart on Citi cards.

Most probably will order today, Premium or Ultra (43 inches)

Last edited by Safety is Param : 11th June 2020 at 10:35.
Old 11th June 2020, 10:49   #9383
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the Ultra is almost similar to the Premium except -

1. one HDMI CEC port

2. Advanced picture settings (Gamma, Hue level, etc.)

3. Child lock

I personally feel the Ultra range was launched to manage Amazon and off-line sales.

Anyway, the quality of these TVs w.r.t.their price looks great.

I am on the fence now between Premium (Flipkart) and Ultra (Amazon). Both are priced similar, but I am getting 1500/- off on Flipkart on Citi cards.

Both are the same.
I have ordered vu 4k 55 inch from Amazon yesterday for 33k.
However I am vary about service of vu tv .

I being the type of a guy who prefers to buy a product for long time with good service for repair / replacement , I am still considering buying Mi 65 inch for 53k

I have a mi 4a , 2 years old, still gets regular updatesAnd works excellent .

Suggestions welcome
Old 11th June 2020, 11:17   #9384
BHPian

Quote:
I have ordered vu 4k 55 inch from Amazon yesterday...I am vary about service of vu tv...I being the type of a guy who prefers to buy a product for long time with good service for repair / replacement
Pls reserve your best bet for the Primary TV. You may take chances with your secondary TV.

After being bitten by the part replacement cost for my LG 47" LE5500 purchased in 2011 (finally replaced by MI 49" in June 2019), I am willing to take my chances on brands like MI, Vu, etc. by ensuring I do my basics right in terms of maintaining electronics and going for extended warranty wherever possible.
Old 11th June 2020, 11:20   #9385
BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions welcome
From some experiences here on this thread, ive come to understand these budget TVs life is limited. I think folks got two to three years. Of the lot i also understand TCL is better engineered. My colleague in the US has a TCL and the little that i saw, i was impressed. Having said that, i dont have first hand experience on any of these brands.
Old 11th June 2020, 11:25   #9386
BHPian

Quote:
Pls reserve your best bet for the Primary TV. You may take chances with your secondary TV.

After being bitten by the part replacement cost for my LG 47" LE5500 purchased in 2011 (finally replaced by MI 49" in June 2019), I am willing to take my chances on brands like MI, Vu, etc. by ensuring I do my basics right in terms of maintaining electronics and going for extended warranty wherever possible.
Any idea about VU service, longevity, etc.
I asked VU yesterday and they have a 3 year extended warranty for 4k which I may end up purchasing.
I am very confident with mi products, not too sure of VU.

Hence, I am shifting towards Mi 65 inch for 63k.

All the reviewers on YouTube say that VU is much better than Mi. VU pricing is also tempting. But if I think all the parameters they are comparing won't matter much to me. Service and longevity will be much more important.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th December 2020 at 02:15. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Old 13th June 2020, 08:10   #9387
Senior - BHPian

Given the reputation of Mi with respect to consumer privacy, I would think thrice before putting my money on any Mi product which has their software running on it. If the Forbes report is anything to go by, I would not want to touch an Mi product (any Chinese product for that matter) if there are alternatives available.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 15:42   #9388
BHPian

Quote:
TV was delivered today. Installation will most probably happen tomorrow.

Had also ordered another display from Amazon, which too got delivered today.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-1592043141971.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-1592043154804.jpg  

Old 13th June 2020, 21:45   #9389
BHPian

Also bought a 55 inch vu ultra tv for 33k.
Will soon be buying a 3 year warranty for additional 3k.The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-15920648661007783432251270081937.jpg
WanderinNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 11:57   #9390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about vu service,longevity etc .

I asked vu yesterday and they have a 3 year extended warranty for 4k which I may end up purchasing .

I am very confident with mi products , not too sure of vu.

Hence I am shifting towards Mi 65 inch for 63k

All the reviewers on utube say that vu is much better than mi . Vu pricing is also tempting. But if I think all the parameters they are comparing won't matter much to me . Service and longevity will be much more important
I have been using VU tvs since last 8 years. Fantastic quality and service. I was the first one to buy VU in my family and friend circle. Now almost everyone has VU tvs in their homes. In fact in October 19, I gave away 8 year old perfectly running VU tv to our driver because I wanted to buy a smart tv. Replaced it with 55 inch VU android tv.

There are a lot of affordable smart tvs like Nokia, Motorola, Mi, Realme, Oneplus now available, but I wil stick to VU for a long long time.

VU Technologies on Tuesday said it has sold a record 50,000 television sets in the largest selling category of 4K TVs in May, even as the lockdown continued across several parts of the country.

https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...kdown/1986294/
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks