Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 15:30   #8911
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Panasonic and Sharp are the other options, not sure if you can find Sharp in non-Reliance outlets.
Old 18th June 2019, 16:40   #8912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I would like to buy 49" and above. Has anyone recently bought brands like Panasonic, Sanyo, Kodak etc (other than the big 3). If so what has been the experience. Am ok with a full HD TV also provided the PQ is great. Not interested in Vu and others.
Panasonic has by far the best service support in India.
Panasonic TVs are very reliable too. I have a 32 inch Panasonic TV that has lasted nearly 10 years, also was drowned in the floods, but 1 month of drying later, the TV was back on without any issues.

Also have a Sanyo LED 50inch TV, got it for a good deal on Flipkart, the price was so good that I could have bought 3 Sanyos 50 inches for the same price of a Samsung or Sony. The TV is working fine, and service support is by Panasonic India(they own the brand). I did not opt for Kodak, Vu etc as they don't have proper service centers, not even a list.
Old 19th June 2019, 00:25   #8913
BHPian

Quote:
Folks please suggest a TV for me. I have a LG32IN smart TV and it's going good for some years now. No issues whatsoever.

I would like to buy 49" and above. Has anyone recently bought brands like Panasonic, Sanyo, Kodak etc (other than the big 3). If so what has been the experience. Am ok with a full HD TV also provided the PQ is great. Not interested in Vu and others.
Hi NFS2024,
I bought a 49 inch 4K Ultra HD, Full Smart Panasonic TV in October last year. Did a lot of research in the local showrooms and finally bought on Amazon (Diwali Sale) with a 1 year + 1 year extended warranty. Saved 15K compared to shop prices. So far, it's been O.K. Volume is not great. Has to be turned up to 65-70% sometimes. Also discovered after buying that this model does not have Bluetooth - though I am not missing it at all. There is no dedicated speaker out so if you want to connect extra speakers, you will lose the sound from the TV. Basically, it's a "headphone out" socket.
Picture quality is pretty good. Netflix comes "built in" with a dedicated button on the remote. Amazon Prime can be accessed through the "Apps". Connecting to a WiFi network is fairly straightforward.
All in all, am happy with the purchase.

Regards,
SS
Old 19th June 2019, 05:18   #8914
BHPian

Folks,

Suggest a TV between these two based on the usage:

Usage:
Primary - PS4, XBOX and Kodi.
Secondary - Youtube, casting etc.
Timing - 2-4 hours a day on average.

Models [55" + Brand new + the whole 9 yards]:
Sony X9000F - 1,10,000
LG C8 - 1,25,000

Thanks

Last edited by Hades : 19th June 2019 at 05:23. Reason: Spacing
Old 19th June 2019, 15:14   #8915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi NFS2024,
I bought a 49 inch 4K Ultra HD, Full Smart Panasonic TV in October last year.
Regards,
SS
Thanks for your input. Care to tell me which model is it that you bought?
Old 19th June 2019, 21:09   #8916
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your input. Care to tell me which model is it that you bought?
Hi NFS2024,
The model number is :
TH-49FX600D

I would suggest you go for one model up which has Bluetooth as well. There is bound to be a later model in the market now. Mine is 8 months old already.

Regards,
SS
Old 20th June 2019, 08:19   #8917
BHPian

Good Morning!

Looking for first hand exposure to 32" TV.

Budget is INR 15k.

No particular brand preference, but in those unfortunate circumstances when one needs support I would not prefer to wait for days even for basic troubleshooting.

Apart from regular HD/SD channels other content most likely to be played is YouTube via Chromecast.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th June 2019, 10:30   #8918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I have 3 VU TVs at home & 2 Sony TVs.
In terms of warranty - the VU comes with a 3 year warranty, unlike other manufacturers who only offer 1 year warranty.

As an option, you could think about getting a simpler TV & picking up a Fire Stick / Chromecast that would act as an enabler of the Smart function on the TV.
Thanks for your comparison and comments between Sony and Vu.

I think Flipkart offers 1 yr only. But extended warranty available as an option. Is Vu available in offline stores?

Regarding buying simpler TV and get fire stick, I'd much love to do that and but I believe all the TVs above 55 inch have smart features built in, whether you want them or not. So if at all there is an app that is not available in the TV app store then I think Fire TV is the way to go.

Also, any idea if all the HDMI ports in Vu are HDCP 2.2 compliant? To make it futureproof for 4k streaming using Fire Stick, this is a must.
Old 20th June 2019, 11:40   #8919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Good Morning!

Looking for first hand exposure to 32" TV.

Budget is INR 15k.

No particular brand preference, but in those unfortunate circumstances when one needs support I would not prefer to wait for days even for basic troubleshooting.

Apart from regular HD/SD channels other content most likely to be played is YouTube via Chromecast.

Thanks in advance.

I go a 40 inch Vu Ultra Smart about 3 months ago for around 17K.

A same 32 inch Vu is available for 12K. It has A+ Grade HD panel with Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube pre installed with Hot-Key on the remote.

I ordered it from Flipkart and got delivery within 5 days. The installation team also came within 3 hours once the TV was delivered. I am totally satisfied with Vu brand.

My another 50 inch Vu TV is still running strong after almost 7 years. But I am planning to exchange it for a 55 inch Vu Android TV as current one is not a smart TV.
Old 20th June 2019, 11:50   #8920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Thanks for your comparison and comments between Sony and Vu.

I think Flipkart offers 1 yr only. But extended warranty available as an option. Is Vu available in offline stores?

Also, any idea if all the HDMI ports in Vu are HDCP 2.2 compliant? To make it futureproof for 4k streaming using Fire Stick, this is a must.
Not sure about the HDMI ports. I'd expect them to be HDCP 2.2 compliant given it's a 4K TV, but best to ask the sales team.

I personally wasn't too fussed about 4K - just considered it an added bonus as content isn't as easily available yet - my PS is not 4K, and Netflix is the only 4K option out there but more than half the time it takes a while to stream.

Regarding stores: VU should have a store in Pune - they have a couple in Mumbai that I've visited. That being said, the deals online are better.

In the middle VU was offering a 3 year warranty - maybe on select products because I can't see the same right now on Amazon.
Old 20th June 2019, 13:07   #8921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
My another 50 inch Vu TV is still running strong after almost 7 years. But I am planning to exchange it for a 55 inch Vu Android TV as current one is not a smart TV.
Jump from 50 to 55 inch may not amount to a big upgrade. Shouldn't you be buying a chromecast or Fire stick and making the current TV smart?

BTW, thanks for commenting on the life of you current Vu TV.
Old 20th June 2019, 13:14   #8922
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,Want to buy a 49inch HD LED TV with good pic quality. Would prefer 3 HDMI ports(but 2 should be fine worst case other parameters being met) and 1 or 2 USB ports.Budget is around 30K but can stretch till 35k if needed. I do not need a smart TV but inbuilt netflix, youtube would be a plus.

Also, the brand should have a proper service backup in case something goes wrong. Do not want to be stuck with a wall decor in case something breaks and cannot be fixed/replaced. Kindly suggest

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 20th June 2019 at 13:17.
Old 20th June 2019, 14:23   #8923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jump from 50 to 55 inch may not amount to a big upgrade. Shouldn't you be buying a chromecast or Fire stick and making the current TV smart?

BTW, thanks for commenting on the life of you current Vu TV.
I know 50 to 55 isn't a big jump but 55 is the max size that I can fit on my unit. Also viewing distance plays a part.

55 is costing around 44k and I am getting 12k exchange bonus for 7 year old TV plus 10% instant discount on credit card. So for around 28K I'm getting a latest model which is Ultra HD(4k), a size bigger & feature loaded and I feel its not a bad deal at all.
Old 23rd June 2019, 20:45   #8924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Did you buy this online or from a store? If online, some details please?
Quote:
Did you buy offline? How much did it cost you?
I bought this from the TCL brand store. Costed me 1 Lac. The experience has been really good so far. The audio quality is outstanding.

Here is a small comparo of the side profile with an iPhone SE.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-whatsapp-image-20190623-20.42.36.jpeg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-whatsapp-image-20190623-20.42.37.jpeg
Old 26th June 2019, 15:52   #8925
BHPian

Hi all, I'm looking for a few suggestions here. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to TV and tech, so please bear with me.
I want to buy a new TV which is firestick and chromecast/screen mirroring compatible. My budget is 25k. Friends have suggested Mi LED Smart TV 4A Pro with Android (43 inch) and VU Pixelight UltraHD 4K LED Smart TV with Cricket mode (43 inch). What would be a good buy? How reliable is Mi? Has anyone here used it? I'm open to other brands too. Looking to finalise the model in a day or two.

Last edited by Torque_Curve : 26th June 2019 at 16:16. Reason: Adding details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks