Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 18:48   #8446
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Friends, could someone recommend an add on speaker/ sound bar to the 4K LED smart TV ? I sold my home theatre 3 years back, never felt the need of one till date as I have an HK wireless sound system on my work desk. The LED TV stock speaker output is not that great as my old Panasonic plasma, So the hunt
Old 26th September 2017, 20:27   #8447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, could someone recommend an add on speaker/ sound bar to the 4K LED smart TV ?
HI Shaju, do check out the Sony HRT5 (50K) with wireless Rear Surround Speakers and wireless Sub. The Surround speakers are powered so need to have a power source nearby for them.

If you are just looking for a soundbar with wireless sub the JBls are also quite good. (approx 25K)
If the budget is there, then Bose Soundtouch 300 + the Wireless Sub (1.2L)

Or an Onkyo entry HT set for 35K or so.
Old 26th September 2017, 20:52   #8448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
HI Shaju, do check out the Sony HRT5 (50K) with wireless Rear Surround Speakers and wireless Sub.... JBls are also quite good. (approx 25K)...Bose Soundtouch 300 + the Wireless Sub (1.2L)..Or an Onkyo entry HT set for 35K or so.
Thanks Sirji. Unfortunately all of them are above the figures I had in mind. That's one reason I didn't post on the audio thread because most suggestions would be the pro grade stuff. My wireless HK (the glass dome type) was around 20k which I use on my work desk. I don't watch much TV. So under 20k would be ideal
Old 26th September 2017, 22:38   #8449
Senior - BHPian

I'm using a Bose Solo 5 with the LG 4K 55 inch. This costs 16K in Dubai and around 20 in India. Its not the most powerful, but audio is clear with a bit of thump.
Old 27th September 2017, 10:36   #8450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Congratulations, which was the sony model you were considering? I am considering the 7000E in 49".
I was considering X90E, 49". This was slightly better from 82E as it had better dynamic range, both trilumineds etc. The offer was around 120K with 1TB portable storage media

Last edited by Gany : 27th September 2017 at 10:37. Reason: spelling
Old 27th September 2017, 10:47   #8451
BHPian

Guys, between VU and Panasonic (both 43 inches) which one is a better choice?
Old 27th September 2017, 10:59   #8452
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Sanyo 43" LED XT-43S7200F for 23.5K (Great Indian sale discount+SBI card discount) from Flipkart last week. Placed order on 20th morning - Got the TV delivered on 23rd (Kannur Kerala) and installation guys came on same day.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:40   #8453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Guys, between VU and Panasonic (both 43 inches) which one is a better choice?
Certainly Panasonic, who have a long video/TV pedigree. Vu is brand sourcing from CHinese brand.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:42   #8454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I was considering X90E, 49". This was slightly better from 82E as it had better dynamic range, both trilumineds etc. The offer was around 120K with 1TB portable storage media
X90E is one of the best in Sony Lineup. It is critically acclaimed. CHeck Rting.com for detailed review. It is backlit LED and one of the best picture quality.Go for it.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:12   #8455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
Certainly Panasonic, who have a long video/TV pedigree. Vu is brand sourcing from CHinese brand.
Thanks a bunch for sharing. I had purchased a Panasonic but was mulling at changing it to VU but was not really sure on the ownership part especially service part
Old 27th September 2017, 13:57   #8456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a bunch for sharing. I had purchased a Panasonic but was mulling at changing it to VU but was not really sure on the ownership part especially service part
Panasonic is not great at service either. If the difference between VU and Pana is significant then go for VU. People are generally happy with the purchase of VU TV's
Old 27th September 2017, 14:52   #8457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....changing it to VU but was not really sure on the ownership part especially service part
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
....People are generally happy with the purchase of VU TV's
I am a VU user and I cant find any reason why other brands costs more than double !! The best part is, use the same budget and get 2 screens for the price of one. The 55 inch to the living room and 43 inch to the bed room, still saves some change for a dinner at Taj
Old 27th September 2017, 15:03   #8458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Panasonic is not great at service either. If the difference between VU and Pana is significant then go for VU. People are generally happy with the purchase of VU TV's
I got it at a price difference of around 8k. The only advantage I saw in Panasonic over the VU was higher speaker output (this was one of the important factors for me as LG has horribly poor sound output in their LEDs) of 35 Watts compared to 20 on the VU, and the higher refresh rate though I am not completely sold on a higher refresh rate TV. I had ruled out LG completely because of poor quality of their LED screens which lasted just a day more than the warranty covered it. Sony and Samsung were the Innova crystas of the TV world (asking way too much price). So that left me with either VU or Panasonic. I had heard a lot of horror stories for VU customer service and so finally paid around 8k additional and went for a similar Panasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am a VU user and I cant find any reason why other brands costs more than double !!
Probably one reason is that it is relatively a new brand. I burnt my fingers buying a "reliable" brand (LG) and that is the reason why I was considering a cheaper VU because in the cost of the replacement of my LG LED panel, I could get a whole new TV in VU. I was still extremely confused between Panasonic and VU till the last day but went ahead with Panasonic. I still have an option to return the Panasonic within 10 days. So just giving a thought, though now I would need to shell out 3k additional for the same VU TV that what it was in the sale
Old 27th September 2017, 15:49   #8459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Panasonic Plasma at home which stopped working around 6 months back. They are not able to get parts of their own TV, and offered replacement LED TV at a cost higher than it's market price. Their customer service is poor!
Old 27th September 2017, 16:53   #8460
BHPian

Quote:
I got it at a price difference of around 8k. The only advantage I saw in Panasonic over the VU was higher speaker output (this was one of the important factors for me as LG has horribly poor sound output in their LEDs) of 35 Watts compared to 20 on the VU, and the higher refresh rate though I am not completely sold on a higher refresh rate TV. I had ruled out LG completely because of poor quality of their LED screens which lasted just a day more than the warranty covered it. Sony and Samsung were the Innova crystas of the TV world (asking way too much price). So that left me with either VU or Panasonic. I had heard a lot of horror stories for VU customer service and so finally paid around 8k additional and went for a similar Panasonic

Probably one reason is that it is relatively a new brand. I burnt my fingers buying a "reliable" brand (LG) and that is the reason why I was considering a cheaper VU because in the cost of the replacement of my LG LED panel, I could get a whole new TV in VU. I was still extremely confused between Panasonic and VU till the last day but went ahead with Panasonic. I still have an option to return the Panasonic within 10 days. So just giving a thought, though now I would need to shell out 3k additional for the same VU TV that what it was in the sale
I don't know which Panasonic TV you are considering, but my Panasonic 50" Plasma TV purchased in 2011, conked off(motherboard issue). Around 2010-2011, Panasonic stopped importing from Japan and their TVs come from Thailand/Indonesia now.

Very disappointed that the TV gave away in only 6 years. Will be going for a new VU 50" LED 4k with HDR in the next couple of days.

Even more disappointing is the after sales. The Panasonic guys flatly said that they do not have motherboard for the same and offered to buy back the TV for Rs 15000.

Gave the TV to a local TV guy as well, and they spent 3 weeks scouring the market but could not still find the motherboard.

Just letting you know something that can happen. After sales has been a big big let down for me.

Most Viewed