Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:48   #7291
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
This looks like a good model. The 39" model is full HD and suits my requirements too. I will surely check it out. Unable to find user reviews for this, any idea why?
Sorry for late reply. Was away from grid. Here is a review by me. As you can see three more guys bought it after reading my review http://www.hifivision.com/television...-39p2305e.html
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:28   #7292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Sorry for late reply. Was away from grid. Here is a review by me. As you can see three more guys bought it after reading my review http://www.hifivision.com/television...-39p2305e.html
Thanks for the reply. I purchased 39" one for 38.3k from Pai sales. The sleek design looks great and picture quality was good for entertainment channels. Didn't find the sports channel great though, I wasn't sure if its the problem with the TV or me, I am used to watching sports in HD. Parents are happy and I found it VFM.

P.S: I probe the Pai sales guys on the 3 year warranty, they mentioned that its 1 year replacement warranty and 2 year service warranty i.e. no additional service cost!

Last edited by mac187 : 3rd April 2014 at 16:30.
Old 7th April 2014, 19:08   #7293
BHPian

I am scouting for a TV which could play movies from external sources of various formats, I think a 32" TV should suit my hall size, but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ? I reviewed manufacturer fact sheets but I couldn't find much info there.
Can anyone suggest some models which meet this requirement? Thanks for your inputs.
Old 7th April 2014, 22:16   #7294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am scouting for a TV which could play movies from external sources of various formats, I think a 32" TV should suit my hall size, but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ? I reviewed manufacturer fact sheets but I couldn't find much info there.
Can anyone suggest some models which meet this requirement? Thanks for your inputs.
Short list a few models that you are looking for, Carry a Pen drive with sample videos in most of the formats that you would like to test. Visit a dealer/Show room and plug the Pen drive into its USB Post and test it there itself.
Old 7th April 2014, 22:20   #7295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
...but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ?
Umm, you could carry these files with you on a pendrive and simply plug it at the store - will tell you without any doubts which can play what. or not.

From what I had seen during my research was Samsung played the most formats, followed by LG, Panasonic and Sony. This was a good 2 years back and things could have changed now.
Old 10th April 2014, 11:30   #7296
Senior - BHPian

Check for the price difference between the models which can play your movies and which can not. If the difference is more than 3K then buy an external box, to which you can connect Pen Drive HDD etc.
http://www.ankaka.com/digital-media-...ut_p46919.html
http://www.iskysoft.com/convert-ts/e...-drive-tv.html
Old 11th April 2014, 00:41   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hmmm.. I see!
I only got this Micromax TV/Monitor idea Sunday night, planning to check it out at some electronics store this weekend.
Could it be - that the one you saw was not calibrated properly?

I was only going ahead with assumption:
LED/LCD market has evolved well & low cost options should be at least at par with 5~6/10 in picture quality.

I saw one video review online (there aren't many) - it said, the TV lacks "upscaling" - so SD content / lower than native resolution content is likely to be pixelated & have not-good reproduction.

Thanks for the help!

Ace.
I also bought this 32inch hd ready and am not very happy with it.my 7 year old Supra make LCD has better clarity and more features.The screen pixalates erratically on my non hd dth connection.impulse buying is not good!
Old 11th April 2014, 13:05   #7298

Got a PN51F5500 Samsung 51' plasma few days ago based on some really good reviews and the non availability pana ST60. So far soo good I really like the PQ on HD content however there is slight pixlation on SD content but that may be because of the small viewing distance of 9 feet. The tv is large and suited to my needs of watching sports and some ps4. The display however is suspect to image retention even if a static image is played for 10 minutes on the screen hope this goes away with time. One more important thing to keep in mind is the smart touch remote with the tv only syncs with Tata sky too bad I got videocon d2h now stuck with using the plane jane videocon remote for changing channels. The 3D is okay not to good or bad for the price. I think it appears only okay as we are used to watching 3D in theaters where there no wall in the background! may be I'll get used to it. I also got extended warranty from Samsung by paying 6k for 3 years of peace of mind.
I am on the look out for reasonably priced soundbar with or without a sub don't want the whole shebang of home theaters. Any suggestions regarding the soundbar are welcome.
Thanks to bhpians whose opinions I took from this thread while buying the Tv.
Old 12th April 2014, 08:47   #7299
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Got a PN51F5500 Samsung 51' plasma few days ago based on some really good reviews and the non availability pana ST60. So far soo good I really like the PQ on HD content however there is slight pixlation on SD content but that may be because of the small viewing distance of 9 feet. The tv is large and suited to my needs of watching sports and some ps4. The display however is suspect to image retention even if a static image is played for 10 minutes on the screen hope this goes away with time. One more important thing to keep in mind is the smart touch remote with the tv only syncs with Tata sky too bad I got videocon d2h now stuck with using the plane jane videocon remote for changing channels. The 3D is okay not to good or bad for the price. I think it appears only okay as we are used to watching 3D in theaters where there no wall in the background! may be I'll get used to it. I also got extended warranty from Samsung by paying 6k for 3 years of peace of mind.
I am on the look out for reasonably priced soundbar with or without a sub don't want the whole shebang of home theaters. Any suggestions regarding the soundbar are welcome.
Thanks to bhpians whose opinions I took from this thread while buying the Tv.
Samsung has its own soundbars and also checkout sonodyne soundbar http://www.hifimart.com/sonodyne-exb...e-soundbar-355

price of the TV ? Discounts ?
Old 13th April 2014, 18:57   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How are Phillips LED TVs? They seem to have a couple of 40 inchers which are priced much lower than other brands - any reviews on them?
I have a philips LED,though it is good, picture quality is not superior when compared to Sony or Samsung.
Old 20th April 2014, 23:13   #7301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How are Phillips LED TVs? They seem to have a couple of 40 inchers which are priced much lower than other brands - any reviews on them?
I have one of those - picked it up after doing a visual comparison with similar spec Samsung, lg, Panasonic and sharp models. The TV do not excel others in PQ, but do offer on par PQ performance at a lesser price point, but a very big negative is the pathetic sound quality.

If you do not have plans to hook up the TV to an external speaker system, please stay away from Philips, or buy it only after hearing it in a room where a fan is running in high speed.

--Anoop
Old 21st April 2014, 16:50   #7302
Senior - BHPian

How are the 46 inch Samsungs? I am not interested in 3D. I saw a model 5500. What are options in that range? Budget 70-80K.
Old 21st April 2014, 23:08   #7303
BHPian

I was checking for a friend today and grey market 40F5500 is 42500... 32F5500 is 31500.
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:33   #7304
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How is Vu brand of TV's? Snap deal is having a tempting offer for these brand. I am intersted in a 50" LED TV and Vu is being offered for 50K. I am told that Vu is a reputed brand in the US, anyone opted for this from the geneal Korean/Japanese brands?

Link to snapdeal model' http://www.snapdeal.com/product/vu-5...ull/1826232760

Last edited by ghodlur : 23rd April 2014 at 08:39. Reason: Added a link
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:53   #7305
Senior - BHPian

If I am not mistaken Vu is a mainly 'marketed in America' brand and belongs to the erstwhile zenith computers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks