Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 19:07   #7111
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
A 3-year warranty was the only thing I was looking when I was buying my 2nd TV and thankfully settled for a Panny Plasma. I not only got a wonderful TV but Peace of mind is what I got finally
Research on failure of the plasma panel specially the A board. Its quite popular and pana plasma has come to an end from next march. Anything happens to your plasma, you will be given an exchange for a LED or probably cash back. Plasma aint that trouble either and Samsung atleast we know has enough production units that replacements may not take that long.

Pana Plasma - The awesomeness coming to an END.
Old 24th November 2013, 19:26   #7112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys anyone please help....

Contact LG customer care and ask them the dealers who sell this model of the TV . Alternatively, contact those big multi brand show rooms or LG brand showrooms
Old 24th November 2013, 21:08   #7113
BHPian

Thanks for all the inputs and suggestion. Finally I went in for Samsung F5500 PDP. Currently running it in. The picture quality is great and movie watching (typically at night) is amazing! I got 2 3D glasses free with the TV and planing to buy 2 more glasses as well as webcam for the TV.

Has anyone used the camera feature on this TV? I am interested to use it for gesture control games!
Thanks
Gany
Old 26th November 2013, 15:08   #7114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Thanks for all the inputs and suggestion. Finally I went in for Samsung F5500 PDP. Currently running it in. The picture quality is great and movie watching (typically at night) is amazing! I got 2 3D glasses free with the TV and planing to buy 2 more glasses as well as webcam for the TV.
Congrats, what was the price that you paid for this TV?
Old 26th November 2013, 16:31   #7115
BANNED

After the bitter Samsung experience from their product as well as the in competent service adviser, I will never ever buy Samsung TV's. I feel somewhere they are seriously failing. It’s a good lesson but very expensive though!!! Good Bye Samsung
Old 26th November 2013, 17:57   #7116
BHPian

Guys,

After purchasing 3 Samsung LCD's in the past 7 years, was looking at yet another Samsung LED/LCD/Plasma TV in the market. Wanted to go for a 47/50 inch smart TV this time.

What I realized was that the Plasma TV's were best value for money but, somehow none of the manufacturer's had any Plasma TV with fully loaded features like Wifi/LAN, 3D, Apps, etc. Something or the other was missing.

So, had to train my gun on LCD/LED. Having a bias towards Samsung, started hunting for the feature rich TV. When I compared this to competition, I realized that they were charging quite a hefty premium.

Finally, after looking at all pros / cons went in for the LG TV i.e. the 6200 series. Size being 47 inch.

What I got - Direct Lit LED screen, SMART TV features like Wifi & LAN along with pre-loaded Apps, internal HDD with HDMI/AV recording feature (free space of 1.6GB). Additional recording can be done by attaching HDD.
Also, it is a 3D TV that works with passive glasses. Watched Avataar and the 3D effect was just superb. One can also convert 2D to 3D but, the effect is average.
Further, it came along with 4 3d glasses, Magic Remote and wall mount swivel stand.

What I dislike - The Dirty Picture Effect or the banding on screen. But, I suppose the same applies to any LED lit TV in the market.

There are host of other features which I have not spelt out. The idea was to share my thoughts for going in for the said brand and model.

Cheers

PS - I got all this for 80 k and also at an EMI with no additional processing charges.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:59   #7117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Research on failure of the plasma panel specially the A board. Its quite popular and pana plasma has come to an end from next march. Anything happens to your plasma, you will be given an exchange for a LED or probably cash back. Plasma aint that trouble either and Samsung atleast we know has enough production units that replacements may not take that long.

Pana Plasma - The awesomeness coming to an END.
What is the update on the replacement?
Old 26th November 2013, 22:28   #7118
BHPian

Has anyone bought an LCD/LED from abroad and paid any taxes at the airport? Are taxes a must or any other way out? I heard when we bring in an LED we need to pay 36% taxes on the price of the same model LED tv which is available in indian market. The 36% duty is not charged on the imported led bill value! If it is charged on the imported bill value then its still cheaper than buying here. Can anyone clarify on this? The basic samsung LED available in grey market costs around 21000 INR and the one with warranty costs 26000 INR. Hope this rule is withdrawn soon
Old 26th November 2013, 23:22   #7119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Has anyone bought an LCD/LED from abroad and paid any taxes at the airport? Are taxes a must or any other way out? I heard when we bring in an LED we need to pay 36% taxes on the price of the same model LED tv which is available in indian market. The 36% duty is not charged on the imported led bill value! If it is charged on the imported bill value then its still cheaper than buying here. Can anyone clarify on this? The basic samsung LED available in grey market costs around 21000 INR and the one with warranty costs 26000 INR. Hope this rule is withdrawn soon
My friend just brought a 47 inch LED from the US and paid 100$ bribe to the customs guy... Walked out easily. Lower cost lower bribe.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:27   #7120
BHPian

My Samsung remote has conked off. Anyone knows how much a OEM replacement remote costs?
Old 27th November 2013, 08:36   #7121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
My Samsung remote has conked off. Anyone knows how much a OEM replacement remote costs?
Depending on the model, they are priced between Rs 500-700. I remember paying Rs 500 for my Series 5 LCD TV remote 2 years ago.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:42   #7122
Senior - BHPian

Guys any genuine LCD repair mechanic in Delhi. I have a Samsung 5 series 32 inch TV and it shows yellow dots going off and on while being connected via HDMI. It also looses sound when it happens.
Old 27th November 2013, 21:02   #7123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats, what was the price that you paid for this TV?
70K+free BD+2 3D glasses were part of the deal
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:50   #7124
BHPian

I am currently considering a 60"/65" 3D LED TV for my living room and find the prices of VU very reasonable. Can the tech gurus out here comment if VU tvs are worth it and do they last the distance? (as compared to Samsung 8 Series)
Anyone using VU tv's please share your experience and also share your experience about the service support of this company.
I need an elegant looking TV with best picture quality. Features like smart tv, processor etc are all secondary.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:15   #7125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
I am currently considering a 60"/65" 3D LED TV for my living room and find the prices of VU very reasonable. Can the tech gurus out here comment if VU tvs are worth it and do they last the distance? (as compared to Samsung 8 Series)
Anyone using VU tv's please share your experience and also share your experience about the service support of this company.
I need an elegant looking TV with best picture quality. Features like smart tv, processor etc are all secondary.
No idea about VU, but get an extended warranty with any brand that you go for.
On this page itself you would have read about someone facing some trouble with their TV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks