Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 23:43   #6316
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I have recently bought LG LM6410 42" Cinema 3D LED TV with 3D Blueray player for around 75K. Also, I bough Videcon d2h HD STB for better viewing experience. And the experience is so far amazing. But i feel that my whole movie experience totally missed because of missing HTS. As my TV supports only Audio Optical out, I have to buy a HTS which has Optical ports. I have searching some HTS in the market and found that most of the HTS coming with default DVD or BD players with 5.1 speaker setup. In my case, I really don't want one more DVD or BD player as I already have 3D BD player. I only need an AMP with 5.1 channel speakers having capabilities to provide true DDB sound experience.

This is my peculiar requirement, I couldn't get one so far fulfills my requirement. Kindly looking for your valuable inputs/suggestions. My budget is 25K at max.
Old 27th December 2012, 23:51   #6317
Senior - BHPian

Nobody will suggest this. But for the price point you should look at Logitech z5500.

I got it for my computer but now this is my primary system. Solves the purpose and provides me the needed 5.1.

May not be the best solution but the 10inch sub is such a sweet thing and the THX certified speaker does a fantastic job for the price point.
Old 28th December 2012, 00:05   #6318
BHPian

Logitech z5500 was discontinued. You can buy the z906 for around 15k.
Around 25k you can get Onkyo HTS-3400 /3500 and one model from Yamaha.
Old 28th December 2012, 00:11   #6319
BHPian

Thanks a lot !!! This is the great suggestions. I was really looking for such inputs..
Old 28th December 2012, 01:44   #6320
BHPian

How Is Sharp LED ? Want 32' size and value for money with good picture quality

How is Toshiba and Panasonic also for budget > 28000

I have liked sharp but howz service support?
Anyone using sharp can suggest pls

Pls help fast as weekend is approaching and need to buy one
Old 28th December 2012, 11:47   #6321
Senior - BHPian

@32inch

It does not matter which brand it is. There is nothing much the company can do wrong with the tv.

@32 inch the SD signal looks very good and clear that you hardly need a HD connection.

Go with whatever you think has the best offer, service and sales.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:01   #6322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
42 inch does not even require you to get a full HD. Even the SD, set op box contents look fantastic in a 42 inch.

I saw this difference on day 1 in my 50 inch. The SD set up box failed miserably and couldnt hold grounds.

Now thats when the distance matters. We started watching from behind to get a better picture (Feeling)

I think the problem is not with the SD set top box but with the RCA cables that is used to connect the STB to the TV.

Even i experienced very crappy images on the TV from my SD tata sky box. Then i changed over to high quality RCA cables and the difference is leaps and bounds.Although the quality is no where near to HD but is decent than before. So the same is applicable even to the 50 inchers. The culprit the cable not the STB .
Old 28th December 2012, 12:14   #6323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Then i changed over to high quality RCA cables and the difference is leaps and bounds.
What do you mean by high quality RCA cables?
Is it some specific make or brand? How to distinguish?
Old 28th December 2012, 12:22   #6324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What do you mean by high quality RCA cables?
Is it some specific make or brand? How to distinguish?
RCA cables are the component cables(Red,yellow,white) which you connect from STB to TV in case you are using a standard defination STB. The el cheapo ones are available for less than 100 bucks are pathetic with HDTV's. So bought a RCA cable from some good brand(dont remember the name) . The cables are thick and sturdy. The core copper cables are also waay thicker than the el cheapo ones. That has made a huge difference since the signals are transmitted without loss and hence the picture quality is better.

The difference was not seen on the CRT TV which we had before. I can think of two reasons.One, the TV was small(21 inch).Two , the CRT TV is not so sensitive to lossy signals!
Old 28th December 2012, 12:26   #6325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
How Is Sharp LED ? Want 32' size and value for money with good picture quality

How is Toshiba and Panasonic also for budget > 28000

I have liked sharp but howz service support?
Anyone using sharp can suggest pls

Pls help fast as weekend is approaching and need to buy one
I would go for Samsung. They have good service
You can 32EH4000 in your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

@32 inch the SD signal looks very good and clear that you hardly need a HD connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I think the problem is not with the SD set top box but with the RCA cables that is used to connect the STB to the TV.

Even i experienced very crappy images on the TV from my SD tata sky box. Then i changed over to high quality RCA cables and the difference is leaps and bounds.Although the quality is no where near to HD but is decent than before. So the same is applicable even to the 50 inchers. The culprit the cable not the STB .
I disagree. I have hd set top boxes for all my tv's and all are connected via HDMI. I see a hell lot of difference in the SD & HD channels. Even on the 32" one. Thats the smallest i have. I watch from 10ft.
RCA cables do make a difference but marginal. Or in case the cable is already defective.
How can you compare 360p/480p with 1080i.Its like comparing a WagonR with a Honda Civic.no offence.
Once you start experiencing HD you'll fell SD is even more crappier.
Other than the picture quality SD pictures are stretched on an LCD.

Yes if you are sitting far enough you wont't know the difference.

If you swap your provided RCA cables i.e Video+ audio (L+R) with component cables i.e three cables for the video only, it would definitely make a difference as it provides higher resolution.

Last edited by k2max6 : 28th December 2012 at 12:37.
Old 28th December 2012, 13:07   #6326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I disagree. I have hd set top boxes for all my tv's and all are connected via HDMI. I see a hell lot of difference in the SD & HD channels. Even on the 32" one. Thats the smallest i have. I watch from 10ft.
RCA cables do make a difference but marginal. Or in case the cable is already defective.
How can you compare 360p/480p with 1080i.Its like comparing a WagonR with a Honda Civic.no offence.
Once you start experiencing HD you'll fell SD is even more crappier.
Other than the picture quality SD pictures are stretched on an LCD.

Yes if you are sitting far enough you wont't know the difference.

If you swap your provided RCA cables i.e Video+ audio (L+R) with component cables i.e three cables for the video only, it would definitely make a difference as it provides higher resolution.

VW2010 had mentioned that with 42 inches we cant make a difference between HD and non HD.He also said that 50 inches and SD looked crappy. My reply was to clarify that. Even 42 inch and SD will look crappy if proper cables are not used. And i have played HD content thru USB stick on my plasma and they are indeed very beautiful!
Old 28th December 2012, 13:15   #6327
Senior - BHPian

I never made it all the way to Poona, met with an accident and have been admitted in Aditya Birla Mem. hospital in Chinchwad since the last two weeks.

Anyhow, the price I got was from Panasonic Brand shop in Lajpat nagar, New Dilli. Needless to say it was with bill and complete warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Khoj: Were you able to check out the store/ display pieces?
I got a revised offer for P42GT50 @ Rs. 89K.

When I told him about 81K in Delhi, he said that would be without VAT or without bill or without warranty (meaning gray market).

Can you share some details?

BTW: The dealer's landing cost is Rs. 85K (as per the dealer).

Meanwhile, I was offered the ST50 for a lower price (in the 70-79K range, I think).
I have not seen ST50 panel so I do not know how dull it is in comparison to GT50 panel.

Anyone with first hand experience of the comparison?

There is a lot of varied opinions being posted regarding HD SD viewing experience on different sizes, here s my take on the same based on the two panels that I have at home.

LCD panel Hitachi 32" HD ready connected to Tata Sky HD+ with AV cable (The HDMI board of this panel was fried due to a power surge) The difference between HD and SD channels on this panel is very very obvious for both scaled up HD transmissions (Star plus, colours etc ) and true HD transmissions (ESPN, Discovery etc)

Plasma Panel Panasonic 50VT20 full HD connected to Tata Sky HD+ with HDMI cable. Needless to say HD channels are A1 but then I cannot find any shortcoming in the SD channel (SAB tv, Life OK etc.) transmissions either.

Last edited by khoj : 28th December 2012 at 13:35.
Old 28th December 2012, 13:22   #6328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I never made it all the way to Poona, met with an accident and have been admitted in Aditya Birla Mem. hospital in Chinchwad since the last two weeks.

Anyhow, the price I got was from Panasonic Brand shop in Lajpat nagar, New Dilli. Needless to say it was with bill and complete warranty.

What happened?! Hope you are doing well now. Did it happen when you were going to buy a new TV?
Old 28th December 2012, 13:24   #6329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Holy mother of God!

How is your health now?

How did you meet with the accident?
Get well soon.
The rate that you provided is more than the landing cost of all the dealers here. Perhaps the 4% Octroi adds 3-4K to the price.
I used that figure to bargain, nevertheless, and the best offer I got is 86K. Someone else promised 83K, but I cannot rely on that dealer. Ofcourse, that one is without any stock.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:46   #6330
BHPian

Quote:
Holy mother of God

How are you doing now? Please let us know, if you require any support in Pune, I work pretty close to Chinchwad and will be available on pretty short notice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks