Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 12:12   #5956

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

[quote=amalji;
2) A 3rd party skype camera for my panasonic Blu-ray ( The original panasonic ones cost 11,000 MRP and the lowest price the dealer is offering me is Rs. 8.500/- which is still costly. )
[/quote]

Also, let us know if and when you buy this.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:14   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Panasonic TH-P50XT50
XT series is not full HD. They are HD ready.

50 inch my choice was between Samsung E550 and Panasonic ST50D.

I chose the ST50D and i do not regret even for a second. The picture quality is very good. I have been wanting to post some pictures but not getting the time.

The STB output is so low yet the picture quality is quite good. Its warm and does not scream brighness and i love the subtle image and realistic colors over the bright LED.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:17   #5958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Panasonic 42xt50 will perfectly suit your requirement and it will cost you 42 to 45. It's also equipped with 3d. Power consumption will be 10 to 15 percent higher than an LCD and 100 percent higher than an led. It's equipped with a Japanese panel . Panasonic plasmas are probably the only televisions that come with a 3 year warranty.
Thanks!

I do not need 3D so 42X50D is sufficient isn't it? Leaving 3D is there any significant advantages 42XT50D has over 42X50D?

X retails around 38K and XT around 45K. So there is a difference of approximately 7K
Old 10th September 2012, 14:05   #5959
Senior - BHPian

@Latheesh

The 42XT50D is not Full HD. It is not 1080P. It is HD ready and native is 720P. You may not be able to enjoy the realistic 1080 P. Though currently we have only 1080I in even STB and DTH the difference will be there.

On the other Hand being HD ready your STB will see a vast improvement in clarify and you can enjoy a Digital STB better in the HD ready TV than full HD>
Old 10th September 2012, 14:06   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Only requirements are for it to be a Full HD.
Currently I'm looking at the LG 50PM6700 and the Panasonic TH-P50XT50, both of which are Full HD plasmas.
To add to what VW2010 has already said, FullHD is 1080 lines resolution (horizontal) whereas HD Ready is 720 lines resolution. Also refer link posted below for comparison of various models.

The term HD Ready is actually a misnomer, IMHO, because there is no way it can be turned into FULL HD by some software upgrade or hardware addition. This is unlike Wifi Ready, wherein you just add a USB dongle to make it wifi capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks!

I do not need 3D so 42X50D is sufficient isn't it? Leaving 3D is there any significant advantages 42XT50D has over 42X50D?
As per this link
http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/asia/...on_plasma.html
it appears 3D is the only difference. Viera Connect is not listed on this page but Panasonic India website mentions it under X50D.
Old 10th September 2012, 15:35   #5961
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Hello all, I'm in the process of buying a new tv. Upgrading to a 50 incher monster this time.
I happen to be a big fan of plasmas, so LED's are a no go!
Only requirements are for it to be a Full HD.
Currently I'm looking at the LG 50PM6700 and the Panasonic TH-P50XT50, both of which are Full HD plasmas. Any feedback in regards to the above mentioned models will be of great help.
If there are any other tvs that I can check out, I'd like to know that too.
Need some help here. Thanks guys!

Hi Marcus,

Walk right into the Samsung Gallery close to your place and place an order for Samsung 51 inches Plasma. PS51E550D1R. You can find the information about that on the Samsung India Website. It has ALL the bells and whistles, WIFI, Full HD, 3D (you name it and its there). I got mine for 78 K with a blue ray player free. I have coupled it with the Airtel DTH. The results are awesome !! Extra moolah can also see you marching towards the 8 Series Samsung Plasma
Old 10th September 2012, 17:01   #5962
BHPian

I just paid for a 42" LG LED yesterday. It was 60K and includes a free Tata Sky HD connection. I was never keen on Sony due to the steep prices and I am sick of everything being Samsung at home (Galaxy S3, My Ac, Washing Machine etc.) I compared a 40" Samsung LED in terms of picture quality, sound and features and found LG colors to be more natural than Samsung.
I will post the model number once it is delivered today.
Old 11th September 2012, 02:56   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Hi Marcus,

Walk right into the Samsung Gallery close to your place and place an order for Samsung 51 inches Plasma. PS51E550D1R. It has ALL the bells and whistles, WIFI, Full HD, 3D (you name it and its there). I got mine for 78 K. The results are awesome !!
Hey NMS!! Thanks for the suggestion. Tuesday and Wednesday are a little tight as far as schedule goes, but the Samsung gallery visit is a sure thing on Thursday's agenda. I shall also see if there are any offers happening, since Ganeshotsav is just a week away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
As per this link
http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/asia/...on_plasma.html
it appears 3D is the only difference. Viera Connect is not listed on this page but Panasonic India website mentions it under X50D.
Thank you for the info and the link, Guite. Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
XT series is not full HD. They are HD ready.

The STB output is so low yet the picture quality is quite good. Its warm and does not scream brighness and i love the subtle image and realistic colors over the bright LED.
Hello VW2010!!
Looks like I now have 3 heavyweight contenders fighting for the spot on my wall!!
Of the 3, I've only checked out the LG. Thursday is gonna be 'mindfield' day...haha!
From what I've heard about Panasonic plasmas, I'm really looking forward to check them out. However, the features on the Samsung are equally tempting! Only Thursday will tell!
Old 11th September 2012, 10:29   #5964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I've heard about Panasonic plasmas, I'm really looking forward to check them out. However, the features on the Samsung are equally tempting! Only Thursday will tell!
Let me be brutally honest with you. The difference between these TV's in a show room is very minimal. The conditions are highly bright and LED's will blow the plasma's into pieces.

You will actually find Samsung better than Plasma for they have a slightly better dynamics on the brighter side while the darks will be brilliant on Panasonic.

The color rendition will be more warm and natural on Plasma while the Samsung will slightly be towards an LED.

The difference is very minimal. I went with panasonic for the features of ST50D blew me over and i have no regrets.

I had shortlisted between the Samsung and Panasonic. All the reviews drove me towards Panasonic.

If the decision is between PS51E550D and XT50, just blindly go and pick the samsung. But if the decision is between PS51E550D and Panasonic ST and above series, i would tilt immediately towards Panasonic.

XT series are not FULL HD.
Old 12th September 2012, 11:06   #5965
BHPian

Guys, what are the differences between the Panasonic plasma models P42ST30D and P42ST50D ? I understand that 30D is a 2011 model and 50D is a 2012 model, but apart from that, is there any difference?

I am doing my research for a 40-46 inch plasma/LED TV with less than 40-60k budget. 42ST30D is very difficult to find, I found once place online where they are selling it for 60K. 42ST50D is going way over my budget at 80K
Old 12th September 2012, 11:48   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, what are the differences between the Panasonic plasma models P42ST30D and P42ST50D ? I understand that 30D is a 2011 model and 50D is a 2012 model, but apart from that, is there any difference?

I am doing my research for a 40-46 inch plasma/LED TV with less than 40-60k budget. 42ST30D is very difficult to find, I found once place online where they are selling it for 60K. 42ST50D is going way over my budget at 80K
For me, its:
G15 vs G14 panel
built in wifi
and 3d glasses.
(leaving out the contrast values and other things.

on 30th aug, the pana brandshop in baner-pune quoted 84k mrp but final quote was 77k with 2 glasses and HT.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:35   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
42ST30D @ 60K is good deal if you are sure that it is not a showroom piece. Last week, me and my wife ran out of patience and bought a 42UT30D with the free HD offer from Panasonic + 2 HD glasses. Checked for the no of hours run and was happy that I was the first person to switch on the TV. Even though I regret not having the power efficient, High contrast G15 panel I still love the picture clarity it offers over comparative LCD/LED TV.

I am yet to upgrade my STB. Will be doing this week along with buying the Wifi Dongle (XT30 is Wifi-ready only)

Last edited by DWind : 12th September 2012 at 13:37.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:59   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Last week, me and my wife ran out of patience and bought a 42UT30D with the free HD offer from Panasonic + 2 HD glasses.
What was the pricing?
Old 13th September 2012, 14:09   #5969
BHPian

I bought it for 58 K at brand shop. I know I could have knocked off atleast couple of Thousand if I had bargained more but we were too tired of shopping (at T Nagar). Also was happy that it was a fresh piece.
Old 13th September 2012, 15:07   #5970
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can anyone share some feedback on the Plasmas from Samsung. I am looking for a good large screen (60 in +) plasma and recently saw this model which was recently launched by them. This is a 64in size screen.

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/t...PS64E8000GRLXL

It looks good and picture quality was quite nice.
MRP is 2.47 and the dealer was offering at 2.36

Is it worth it?

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 13th September 2012 at 15:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks